Editing/modding values?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey!

I have been googling for days and after realizing no mod exists in the absence of being able to edit it within the game, I finally caved to make a thread. What files do I need to look into, to edit or mod, in order to change certain values within Bannerlord? For example, I would like to adjust food consumption so that my party eats less and be able to adjust even things like entry costs to tournaments, or even increase how much denars each shop holds. How do I go about this process? I'm assuming I need the Bannerlord Modding Tool Kit and I have that downloaded, but what else?

Thanks for reading!

(Sorry if this is not the correct place for this thread, moderators. I thought maybe technical support, but there wasn't a sub-section for this sort of thing)

Solution
What files do I need to look into, to edit or mod, in order to change certain values within Bannerlord? For example, I would like to adjust food consumption so that my party eats less and be able to adjust even things like entry costs to tournaments, or even increase how much denars each shop holds. How do I go about this process? I'm assuming I need the Bannerlord Modding Tool Kit and I have that downloaded, but what else?
Your question is too vague - but I will answer anyway.
- There is no single file where you can edit this. And it's not accessible out of the box
- You DONT need Modding Tool Kit. It's not "that" type of modding.
- You need C# and coding knowledge. Once you have that,
1- You need to reverse engineer their...
I'm pretty certain no modder would answer such a tiny question on Nexus Mods, nor appreciate me PMing them. I also wouldn't want to spam a random mod just to ask, so this is my best place. :sad:

Upvote 0
I would need to know what files specifically to edit that contains what I want to edit, but yea, I wouldn't mind learning some C# for it either. I do have a bit of experience in some coding (well, alright, it was Ruby) so hopefully it won't be super complicated.

Unfortunately the mod is really out dated, but I will download it and check it out. Maybe I can discern something else from it, too. lol

Upvote 0
What files do I need to look into, to edit or mod, in order to change certain values within Bannerlord? For example, I would like to adjust food consumption so that my party eats less and be able to adjust even things like entry costs to tournaments, or even increase how much denars each shop holds. How do I go about this process? I'm assuming I need the Bannerlord Modding Tool Kit and I have that downloaded, but what else?
- There is no single file where you can edit this. And it's not accessible out of the box
1- You need to reverse engineer their DLL files and read their code. Entry costs, food consumption etc, they are all calculated in different classes and different DLL files. You need to know what you are looking for and pinpoint that exact location.
2- Once you pinpoint your class/property etc, you need to check if this is something publicly editable within the class or not. Usually they are not.
3- If they have setters publicly available, you can simply set that in your custom behavior. If not, you need to do reflections or use Harmony patches to patch that. Usually, food consumption calculations are handled by method, for example. But as I said, all of these questions have different answers and different files so it's really up to you.
4- Create your own module and load it like any other mod. Debug if you like - depends on your mod complexity.

Things you will use; dnSpy, dotPeek, Visual Studio ( or any other C# compiler ) and other stuff you enjoy, programming knowledge, modding knowledge, a lot of weird architecture reading and patience.

Upvote 1
Solution
1- You need to reverse engineer their DLL files and read their code. Entry costs, food consumption etc, they are all calculated in different classes and different DLL files. You need to know what you are looking for and pinpoint that exact location.
2- Once you pinpoint your class/property etc, you need to check if this is something publicly editable within the class or not. Usually they are not.
3- If they have setters publicly available, you can simply set that in your custom behavior. If not, you need to do reflections or use Harmony patches to patch that. Usually, food consumption calculations are handled by method, for example. But as I said, all of these questions have different answers and different files so it's really up to you.
4- Create your own module and load it like any other mod. Debug if you like - depends on your mod complexity.

Things you will use; dnSpy, dotPeek, Visual Studio ( or any other C# compiler ) and other stuff you enjoy, programming knowledge, modding knowledge, a lot of weird architecture reading and patience.

I'm sorry, I tried to put my thoughts down as best as I could. It seems you understood my overall question though. I'm not a complete newb to reverse engineering, so at least I understand what you mean by that. lol

Thank you so much for the detailed answer, Bloc! It's time to dabble more into it! :smile:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom