Do devs here communicate whatsoever with us????

Users who are viewing this thread

I have contacted the community manager, forums here, steam forums and blasted on social media, yet I get absolutely NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT about an issue many are having. What's going on????

No "Thanks for the report"
No "We're looking into it"
No nothing, absolute slience.

Wasn't communication paramount in our gaming community?

Can confirm that on the first person bug where you can see your head the cm answerd us and the devs are looking into it. Took around a week for a reply I think. So they are working on things but as there are so many threads they need time or prioritize I think.

Don't worry im talking to you bud.

Also I might have missed some of the replies of the devs but I look at a lot of threads, and I haven't encountered any. Maybe Im just unlucky that's a possibility but i don't think that.
they were more active a few weeks ago

Bugs like the Formation saving bug should have been a quick fix so the fact they havent gotten to it means they are understaffed. Use some of them Tourney winnings TW -hire some emergency code cleaneruppers!

I am sure they could hire some more people for a very good price due in part to the pandemic. In fact there has been many people laid off globally that need the money. It would help TW and those who are in need.

Last time when I saw a dev respont or communicate with players was mexxico's caravan thread (which was amazing in terms of communication btw). After that I have never seen a dev post anything. This was ok before EA but now this is not just a project of a studio, this is a product and we are customers, and with all my respect, i think we deserve communication and hopefully a roadmap of sorts (SP Top Feedback & Suggestions does an okay job being a road map tho it can improve). Not just because to prove your interest in our feedbacks(im pretty sure you are caring about feedback) but also to guide our feedback, to let us know which topics are being worked on, which topics devs don't have a plan to change and which topics are still controversial for them. This will greatly increase efficiency of the feedback we give to you and encourage us to give more.
Mexxico also responded to a thread in which he explained that they improved lord party recruitment to have less ****ty troops in them.
In my opinion, having a Roadmap help anything. If we get the features they would have promised us with a Roadmap, we would have gotten them anyway. But if we don't get the features by the time they promised, it's gonna create a backlash and damage their reputation.
A Roadmap is therefore creating pressure where it isn't needed, as everybody can clearly agree that taleworlds are working on the game constantly pumping out patches.

Mexxico also responded to a thread in which he explained that they improved lord party recruitment to have less ****ty troops in them.
In my opinion, having a Roadmap help anything. If we get the features they would have promised us with a Roadmap, we would have gotten them anyway. But if we don't get the features by the time they promised, it's gonna create a backlash and damage their reputation.
A Roadmap is therefore creating pressure where it isn't needed, as everybody can clearly agree that taleworlds are working on the game constantly pumping out patches.

It would be nice if they showed what they are planning to do in the future though. I don't think we necessarily need a detailed plan with milestones and strict deadlines, having at least a vague idea of what direction they are going to would be nice and I think it would help us provide feedback (it would let us know what part of the game they consider "finished", if any, just to make an example).

It would be nice if they showed what they are planning to do in the future though. I don't think we necessarily need a detailed plan with milestones and strict deadlines, having at least a vague idea of what direction they are going to would be nice and I think it would help us provide feedback (it would let us know what part of the game they consider "finished", if any, just to make an example).
Well does any other company actually do that? I know it would be nice but is there anyone that does that?

First, the OP is a selfish ninny, and showing entitlement and confusion as if he is one of a hundred people playing and not reporting versus one of a million.

Second: I agree roadmap with deadlines would be a catastrophically bad idea, partly due to how snotty gamers are in regards to things such as EA models these days. I also agree that having a “Things to be implemented” list without a timeline would be a good idea, in addition to an up to date “known issues” thread. The “known issues“ list is a mixed blessing though since it could result in misweighted reporting with some not reporting issues since they see the list and others experiencing a rare issue on the list and wondering why it’s been 4 patches with no answer.

In the end though, TaleWorlds has shown to be attentive with the game, have their “debug Beta” plan in full motion, and have had no lack of updates.

it would take them longer to do what needs to be done if they communicated in the way too many “why hasn’t she texted me!?! It’s been 5 minutes!?” Modern Morons demand

Well does any other company actually do that? I know it would be nice but is there anyone that does that?

It really isn't uncommon for Early Access titles.

Just two examples from a quick google search. As I said, it doesn't have to be super formal, a simple forum post outlining their plan for the future would suffice as far as I am concerned.

When I say that it would be nice, I mean to say that it would be good for the development of the game. Which I think is what we all want, devs or players.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, the OP is a selfish ninny, and showing entitlement and confusion as if he is one of a hundred people playing and not reporting versus one of a million.

Second: I agree roadmap with deadlines would be a catastrophically bad idea, partly due to how snotty gamers are in regards to things such as EA models these days. I also agree that having a “Things to be implemented” list without a timeline would be a good idea, in addition to an up to date “known issues” thread. The “known issues“ list is a mixed blessing though since it could result in misweighted reporting with some not reporting issues since they see the list and others experiencing a rare issue on the list and wondering why it’s been 4 patches with no answer.

In the end though, TaleWorlds has shown to be attentive with the game, have their “debug Beta” plan in full motion, and have had no lack of updates.

it would take them longer to do what needs to be done if they communicated in the way too many “why hasn’t she texted me!?! It’s been 5 minutes!?” Modern Morons demand
What you don't understand is that game development companies have community managers, associates and community support people. It's analogous to any other product selling service. Devs are devs and they're not to blame if they don't participate in the threads, but response from community support people whose job is actually to discuss stuff with the playerbase was rather scarce.

It really isn't uncommon for Early Access titles.

Just two examples from a quick google search. As I said, it doesn't have to be super formal, a simple forum post outlining their plan for the future would suffice as far as I am concerned.

When I say that it would be nice, I mean to say that it would be good for the development of the game. Which I think is what we all want, devs or players.
Yeah that looks awesome, but never seen it before, maybe its also a bit harder in these times, but of course it should be possible to do it

+1

You need to chill. You come on here asking for help with an issue ( something many have due to it being an EA) and then when people chime in you are rude af. That's a fast way to get ignored lol.

Back
Top Bottom