Dragoons are getting ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

CKtheFat said:
I'm usually less concerned about dragoons as the other cavalry types.  In my experience, dragoons have to stop or slow down to a trot to get their accuracy to a reasonable degree, at which point you should have already lined up your shot.

No. When you  get close enough to the target just press ctrl+j and make sure there is no enemy cav nearby.

Evanovic said:
Talii said:
Clarification: A Noobgoon is a dragoon who use the Hit-And-Run tactic, often with Musketoons, where they ride up to you, point blank and ride away.

GangstaGoons doing their 19th century style hit and run ride-bys.

They're indeed some tough guys. Shooting and missing... Riding you down... Attempting to ride you down, but  fails and get's stabbed... Being the last one on your team during  a battle where they hit(not realy) and run... Being teamkilled the next round... Being kicked, temp banned, perm banned....

They're indeed tough.

Its like this, if you are facing off a dragoon and you miss with your shot, you have about an 80% chance of death, 90% if its a muskatoon, most of the time you can doge and weave but they are standing still so they can just wait.. its just the face that they ride up to you, miss, run away and if you try and get close they back off and reload. If they would miss then fight with their swords like men.. :wink:

Maybe make it so you cant shoot of horseback :razz:

Treble said:
Its like this, if you are facing off a dragoon and you miss with your shot, you have about an 80% chance of death, 90% if its a muskatoon, most of the time you can doge and weave but they are standing still so they can just wait.. its just the face that they ride up to you, miss, run away and if you try and get close they back off and reload. If they would miss then fight with their swords like men.. :wink:

Nerfing the weakest class ingame because you find it annoying?

:neutral:

Treble said:

Treble, don't be a *****. If they're able to sit and wait while you dodge and weave, you're obviously dodging and weaving in the wrong direction.

Or, you could just, like, not miss your shot when you shoot at them. You've had your go and missed, now it's their turn.

Chosen1 said:
I've had it with the d*mned cavalry, dragoons especially. If you are playing infantry against a dragoon, there is no almost no counter. Their muskets do almost the same amount of damage and have nearly as much as accuracy when sitting still. All a dragoon has to do to get kills is to

1. Run up to infantry
2. Shoot
3. If miss, trot away safely, reload, and go back to 1
4. If hit, repeat over and over until your KDR is outstandingly high

And the patch that nerfed the bayonet and buffed the cav weps doesn't help either.

/rant

"LOLOLELELEL UMAD"

Lol, screw off.

i think u suck since cav is already weak since with a sword it is hard to kill someone with bionet....
and don't complain about it since bionets are op.
back of rifle is op.
art sword (short one) op

learnto life with it

Japan said:
If it is one dragon you can deal with him, but unless their is more then one then you should complain.One reloads while the other tries to shot.

That is why when I am a Hussar, I ignore those who are near me and go and ride down the Dragoons running to the nearest corner of the map.(helps cut down the delaying at the end of the rounds)  Majority of Dragoons that I have seen do not even know what a sword is let alone know how to use it.  The cowards just try to out run you even though you have the faster horse...

I wouldn't agree to the arguments that the dragoons are the weakest class in the game.  I find them rather effective and one of the better classes.(even though I do consider them cowards)  I would say the musketoon nerf did hurt the dragoons the most though.  All you would see were dragoon/musketoon combo as Russia before the patch and not to much after this last patch.

dion1195 said:
Chosen1 said:
I've had it with the d*mned cavalry, dragoons especially. If you are playing infantry against a dragoon, there is no almost no counter. Their muskets do almost the same amount of damage and have nearly as much as accuracy when sitting still. All a dragoon has to do to get kills is to

1. Run up to infantry
2. Shoot
3. If miss, trot away safely, reload, and go back to 1
4. If hit, repeat over and over until your KDR is outstandingly high

And the patch that nerfed the bayonet and buffed the cav weps doesn't help either.

/rant

"LOLOLELELEL UMAD"

Lol, screw off.

i think u suck since cav is already weak since with a sword it is hard to kill someone with bionet....
and don't complain about it since bionets are op.
back of rifle is op.
art sword (short one) op

learnto life with it

translation to english please

chosen, what I have learned is that the forums don't help, asking a simple questions gets you answers like "LOL YOU MUST SUCK" "STAB THEM" "SHOOT THEM" "HIDE BEHIND THE WALL" Like come on, some maps don't even any buildings, let alone a good wall to hide behind, and common things we obviously try. How do you hide on a map with barely any cover but bushes, spinning in circles against musketoons is rather hard and getting close to stab them is almost impossible, either they shoot you or run away.
Best I can offer you Chosen is jump around, spinning and twirling and flipping out like Sonic the Hedgehog having a seizure, against musketoons? Not much help there, sorry man.

-Xeroth

If you guys are so incredible at the game, and it IS in fact the game's fault, then explain how the rest of us get decent K/D ratios. I have never in my life played as a cavalry unit in public play, but I still don't have any problems either with getting a decent score, or dealing with dragoons. Therefore, you must be doing something wrong. Don't start *****ing now because we point out WHAT it is you're doing wrong. When you think about it, we're actually helping you.

Blobmania said:
If you guys are so incredible at the game, and it IS in fact the game's fault, then explain how the rest of us get decent K/D ratios. I have never in my life played as a cavalry unit in public play, but I still don't have any problems either with getting a decent score, or dealing with dragoons. Therefore, you must be doing something wrong. Don't start *****ing now because we point out WHAT it is you're doing wrong. When you think about it, we're actually helping you.
Totally agree. Cavalry has never been a problem for me. Just work on your skills before blaming it on the game.

Rigadoon said:
Blobmania said:
Totally agree. Cavalry has never been a problem for me. Just work on your skills before blaming it on the game.

Being able to deal with cavalry is your perspective, not his. Don't assume everyone sees it your way simply because YOU can handle them.
And you can be as skilled as possible, there is no way to skill your way over to the draGoon faster then everyone else, you can't chamber a barrage of bullets from a musketoon with your "skill".

Xeroth said:
Rigadoon said:
Blobmania said:

Being able to deal with cavalry is your perspective, not his. Don't assume everyone sees it your way simply because YOU can handle them.
And you can be as skilled as possible, there is no way to skill your way over to the draGoon faster then everyone else, you can't chamber a barrage of bullets from a musketoon with your "skill".

Seriously just spaz around enough(ridiculous I know) and you won't get hit.

Xeroth said:
Rigadoon said:
Blobmania said:

You're literally just ignoring everything that anyone else types, aren't you?

We've mentioned time and time again that we CAN deal with dragoons. We've even told you all how, but you're being so damn pessimistic that you won't even consider the fact that we might be right. Charge the **** towards them whilst dodging, or save your bullet and either threaten or shoot them with it. If you can't do either of those, then it's your own damn fault and you deserve to be killed.

Good day, sir.

- Blob

Thokan said:
Remove horsebackfiring, I've always said. And remove all the problems of the words, says I.

This would generate severe balance issues and ruin the dragoons as a class.

Talii said:
Thokan said:
Remove horsebackfiring, I've always said. And remove all the problems of the words, says I.

This would generate severe balance issues and ruin the dragoons as a class.
With few more buffs it could turn dragoons into mounted inf, get rid of hit-and-run delaying and make the game more pleasant.
Mounted ranged units were always ridiculously OP in Warband MP, although with this slow fire rate they're not dangerous but annoying.

Xeroth said:
How do you hide on a map with barely any cover but bushes, spinning in circles against musketoons is rather hard and getting close to stab them is almost impossible, either they shoot you or run away.
Best I can offer you Chosen is jump around, spinning and twirling and flipping out like Sonic the Hedgehog having a seizure, against musketoons? Not much help there, sorry man.

-Xeroth
Actually, spinning like ballerina protects around 9/10 dragoons shots (including musketoon shots). It looks retarded but works surprisingly well.
Also, staying in large groups turns dragoon attacks into suicides.

Back
Top Bottom