Dismounting Horses should give Score

Users who are viewing this thread

Jufasto

Sergeant at Arms
Well, it would motivate infantry players to shoot horses with their throwings or atleast set a trap for cavalries before/during teamfight. While playing normal skirmish or pickups, no one cares about enemy cavalries. When i am waiting for enemy cavalries to dismount them with my throwings or spear and succeding to dismount them I gain 0 score. Dismounting heavy cavalry horses should give 125 score, assisting for dismount should give 50/75. Dismounting light horse should give 100, assisting dismounting horse should give 50 score. So finally, maybe players start focussing enemy horses :grin:

The score system has many flaws and improvements.
A complete rework is needed: Score should display all damage dealt multiplied with class cost. and then you could also count damage to mounted horse multiplied by troop cost multiplied by 0.1

It is so fun dealing 5 x 34 dmg shots to different target with shortbow. Main reason I went from fast arrow bow to strong bow for light archers.

Damage dealt would be less useful than score. (Not that score doesn't have problems.)

Doing 50 damage to a 90g peasant is worth less than doing 50 damage to a 190g knight.

Damage dealt would be less useful than score. (Not that score doesn't have problems.)

Doing 50 damage to a 90g peasant is worth less than doing 50 damage to a 190g knight.
But you could simply multiply the dealt damage with the class cost. right now you just get the class cost on lasthit

But you could simply multiply the dealt damage with the class cost. right now you just get the class cost on lasthit
Yes I agree, a relationship between the two would be best.

Kills and assists are very inconsistent due to last hits. If this game had healing, last hits would be an important factor, but it doesn't. Like you said, damage scaled on class value is the best way to calculate score. And then add some other stuff like flags and horse dismounts.

No, horses should not count to total damage or score. A horse is not a player, anyone can loot horses. Next thing you'll suggest is that shield damage should count to score as well.
Horse damage worked fine with Neo GK, you can always tell when someone is abusing horses, catapults etc for massive damage. If anything it helps point out the players that focus on support and utility rather than straight K/D.

Couple of things
- points for caping flag (also indicator showing 1ur on point 2 how much time left for cap)
- points for dismount (class cost divided by 2 or something)
- better assist score
- damage delt multiplied by class cost as score
- fix the game

If some infantry players just want to pad their stats and killhawk instead of working toward the goal of ultimate victory then that's on them. Making horse damage/kills count for scoring won't change that.

I actually prefer that many of the contributions made toward helping the team win are intangibles (i.e. stacking cav, killing horses, warding off cav with a spear, pushing an archer, keeping fidelity in group fights, etc.) and not counted toward overall score. It shows you who's a team player and who's not.

If some infantry players just want to pad their stats and killhawk instead of working toward the goal of ultimate victory then that's on them. Making horse damage/kills count for scoring won't change that.

I actually prefer that many of the contributions made toward helping the team win are intangibles (i.e. stacking cav, killing horses, warding off cav with a spear, pushing an archer, keeping fidelity in group fights, etc.) and not counted toward overall score. It shows you who's a team player and who's not.
by score OP means not only points in scoreboard but also gold system which is... far from good

+1, the entire score system needs extensive overhaul for Captain especially.
The scoring system exists to teach new players how to play the game. It is literally a numerical evaluation of how well you are playing. The fact that it is completely out of touch with how the game is actually played successfully is a problem.

I totally support that ,really nice suggestion.If a dismounted horse can kill you you must kill him back :grin:

Back
Top Bottom