Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say Hunterborne + Campfire are wonderful mods, especially if you can turn off the Dragons by doing the Alternate start, so you can chill out, avoid cities, hunt game, make all kinds of **** from their carcasses (all looking great and a bunch of them pretty good and useful, at least in the beginning and mid game) and then get comfy by the fire before you doze off in your fur tent. Almost makes me want to do it irl and I fookin hate camping and hunting. Some of the Khajiit mod also gives a fixed, permanent camp just north of Dragonsreach, with a fire and a chest that doesn't eat your things after three days like the normal non-owned-home chests do (supposedly) and another Khajiit mod takes you on a quest to rebuild a carriage and turn yourself into a proper Khajiit caravan. Very atmospheric, very low-key and great for roleplaying the Khajiit giving you things to do because you're not allowed in cities . Loving it. Alas, I am worried that troubled times will befall R'Jashirr and he will have to resort to the Khajiit stereotype and loot a city to the ground. It would be especially sad if they were only starting to trust him as he seemed to be "the good kind" It would make Khajiit sad, but such is life far away from the warm sands of Elsweyr.

Don't worry, husband's keeping a lid on it and is prepared to intervene once all boxes are checked. Although today he was asking what's that all about, peeking in, watching me chase an elk and saying things "yeah I can see the appeal" So either he was polite and trying his best to not alienate the future intervention victim or he's started to spiral too. I read about some co-ops where the other person is basically a follower controlled by that other player and not another Dragonborn in his own RPG right. Anybody has any experience with that?

Yeah, that's actually a rather warm recommendation for the game. Warts aside. Shows that despite some of the flaws we like to criticise it for, and the "dumbing down" that long term ES players are frustrated by, are still secondary to the fact that it's a pretty decent roleplaying experience if you do it right.

We should start a warm hearts club. Eating hearty food, drinking hearty drink by the hearth in my mobile Khajiite hearthfire which is effin uh-maaaazing! Could only use separate container so there's some system and I don't have to look fro that necklace among a ton of alchemy ingredients and genocidal amount of deer skin and wolf pelts. But that may or may not be solvable by getting those rusty portable strongboxes I find when using the script for foraging.

Well, what can I say. I miss having cats :smile: and all anthropomorphized cat in literature or any art are basically guaranteed to be entertaining. From Cheshire Cat through Behemot to Khajiit.

So far the character has been hunting&camping and making bone arrows and amulets etc 90+% of the time. He's also picked up alchemy because being a diligent predator, can't let those antlers and wolf eyes and mudcrab chitin go to waste. I have ignored all quests except the one that gave a bounty for killing the bandits around Whiterrun to gain the citizens trust and be allowed in to trade my hunting surpluses and the occassional regular loot when bandits were just determined to not let go. For the same reasons I agreed to get that Black guys sword back and to restore the dying tree in the middle of the town. I also gave Ysolda her stupid mammoth tusk, because she seems to have a thing fro Khajiit, but there was no dialogue option to tell her to follow me to my tent. Sad! I'm now trying to figure out some rules/explanations for which quests I should take. Dark Brotherhood seems like a mildly coherent option, still hunting except now it's people, but I don't think my character is that amoral, I might try to think of some religious explanation for it, like that he dislikes the way do it, because they don't do it right because the real Sithis is blabla, so he reluctantly joins hoping things will get on right track. Dawnguard seems like an obvious choice. Like with the DB, it's just taking hunting up a notch, except everybody who is not a sexually repressed Mormon hates vampires. Companions seem boring. Joining the College is quite a leap from hunting, but something could probably be thought of.

Thieves Guild doesn't make a whole lot of sense, roleplaying wise, but non-rp-wise, they do have some good trainers in one place :smile: so that's tempting. I'm mostly interested in the one Who trains Archery, but supposedly there's also an Expert Archer in Dawnguard.

Anyway, I'm not in a hurry now that my one-man caravan is off to the world to trade his hunting & alchemy products, learn more alchemy and now that he has created himself a portable enchanting kit to see how his bracers of archery work, might pick up an interest enchanting and make any decisions only after he has mastered them.

The really trick part though is that I also got a mod that gives an adoptable Khajiit kid roaming somewhere around Morthal. I don't think I can adopt her without one of the original, regular homes, but it is also breaking my heart that this bunch of polygons is somewhere out there alone and scared :smile: so I don't know what will happen of the caravan. Or her. I haven't met her yet, so I'm really hoping she would be ok nomad-ing out, but since the two mods were created by different people, I kinda doubt it.

Dark Brotherhood: I've never been able to justify joining these guys, with any character. I might've joined them once with a character I didn't really care about, probably just to see what their missions/loot were like, but if I did I can't really recall. I just don't find much fun in playing evil characters. There are times I can justify killing a technically innocent person, like that ****in' priest in Whiterun who never shuts up, but I haven't been keen on joining a group that'll ask me to murder people without much of any justification.

The Dawnguard are good guys, and they've got cool armor and a fairly good questline. It seems like some fans are divided about Serana, your companion for much of the story, but I like her. She's nice. A couple quests into the Dawnguard story, though, and you'll get the chance to join the vampires and gain the ability to transform into a vampire lord. This too is like hunting people, only as a vampiric winged monster who can drain life, turn into a cloud of bats, and send people flying. It can be fun to fly into a bandit camp and wreak havoc like this.

I've only played the Companions questline a couple of times, and that was a very long time ago, but yeah, IIRC they were kinda boring. You get to be a werewolf, but... eh.

The College is fun if you're into magic. I've played their questline a few times; my characters are usually sneaksters or mages.

The Thieves' Guild questline's okay. I suppose if you wanted to rp as a sneak-thief Khajiit, they'd make sense to join, but if you're trying to avoid conforming to stereotypes I can understand avoiding them. 

Dunno how much you know about them already, but the companions offer a different kind of furry adventure, and it also could fit the hunter-theme.
Also, there's the quest from Hircine, the daedric Prince of the Hunt, though that one might be more interesting if you have some progress in the companions storyline.

And by the way, as a Khajiit you could very well justify all kinds of quests by downing a few bottles of skooma and do weird stuff while your character is high as a kite.

Pfft, I believe that for it to be a furry thing, there would have to be some sexualization and there isn't any. It's d'awww, not hawt.

Hadn't known about Inigo, installed, but not contacted yet. Looks very amusing from the screenshots, it's a shame he doesn't speak in the 3rd person though. I guess he's been out of Elsweyr for some time or something. Regarding questlines, the werewolves were a little bit of a spoiler, but I'll live :smile: Haven't made any hard decisions yet, I'm leaning towards making the character a little bit religious, but I'll have to read up on the lore about the Daedra, Sithis, Hircine and Azura or whatnot.

Arvenski said:
Dork Brotherhood
I did part of them once with one of my favourite characters I've ever done. He was a warlock. Not directly evil. But just completely self-centred and obsessed with gaining power and knowledge, at any cost. And willing to **** over anyone he didn't know well. Not cartoon evil, like most fantasy forces you to be. But a sort of "evil" in the more human sense. And a very interesting roleplaying experience. Joined the DB early on because he stumbled into it, and figured it was a good way to make some quick cash, and a good organisation to have at his back if need be. He was also my key to finally doing the vamp side of Dawnguard. Which is surprisingly fun. At least if you have a few mods that make being a vamp a lot cooler.

Think there are a couple of books you can find in the game that describe those "deities".
deities my ass, talos is one true god of men

Just going to give my 5 cents, i have 700 hours in skyrim, mostly modding it and doing my best not to let it crash, mind you.
Main problem with skyrim is that plain vanila is unplayable once you finish it once. Literally unplayable, it has 0 replay value without mods. You can join every guild, without even being specialized to begin with. No more warrior guild/ mage guild dilemma as per say, big choices with no consequences that you could feel and stuff like that . Main quest is weak, and the magic (thing i liked in the previous TES titles) is extraordinary dull and even more boring than it was before (magic was never a strong aspect, but pure mage was a viable choice). But then again, when you put 100+ mods in the base game, all the extra stuff, armors, weapons, combat balance, magic balance, more magic, better alchemy, no more rambo peasants trying to yolo a dragon, requirements to join guilds, etc. etc. you can throw couple of hundred hours into it. Had some good quests too, loved the dark brotherhood questline for example.

We will see how the next TES game plays out. I'm very sceptical, but we will see

kurczak said:
I guess he's been out of Elsweyr for some time or something.
His background story is long and interesting, but as any normal person he'll ask for a (safe) place to sit down to chitchat, so you do need to enter a tavern or house (just mentioning because of your nomadic playstyle)

Regarding magic mods, the part I love the most is usually those usually added to alteration: utility spells, not combat. Being able to levitate, jump higher, no fall damage, or just remove that damn blizzard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom