Dragoons are getting ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Thunderstormer said:
Thokan said:
dion1195 said:
Thunderstormer said:
Oposum said:
Line battles are not in question here, public play is.
Firing from horseback is borderline useless, almost without skill and quite annoying aspect of the game. Keeping it in the game will make dragoons stay weaklings they currently are instead of turning them into actually useful class. I bolded the bit of quote where I say that dragoons are weakest class in the game. Noone is arguing that dragoons are some overpowered class, they are underpowered. What people are saying that removing firing from horseback and giving dragoons dedicated cavalry role (instead of randomly running around trying to pointblank people, then run away to reload) would benefit the class, along making the game more enjoyable.
I support this^^.
I think you are al wenkers!!!
what am I suppost to do?? charge with a horse? into a bionet>? That 1 stab kills me!!!
Just stop wenking and shoot back!
This is so pointless al crying ppl here!!!!

Not sure if sarcasm or actually serious
I am not sure either.  I am going with sarcasm.
well It was serious....

GoblinOverlord said:
You can actually defeat an infantryman on horse from the front, this method works often (for me :mrgreen:):

1) Choose your victim.
2) Ride to the front if you don't have a choice.
3) Just before he stabs, turn a bit to the left/right, depending on where you're holding the ''slash stance''.
4) His bayonet should miss you, and you should be able to slash him in the face.
5) Like a sir hussar.

Hope this works. I'm not responsible for deaths and/or wounds, follow these steps on your own risk.

-GoblinOverlord.

This works a lot for me as well, it's pretty damn satisfying.

Ililsa said:
GoblinOverlord said:
You can actually defeat an infantryman on horse from the front, this method works often (for me :mrgreen:):

1) Choose your victim.
2) Ride to the front if you don't have a choice.
3) Just before he stabs, turn a bit to the left/right, depending on where you're holding the ''slash stance''.
4) His bayonet should miss you, and you should be able to slash him in the face.
5) Like a sir hussar.

Hope this works. I'm not responsible for deaths and/or wounds, follow these steps on your own risk.

-GoblinOverlord.

This works a lot for me as well, it's pretty damn satisfying.

Any good infantry man would just sit still, I always find it funny reloading the first time then pretending to go for a bayonete stab, let him pull back finish my reload and blow the horse from under him after pushing him back with another bayonete thrust.

That or just sit still with bayonete ready just waiting for the cav player to get too cocky and boop, on the floor and at my unmercifulness.

Kator Viridian said:
Any good infantry man would just sit still, I always find it funny reloading the first time then pretending to go for a bayonete stab, let him pull back finish my reload and blow the horse from under him after pushing him back with another bayonete thrust.

That or just sit still with bayonete ready just waiting for the cav player to get too cocky and boop, on the floor and at my unmercifulness.

It's not impossible to kill even a very good horseman with a bayonet without being amazing yourself. Once the backswing has sailed past, you have so many options to pick from that he can't block.

The most realistic kills horsemen get on aware line inf are when they're reloading the stab. There's a slight delay. That's when you bump-slash.

Pelgrane said:
Kator Viridian said:

It's not impossible to kill even a very good horseman with a bayonet without being amazing yourself. Once the backswing has sailed past, you have so many options to pick from that he can't block.

The most realistic kills horsemen get on aware line inf are when they're reloading the stab. There's a slight delay. That's when you bump-slash.

With the longer length on the sword now you'll find that trying to jab the rear after a swing before the cav player pulls away is so small that you do now have to be very well timed, you have to either avoid the swing or risk blocking and getting bump slashed ... which is now pretty much a gurenteed Hit where as previously you could use it as a scape goat.

The longer length on swords has signifcantly impacted infantry and turned cavalry from ambushing to full on offencive units, wether that is a good or bad thing is a matter of opinion.

But back onto dragoons, they like every unit has its ups and downs, to fight any type of cavlary I'd suggest a wall or solid object it pretty much acts as a deterant or nuisance to the cavalry player. Dodging a musket ball from a dragoon should be treated the same way as infantry ... keep moving and unpredictable, NEVER Zig Zag be random and spontaneous ... and never ever Jump ... your jsut asking for trouble.

Back
Top Bottom