Do people prefer Bannerlord over Warband?

Bannerlord or Warband - which do u play more.

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

HumanCancer

Banned
I see there are still people playing this game at its current shape, when Warband with mods like POP,Bannerpage n others is a thing. Got me wondering if my statement above is correct.

Warband with any good mod + the Bannerlord Engine (graphics / 1000 troop battles) > Bannerlord.

But I can´t really play Warband with those graphics and "small" battles anymore after playing Bannerlord. But Warband still is the better game in my opinion when it comes down to gameplay.

Last edited:
According to Steamcharts:

Bannerlord 9,405.8 average concurrent players.

Warband 4,270.5 average concurrent players.

Not everyone plays via steam though. I would guess the difference will be much higher when Bannerlord gets released and much much higher once the first total conversions are finished.

BL for sure, I played Warband for 1700 hours. I was literally addicted to it... then bannerlord came out and "MERASMUS" I can't play Warband right now. It feels so dull, so ugly (insert some bad words here)

Though, ofc I'm talking about singleplayer. I automatically open Warband if I want to play multiplayer.

Warband with any good mod + the Bannerlord Engine (graphics / 1000 troop battles) > Bannerlord.

But I can´t really play Warband with those graphics and "small" battles anymore after playing Bannerlord. But Warband still is the better game in my opinion when it comes down to gameplay.
^ same here

BL for sure, I played Warband for 1700 hours. I was literally addicted to it... then bannerlord came out and "MERASMUS" I can't play Warband right now. It feels so dull, so ugly (insert some bad words here)

Though, ofc I'm talking about singleplayer. I automatically open Warband if I want to play multiplayer.
This is what I mean when I picked BL

Yeah, me too.

I dont even have Bannerlord installed in months but i know i will prefer it over Warband once its established as full release in terms of single player campaign. Warband MP still reigns supreme for pure combat though as well as Warbands mods easily surpassing BL in terms of interesting fleshed out gameplay

bannerlord for graphics, but I feel that Warband still has more to offer being 10 years older and have no problem starting a game right now, also because it's in good shape and don't have to worry about bugs or crashes and a team that refuses to talk about it. But just look for a great modder to solve issues, I love Floris mod

Bannerlord is currently a better game overall IMO, but I miss Warband features, and Warband feels more immersive. I suppose that once aging&death system gets properly balanced, snowballing gets fixed, rebellions, clan directives and dialogs&relationship with lords get improved, Bannerlord will be awesome. I really love the new Bannerlord features on paper (aging&dead my favorite one by far), but these new features are currently not well implemented, which turn Bannerlord just in a game with better graphics and better battles compared to Warband, but less immersive and with less features.

Some examples about bad implemented features:

- Aging and Death, a great new feature totally wasted because lategame is a mess and we usually start a new campaign before being able to play as our sons.
- Clans are nice but we have zero control over them, so clan members just do not bring anything to the table.
- Smithing is totally unbalanced and broken since release.
- Crime system is totally missed.

Last edited:
I still play PoP because it's just better in term of content, at first the graphics and the outdated inventory (which is quite tiring) can be off putting, but PoP lets you fast capture/recruit troops so that isnt missing thankfully. I'm currently in late game and I still don't fill like leaving the game and starting all over, so I guess that is a win over Bannerlord.

In conclusion, we've all played Warband for he years now, it's quite obvious not all of us will go back to a game we've played for so, so much time, and well the eye candy and improvements in Bannrlord is undeniable, but I think that Warband, being this old, and given how much people has played it already, it still has the crown (Thanks to mods).

Bannerlord 9,405.8 average concurrent players.

Warband 4,270.5 average concurrent players.
Considering at least half the players can't afford to play Bannerlord (because of how much it costs and because you need a new computer to play it) it still a lot of people choosing Warband.

Warband is better overall when you factor in available mods, but when it comes to base games, Bannerlord wins by a landslide, even in it's incomplete state.

The mod support is really the main thing Warband has going for it. And the main reason Bannerlord's mods are falling short is because the game isn't finished yet, and thus modders occasionally run into problems. I think it's safe to say that once Bannerlord is finished, and thus modders have free reign, it will be the unquestionably better game.

Back
Top Bottom