Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sad right now. Lydia is dead, and it is all my fault. We went to Mount Anthor to kill the Dragon there... After firing several arrows at the Dragon it finally lands on the ground and Lydia went into melee combat with the beast... I stayed back for a while in order to weaken the dragon some more... At the end I run up and kill the Dragon with my sword. I then notice that Lydia is nowhere around me. I was hoping that she was just on her knees, wounded but still alive.
But no, she was dead. Bravely sacrificing her life to kill one of the Dragons burning and killing in Skyrim.

I carried her up to the nearby Dragon shrine, put the Axe of Whiterun, her shield and her Circlet as a small monument. She shall never be forgotten:

Lydia, brave and honourable Huskarl.
Dead 28th of Last Seed, 201 4E.
Loyal servant of Whiterun, Slayer of Dragons,
Fought so that others would live.
We shall met in Sovngarde.

:cry:

Followers and companions are just bothersome. I fight alone so NPCs don't get killed.

Bgfan said:
Wolfhead said:
For ****'s sake, I just said I didn't like the saturation on the colours in Oblivion and rabid fanboys start coming out of the woodwork. I like the game as much as the next guy, flaws and all, but that's my ******** opinion. I didn't like that particular aspect in 2007, and I don't ******** like it now. Stop acting as if I'm calling your dead mother a whore or something. Go have sex with the ******** game disc if you like it so much.

You seem to be overreacting quite strongly.

Not really.

If you had read his post you would have seen he did not compare the two, he only stated his opinion on Oblivion.

theAthenian said:
Followers and companions are just bothersome. I fight alone so NPCs don't get killed.

I never find them bothersome. Play on Master and you will learn to love them. In Adept or whatever they might be weak as heck, but in Master they get the 2x bonus and kick ass, Lydia saved me many times... Many times did she take the attention of that beast, many times did she, without hesitation, run straight at it in order to save the innocents who would die had we not battled with it. And now she is dead.

I've been trying out a few of the follower mods, even Morrowind and Oblivion had better follower mods that improve their behavior far better than Bethesda seems able to achieve. A very good one make Uthgerd into a real asset in battle. He prettied her up a bit, but not cover girl ridiculous, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well this mod works. Light armor skill (will equip any light armor you give her), stays back out of the way, doesn't block doorways, uses ranged attack by default but has a good one-handed skill for close quarter combat. No motor-mouth babbling repetitively either.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6585

A bit silly armor in the screenshot, I've given her good light armor and so far she's been excellent.

Haresus said:
theAthenian said:

I never find them bothersome. Play on Master and you will learn to love them. In Adept or whatever they might be weak as heck, but in Master they get the 2x bonus and kick ass, Lydia saved me many times... Many times did she take the attention of that beast, many times did she, without hesitation, run straight at it in order to save the innocents who would die had we not battled with it. And now she is dead.
Does that help with the fact that they're forever stuck at the level they at when you first see them? Or was that addressed in one of the last few patches?
It still boggles my mind that they didn't allow them to grow stronger with the rest of the game world over time. Or at least at certain hallmarks.

Matthieu said:
/offtopic

Catpurse, I really, really love your sig xD
But you don't even understand it :c

Anyone feel like beta testing a mod?

Just a weapon/shields addition mod, but I'd appreciate it if people could take a run through a dungeon or two to check that things are showing up properly in game. Not quite done yet, but should hopefully be finished sometime tomorrow.

After making a Khajiit mage and a Nord Warrior (just because, you know, because) I have grown really tired of vanilla and I still haven't even started the Thieves' Guild questline. I'ev got barely half of the achievements.
One would think that there's tons of hilarious bugs to keep me occupied for ages, but really, these bugs are just irritating and suck. I sure do hope Bethsoft features some better bugs in the next release or I won't buy it. :xf-mad:

I bet the surprise they have promised will come on Tuesday is another ck delay :grin:

Kazzan said:
Heard from a friend that the creation kit is gonna be released on Tuesday. Didn't find the source though.
They posted that on their blog, so yep, looks like it will actually be Tuesday.

theAthenian said:
I bet the surprise they have promised will come on Tuesday is another ck delay :grin:
Nah, that wouldn't be surprising. :razz:

Steam back-end has files in reference to a Skyrim HD Pack, so it seems like they're offering an official texture patch.

Mod isn't quite done yet, ended up being sociable like a looser last night and lost valuable moddin' times. Should have it ready by sometime later today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom