Duel Server Information

Users who are viewing this thread

I have to agree with Charlini. I'd love to give you pages of feedback, but what's the point when there's no response? I fully understand that you had issues and responsibilities in your personal/family life, but my honest opinion is that TaleWorlds has very large deficiencies in communication with the community (not implying it's your fault). We literally grope in the dark and have no info about your vision for the game, how you handle our feedback etcetera... And that's not an issue of a past month or so, it has been an issue for years but mainly visible since the alpha/beta release. It's not healthy for us - community - and I don't think it's healthy for the company either. I know it's not possible to respond to each feedback thread on forums, but please, try to give us feedback on the most discussed and constructive threads.

This really isn't the best place to discuss this, (so I sent you a DM with a reply to this comment). The topic of the thread is Duel Server Information, and it would be great to keep the discussion in here around that. :smile:

You need more than just one duel server with 30 slots but I guess it's a moderating issue as to why there is not more?

Please read the OP again, or have a read through the thread, this has been covered.

We aren't ready to share server files just yet, but if things go well with these first two servers we can certainly look at expanding them to more regions with our own servers.
Thanks for good news.

Player of our team is a hosting providers representative. He is ready to provide a server for free. We sent you an email in [email protected] and PM.

Last edited:
Godammit right when I go back to sea to work and stop sitting around playing all day ya’ll go and start making the multiplayer good. If this progress is anything to go by in 2 weeks when I’m home it’ll be even better ?

+1

@Callum I'm not an expert on the subject at all; however, I can't understand why we haven't had servers for Duel since the beginning of the alpha/beta period (ideal combat system test enviroment).Better late than never, but my question is: Why not before? What made it impossible to implement last year, and now it is?

It just seems that until we show you our teeth, you don't react; I'm honestly saying that. Now, again the trouble, because "it seems" that the block delay has been reintroduced (sorry for the wild offtopic)... It seems that all the feedback that was given at the time (a lot) doesn't matter now? With you it's a constant tug-of-war... take this paragraph and start applying it from now on...

[...]We realise that we haven’t communicated with you as frequently and as openly as we should have. We failed at connecting with our community, and sometimes it might appear as if we are not paying you as much attention as you deserve. We are incredibly grateful for having such fantastic support and we were unsuccessful in letting you know just how much we appreciate you being there for us over the years.

We want to improve our relationship and communication with you – starting right now. We know that you can’t wait to get your hands on Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, and we understand that after all these years you have a lot of questions. Moving forward, we think that the best way to engage with you is by being transparent, by opening our doors to introduce you to our daily work, as well as by having clear channels to communicate with you about everything related to TaleWorlds Entertainment and Mount & Blade that we can – or cannot – talk about at this moment in time. We are striving to create the best game that we can deliver, which is a tough task that has taken us many years, and it is your support that motivates us to work harder!
[...]

the game has already been released, there are no deadlines or pressure. We know that the game will be in EA for +- 1 year; but you have us in the most miserable darkness; bring the light to the public level and communicate your timeline with your fans. PLEASE.
You sound like a drama queen, especially when they've been releasing numerous big updates a week.. They're focusing on stability for multiplayer as seen by the past patches. Which is wise, considering how often people crash in Siege

Well, so far I played for about 45 minutes and there were "only" 4 dudes not following the guidelines. I'll wait for actual duels but it was fun.

The first ban wave has already occurred affecting 4 players who were reported for disruptive behaviour and racist comments in chat.

Just to be clear: Trolling won't get the servers shut down, it will just get your access to the entirety of MP removed for some time. If the same players decide to come back and continue doing what they were doing after their ban expires, the next one will be for an extended period.

On the positive sign, we had almost the whole duel server form a conga line.

You sound like a drama queen, especially when they've been releasing numerous big updates a week.. They're focusing on stability for multiplayer as seen by the past patches. Which is wise, considering how often people crash in Siege
450_1000.gif

I am not going to appeal to your reading comprehension; however I think we are talking about different things here.
Apparently @Callum , we're not what we used to be... what happened to those days when you were my "little butterfly" and me your "whiskers".

Don't you love™ me anymore that you no longer answer me?

This thread is specifically for talking about the duel servers and I'm trying to ensure it doesn't turn into some impossible to navigate and read mega-thread of all things multiplayer.

I will answer the one on-topic question you made though about why we can open these servers now and not previously. We had issues with passworded servers not working and now those issues have been fixed.

This thread is specifically for talking about the duel servers and I'm trying to ensure it doesn't turn into some impossible to navigate and read mega-thread of all things multiplayer.

I will answer the one on-topic question you made though about why we can open these servers now and not previously. We had issues with passworded servers not working and now those issues have been fixed.
Understood. Thank you for your clarification and sorry for the inconvenience.

We aren't ready to share server files just yet, but if things go well with these first two servers we can certainly look at expanding them to more regions with our own servers.

Any chance we can get central or west coast servers in the US for the various gamemodes? It's very frustrating to play when many of your blocks don't register due to lag. I personally would be willing to pay extra for these servers, although I know you don't have a model for that sort of payment in place.

Thanks, and i'm really enjoying the duel servers though I wish we could play as other factions, particularly Sturgia (personal opinion)!

Back
Top Bottom