Do companions leave forever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Zosete

Regular
Hi everyone.
Awesome mod, in the first place.

It's been a good while since some companions left my party disgruntled, but they never show in the traveller reports.
On the other side, when I fired someone temporarily, the traveller told me where to find her almost inmediately.
Also, that "disable companions leaving" mod-specifical option is making me afraid. Do you lose them forever in Gekokujo?

Thanks

In Native Warband I've had a disgruntled companion leave and be gone for at least three months.  I had given up on asking after her, and then I met her in a tavern.

I think that when companions are dismissed, they go to a tavern on the first 'reshuffle' day.  When they quit, they seem to be gone for a much longer period, and it makes sense: one goes off to check his dojo, another time travels, etc...

I have seen posts by people saying that their companions had been gone for really long periods, and then they came back.  I'd be moderately hopeful, in your shoes.

My advice is to disable companions leaving and be done with it. You can always RP the conflicts by dismissing people.

Or you can just print the companion wheel and check it whenever you find a new one. It´s possible to have 17 companions with no conflict whatsoever (you´ll need 10 points in Leadership to keep the forts though).

EDIT: It´s 17, my bad.

Articulo34 said:
Or you can just print the companion wheel and check it whenever you find a new one. It´s possible to have 17 companions with no conflict whatsoever (you´ll need 10 points in Leadership to keep the forts though).

EDIT: It´s 17, my bad.

What do you mean 'keep the forts'?

You can only possess a  limited number of "neutral forts" (like mii-dera), and that number depends on your Leadership. If you capture one without enough leadership, idk what happens but I'd guess maybe you have to raze it instead of having a choice ?

Wendek said:
You can only possess a  limited number of "neutral forts" (like mii-dera), and that number depends on your Leadership. If you capture one without enough leadership, idk what happens but I'd guess maybe you have to raze it instead of having a choice ?
That you do. Basically the game automatically raises it for you. And just to supplement your info, the requirement is 2 leadership points per fort, excluding the 1st one you take which is free.

Back
Top Bottom