Do people prefer Bannerlord over Warband?

Bannerlord or Warband - which do u play more.

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well I just finished my last campaign in Perisno before I bought BL last weekend, and so far it still needs a lot, but for me its Bannerlord, already in love with the death system and marriage/children system, also rip my family except my older brother :sad:

Well I just finished my last campaign in Perisno before I bought BL last weekend, and so far it still needs a lot, but for me its Bannerlord, already in love with the death system and marriage/children system, also rip my family except my older brother :sad:

You mean the the battle simulator with fancy graphics and a bunch of menu pages?

It is Warband just because for custom servers and mods but i cant play Warband anymore with this graphics and animations.

It is Warband just because for custom servers and mods but i cant play Warband anymore with this graphics and animations.

Right there with you :sad:

I'm definitely disappointed with Bannerlord, hopefully in a couple of years the modding community will be able to pick up the slack.

Warband is ugly but with a lot of content (mods like Viking Conquest, Gekokujo or POP)
my problem with the mods they are not complete.

Bannerlord looks better but it lacks mechanics and content that I already expected to be ready for its launch,
even though it was in EA...
Now I can't play Warband any more.

Is like have a beautiful girlfriend and thinking about go back to your ex (ugly but funny)
maybe you can try more to be in the relationship (but you feel like is a empty girlwho who needs more time to personal growth)
In the end I will be single and seeing the two at the same time, but without fully enjoy. lol

Warband is always going to be nostalgic lots of memories playing it but Bannerlord already surpasses Warband for me even with the mods and Bannerlord is still in development so plenty of time to grow

I went back to Warband (mods), much more enjoyable for me currently (as of 14th january 2021).
Eye candy alone just doesn't cut if for me.

To be honest it was the same with Warband. Checked it at release, and found that I enjoy M&B classic more, so I didn't bother with Warband for some time. Later, when Warband total conversion mods started to appear - and windows 10 made M&B classic difficult to run - I returned to Warband.
I never finished a native campaign in Warband, and I think I played the "Warband native" module maybe for 10-15 hours total. (I did conquer the map in Classic a few times)

There are some games where you simply have to wait a bit (a year or so) before valueing it seriously. I generally do the same with paradox interactive games too. (never buy upon release, wait for the first DLC. By that time most broken things are fixed)

I think it is fair with Taleworlds to return for a spot check when the game is not early access anymore.

To me, Warband graphics are good enough. But considering this is the game (into the breach) I consider my best buy in the last 4 years, it is not a surprise:
jTEaMDtWu7gXQDz5Wq7MLd-480-80.jpg

Last edited:
I never played Warband. When I look at playthroughs on Youtube it looks like FPS circa Medal of Honor Pacific Assault, or Rome I Total War era. I'm sure for some there are some rose tinted glasses and "I liked their old stuff better than their new stuff" going on, but I couldn't see myself going there.

Warband is not pretty, nobody is denying that. But I don't think it's fair to straight out say the game's ugly. It's more charming than bannerlords generic "we're a modern indie company making unity games" type design.

You didn't launch the game yet to be fair so seeing 500 bots moving in real time in maxed out graphics (literally everyone can run this game lagfree now). It's not aged that terribly.

I think that Warband is superior for now as I can connect with the world and immerse myself in it but in Bannerlord it is extremely barren and empty with nothing to do other than fighting, grinding and more fighting (trading is also there). I want Bannerlord to become a great game and look forward to that day.
yes,i can't agree more with you.But as I was told,when it comes to that feeling,these gamers in english language region always called it as the word "presence" to distinguish that situation they could easily focus on playing a video game.Taleworlds once said they do have language barrier and difficulty of communication even during their own daily work.This means they always misunderstand what those feedbacks of community tend to express.They may not realize bannerlord is an immersive game (as they told in devblog) with large scale battlefield,but can't connect gamers with this whole sandbox world.Everything of this land seems to have nothing to do with the people or hero in this game and the background story is almostly empty.Taleworlds should put more unnarrative storyline just like warband did to mention it by coinsidence,and the text they write should have more medieval flavor instead of something makes no sense,such as a wife bought easily from noble family or creepy dialogs things talking about a proposal to a lady. I think it doesn't matter wether to use warband lines,what is really matter is the fact bannerlord still cannot give us enough taste of medieval times.Many things happened too unnaturally without any introduction or text to explain how this world is working smoothly,becuase they are taken into consideration only for something to do with the aspect of new designs and revolutions compared to warband(which is something taleworlds eager to do).These new concept or system are wierd to warband and even many real stratege gamers due to terrible paperwork. I mean talewolds,even this is a game other than reality,you should at least write a paragraph of text to make these concept or features more reasonable.After all,a game is another world created by programmer but not only have program or code.I would not say bannerlord is sucks,but I cannot get the feeling that personally on the scene even with 800+ hours gameplay.I'm just playing this game outside a computer screen.This should be one reason why bannerlord is not good as warband and people dislike it.

Last edited:
I think at least from aesthetic, graphics style and general feelings I still love Warband old painting ish more. Buut cartoonish is globally comes with more 3D visualizations first as most games are I guess.

Warband with any good mod + the Bannerlord Engine (graphics / 1000 troop battles) > Bannerlord.

But I can´t really play Warband with those graphics and "small" battles anymore after playing Bannerlord. But Warband still is the better game in my opinion when it comes down to gameplay.
I was going to say the same thing.

There are tons of things about Bannerlord that are WAY BETTER than Warband. Graphics, the huge battle sizes, much better AI formation usages even if that part could still be improved. Bannerlord also did incorporate many of the better mods and features that modders used to make Warband so great as well.

What Bannerlord doesn't have going for it yet, is the massive Total Conversion Mods that make Warband amazing. Also the fact they are taking so long to release the game is actually causing harm because many of the modders have quit modding due to the frequent patches breaking their mods every time they are released. Nothing truly great from a modding perspective is going to happen until Taleworlds releases the full modding toolset and finalizes the game.

However, assuming Taleworlds releases sooner rather than later, the modders will come back to life and the game will improve by lightyears because you will be able to put together a complication of mods that radically alter the game (Like Floris did for Warband). Then a year or two down the road, the total conversions will roll out and we will be playing Lord of the Rings, Warhammer, Game of Thrones, The Witcher, The Crusades, The War of the Roses, the Hundred Years War, Shogun, Warhammer 40k, Various WWI and WWII settings, Napoleonic/Revolutionary War settings, The Zulu Wars, Star Wars, Starship Troopers, Rifts....well I could go on.

Without a doubt though, Bannerlord will surpass Warband. My only concern is how long they are taking to reach a released state. When the game first hit early access, there were dozens of new mods added daily. Now a year later, the fact that the game isn't released and being patched so frequently means many modders have just quit modding and have abandoned "fixing" their mods after every patch. I am a bit concerned that by deciding on an early access period and taking this long to release, that they have already lost much of the interest in modding this game and that it won't recover.

I've played WB a long time, and BL would have to improve upon what WB already did for me to like BL more. It doesn't. It adds a lot more moving parts that could theoretically be fully developed one day, but it's fixing what was never broke. Combat shouldn't feel like I'm playing an entirely different game. I can't chamber worth a damn in BL, yet just yesterday I came back to WB after a year, and everything felt natural.

It's hard to explain what it is about BL's combat that I find so weird. It seems inconsistent for one. Attack the same enemies with the same weapons in the same ways over and over, and the results will vary. I'll ride at breakneck speeds to attack an enemy from behind, it's like the momentum isn't calculated, yet gently cantering over to someone and hitting them from the front will nuke them. Hitboxes are borked too; I never had an issue with using swords on horseback in WB, but in BL, I swear a third of the blade length might as well not be there. I whiff attacks that look like the should be hitting near the blade's tip, and I'll whiff attacks that seem right at the belly of the blade as though my sword were passing right over the enemy's head. The only reliable method is being right beside them. Again, I started WB again yesterday, and I had no trouble attacking on horseback with a falchion. Something has to be off.

Bannerlord is by far much better game. It is true that warband has some features that BL does not but WB also lack some compared to BL. But that is today.

But, if you want to compare WB in 2010 when you did not had anything similar and BL in 2020 then BL is just a bleak copy of WB.

Changing my vote to Bannerlord cuz it's actually playable as of 1.5.7

With that said, I feel like TaleWorlds should borrow a few things from the Fighting Game genre to help make combat less frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom