Do any Beta players play Captain mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Zarthas

Knight at Arms
There's a ton of bugs that make it into Captain mode when the Beta branch merges with the production branch.

For example, the latest production release has an "Improved Armor" perk bug: Where before 50% of your troops were equipped with the improved armor, your unit now has a 50% chance to have the armor for every troop, and a 50% chance to have the armor for no troops when you spawn. This is a pretty big deal and immediately obvious.

Usually, it is because something is not obvious in Skirmish mode that it squeaks by.

Like it seems cool to have Brigands and other skirmishers have a Ash Throwing spear in addition to their other thrown weapons. But you have no control over when he throws that spear, and unlike the Spear perk the Brigands had before you will lose your advantage vs cavalry if you let your Skirmishers skirmish. Now you have to decide if you will hold fire the entire game to deal with cav, making your javelins just ornamental, or let the AI randomly choose which weapon to throw when you exchange missiles.

The issue with the formations speed should've been a one-game decision as well, that will never be good.

I'm not so much complaining (but I am though) as suggesting that we shift the Beta/Bannerlord's obsession with Skirmish mode to include more Captain players in the Beta.

I've checked a number of times in the last month or 2 since they brought mp to the beta branch again but it seems that almost no one plays it.

Not really much of a reason to anyways considering there is no point in trying to give TW feedback on MP. The plan has and always will be for them to butcher their own game through intentional design choices and an inability to fix issues that make the game near unplayable.

No point in trying out the Beta, when you can't find any games. The population is barely big enough to play the released version, so getting people to download and migrate to beta is asking a bit much.

For example, the latest production release has an "Improved Armor" perk bug: Where before 50% of your troops were equipped with the improved armor, your unit now has a 50% chance to have the armor for every troop, and a 50% chance to have the armor for no troops when you spawn. This is a pretty big deal and immediately obvious.
How can you be sure that they didn't get improved armor? TW might have made it so that all troops don't look the same but have the same armor value.
I'm not so much complaining (but I am though) as suggesting that we shift the Beta/Bannerlord's obsession with Skirmish mode to include more Captain players in the Beta.
The Beta branch servers for multiplayer are only open for a limited time. At most one week. I know last time some captain clans got some games in on the beta for 1.5.5. I wasn't there so I'm not sure if they realized the bugs and slow formations. TW should make a clear organized time for everyone to get on the beta so that there is multiple games running. I also suggest to have the Beta servers in only one region so that all the players get funneled there and aren't spread out not able to find a match.

But that is exactly what happened. TW announced that the servers would be open the weekend of release and now you are complaining it wasn't organized and you didn't report bugs?

The devs listened to the feedback skirm players gave after a couple of matches.

Yes captain might be buggy and that is TW fault indeed but don't complain you didn't get to play lol

You just need 6 friends to play a match, in skirm we had a fair amount of concurrent matches a few times.

But that is exactly what happened. TW announced that the servers would be open the weekend of release and now you are complaining it wasn't organized and you didn't report bugs?

The devs listened to the feedback skirm players gave after a couple of matches.

Yes captain might be buggy and that is TW fault indeed but don't complain you didn't get to play lol

You just need 6 friends to play a match, in skirm we had a fair amount of concurrent matches a few times.
You need to realize that the enthusiasm for captain mode has almost completely died after the launch of 1.5. There is very few active players who are organized enough to achieve this. I know of one group of 6 who went for it, but it still took forever for a 3v3 to be made, since there was literally no one else playing the beta.

How can you be sure that they didn't get improved armor? TW might have made it so that all troops don't look the same but have the same armor value.
I suppose that is possible, but either way, there is a 50% chance that all of your troops "appear" to have the improved armor, and a 50% chance that none of them "appear" to have the improved armor. I don't have any way to prove it one way or the other, but anecdotally, the ones who "appear" to be unarmored do seem to die faster.
Either way, it is inconsistent, and either a bizarre feature or a bug.

Good info on Beta matchmaking, I'm not actually part of it, good to have some insight.

The beta branch is a total waste of time as it currently stands.

If they really want **** to get tested stop wasting people's time with having to queue for a matchmaking and just give them captain mode in a custom server that people can join at will to test things.

Same with skirmish, unless your in a large clan to organise a time to test it together it's a waste of time as a solo player.

Back
Top Bottom