Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I can't see any benefits of marrying princess - pain in the ass when you want fiest or need to talk and hard to rebel
The big benefits is she comes with a garrison full of troops and prisoners therefore you can reinforce her city while also using her army when needed, it's so good I feel guilty about using it. (But I always do use it). When you are really ready to rebel you need to empty her city garrison of elite troops so it's easy to conquer. That feast thing is a real pain though, that's why I give her castles near Galwe. (my once and always capital city).

Seriously though next run Macv--Hakk--or--Tolranian, no princess, lots of threats. Do the Hakkons even have any women lol. -or- Maybe you should try rogue king where you don't join a faction at all and just jump a city/castle.

The big benefits is she comes with a garrison full of troops and prisoners therefore you can reinforce her city while also using her army when needed, it's so good I feel guilty about using it. (But I always do use it). When you are really ready to rebel you need to empty her city garrison of elite troops so it's easy to conquer. That feast thing is a real pain though, that's why I give her castles near Galwe. (my once and always capital city).

Seriously though next run Macv--Hakk--or--Tolranian, no princess, lots of threats. Do the Hakkons even have any women lol. -or- Maybe you should try rogue king where you don't join a faction at all and just jump a city/castle.
well, if you play as a woman, you can marry any (nearly) lord for the same sake...

but that give some suggestion about 'former ruler' - what if he give you a quest (after beat him or not) to find a ruined castle (imo, best spot is north-east from Voldeberg), then you need to find it and come back with, let's say 5 tools and 5 wood (and some money like 5k - 10k) to make castle rebuild in 2-3 weeks...
...with limited garrison to 250-300, fill up by player only
could be a good start for mid-game stage for those, who don't want princesses :grin:

well, if you play as a woman, you can marry any (nearly) lord for the same sake...
I've had my share of female characters but usually in fps because I'm not a huge fan of man-ass, but I don't think I could marry a man in a game. Although the castle idea is OK, I don't think it would be overly difficult to take a castle near-just-after the Zann invasion if you have been properly grinding, PoP has a 100 max garrison rebuild-a-castle quest and it sucks, just wait for a good opportunity and something will appear. But I don't think it would hurt to hang out with a faction for a while, just not a strong faction (Drahara), or a boring faction (Falcon) and of course not the Princess factions. :grin:

Is it possible to make heroes judge weapons in autoequip like custom mercs do? not just highest dmg number but attention to damage type and others

the cost of plundering a city is ridiculous. -50 reknown? why? -20 relations to the city, that's too steep, -honor -- I don't know how much because I rage quit before I figured it out but it's prolly also too high (some honor loss is actually justified). trade all that for a few hundred coins and +1 relations to certain types of nobles.. not worth it at all. on top of this I suspect it lowers the cities richness. level, meaning combined with the negative relations that there is never ever any reason to ever plunder a city. It's overkill to the extreme, might as well not be an option, because it's not really

Last edited:
the cost of plundering a city is ridiculous. -50 reknown? why? -20 relations to the city, that's too steep, -honor -- I don't know how much because I rage quit before I figured it out but it's prolly also too high (some honor loss is actually justified). trade all that for a few hundred coins and +1 relations to certain types of nobles.. not worth it at all. on top of this I suspect it lowers the cities richness. level, meaning combined with the negative relations that there is never ever any reason to ever plunder a city. It's overkill to the extreme, might as well not be an option, because it's not really

Well,

not only that but losing renown/honour for attacking enemy caravans is also annoying. You should loose some relation with commoners/caravan owner for attacking a caravan but not anything else.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Well,

not only that but losing renown/honour for attacking enemy caravans is also annoying. You should loose some relation with commoners/caravan owner for attacking a caravan but not anything else.

Rgds, Oldtimer
yes, losing reknown for "shady" acts is silly, that is why honor and reknown are seperate figures!
plus-- read the ART OF WAR -- cutting off the supply line of the enemy = win the war (not dishonorable)

Peace is killing us.

Karnoth garrison day 1: 669, day 106: 366.

Hornogoth garrison day 1: 369, day 106 226.

Country at peace all the time, Zann invasion day 40. This decrease of garrison strength for to me no apparent reason is VERY bad for gameplay.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Here I my suggestions, sorry if some of them have been already mentioned:
1) if you choose church of faith as your religion, add option to recruit few templars of faith at your priest, or some troop that would upgrade into them, it could require lot of positive relation with the church
2) after your kingdom reaches certain size (number of fiefs and/or lords), make remaining kingdoms gang up on you, because as it is now, the endgame is really easy and boring, you just steamroll and the ai can't fight back properly, also they can't have more than one army, so having multiple opponents would help in this regard. Of course I can declare war myself but I like to roleplay and it isn't strategical think to do so why would my character do it (apart from the relationship penalty for declaring wars unprovoked)

Edit: In my current gameplay, since I'd become a king, I didn't experience ANY SINGLE SIEGE DEFENCE! The RotF (sic!!!) had their land plus Kaikoth land plus Hakkon land and I conquered it all in two or three weeks without any active resistance. They weren't able to put up an army till they were down to Karnoth and few castles nearby. Only pain in the ass was the siege of FH, but that was it. When I started my kingdom, I did it in Sut. I had only Sut and the castle nearby and only Aracanus as my lord and looked forward to nice siege defences. Instead, I took Reich and part of Maccavia. Sure, the Reich was fighting the Valahir and Maccavia, but two lords shouldn't be able to conquer entire Reich. Ofc, I recruited more lords on the run, but still.

What I am trying to say is that AI is extremely bad strategic-wise. I would welcome some tweaks that would make ai prioritize attacking the player.

Second edit: I didn't use any cheats or character manipulation, I didn't even use a bow (had crossbow), I just had a good leadership and persuasion skills

Last edited:
one more, though unlikely to happen, I still feel the urge to write it :smile: The Grazir quest is anticlimatic, their army is formidable, but still well manageable and their shrine...well, it's great for people who love soloing, but: it favors some character builds while it's impossible to beat with different ones, and, most of all, it doesn't make any sense for the king of whole freaking Perisno to invade the nest of the worst beings on the continent alone, and even more nonsensical for those creatures to let him go if they beat him, so my suggestion for more epic finale:

1) either raise the renown requirement back to 10 000 or make it happen once all other factions have been eliminated or after a reasonable amount of in game time
2) at that moment, turn Grazir shrine into new Zann fort, i.e. center of new faction, give them ability to take castles and towns and spawn them thousand men armies (mostly composed of ghouls, worshippers and priests, but also lot of those insane units)
3) make them invade all the land, spread like a cancer throughout all of Perisno
4) watch players fight a new Battle of Enlightement

My point is, there is no real challenge for a player once you are king with a decent sized kingdom, because the ai is very bad at campaigning and strategic thinking. The late game is challenging only if the player imposes limitations on himself, like player not being marshall, having only companions as lords, declaring war on multiple factions at once etc. Since there is probably no way, how to improve ai strategically, only way to provide a challenge is a massive invasion of sorts. And the Zann don't provide that, because: At default, they come too early for the player to be a king of his own kingdom; if you set the date later, they still suck because they are the worst siegers ever, they can neither conquer nor defend castle when the player participates in the battle, their only strenght is autocalc (OP Grazir troops would be much worthier opponents)

My suggestion would also provide a ton of possible epic "last stand scenarios" (if the trigger of the event was date or renown, not elimination, imagine for example joining RotF and then defending Fountain Hall, the last place of light and hope on the continent, against 15000 demon worshippers...)

You are talented enough to defeat quarelling lords and kings and conquer weakened Perisno, but only if you defeat much worse foes, a threat to life itself and bring a new dawn to Perisno, only then you are worthy to keep your kingdom...

Last edited:
With regards to the Diplomacy mod, are everyone getting negative interest in Vinica or is the town random for each gameplay, or does it occur occasionally? Also preparing more land negated the interest generation for me. Is this a normal thing?

With regards to the Diplomacy mod, are everyone getting negative interest in Vinica or is the town random for each gameplay, or does it occur occasionally? Also preparing more land negated the interest generation for me. Is this a normal thing?

It's quite an old mechanic and it's been discussed here already. Income from land is dependent on population (linked to prosperity). If you:
1)develop more land than the maximum population of the town(amounting to 50 acres max IIRC) or
2)the economy shrinks drastically and you had the maximum land plots
This means your upkeep is higher than the profit from the land.

I'm going to guess you developed more land beyond the maximum.

A player can observe the various amounts of acres developed, population, the levels of rent, upkeep, costs of buying/developing land. The max-prosperity towns (very rich status) top off at a rounded size of population (can't remember number), which always leads to the above mentioned 50 acres limit.

A general rule of thumb is never to develop land, just buy up what's already there. The only purpose is if developing it now makes it cheaper than buying it when the town is prosperous, but I haven't cared to look for- or analyze the trade-off. I suspect it's minimal, unless the town's prosperity can be significantly boosted for a short amount of time.

Free tip for anyone not digging in gameplay mechanics and patch-logs: set your taxes to accumulate in fiefs to avoid suffering tax inefficiency for said fiefs.

Hello, i want to ask... i made for myself 4 new races with new woman faces, it's just for myself. Then i used morgh's editor to add new faces to npc. I checked good, and i made it with any other mods. But my new races, as i see in game editor, not implemented. So i did something wrong or it's just a Perisno limit?

There are the much of work to do it as the Perisno, but the beginning the same - you have to collect taxes for the village and make your game on the other side.

Hi!

After a longer play most kingdoms are destroyed so it gets boring. I have an idea to remedy that and also add some flavour to the games diplomacy.

In this mod there is a chance that exiled lords will return from exile right? What if also Kings could do the same? Thats how i would do that...

-We ask our minister to send a letter to the exiled king where we either give him lands from our territory or send him money for the army that will help him take his home back. In case that we give him a fief from our territory we would call him a vasal but for game it would be just an alliance or a trade agreement or a ceas-fire, whatever you know what i mean..

-There is a random chance that king will decide to return after he found the funds for his army and then he will besiege some random fief and if he manage to take it he will proclaim his kingdom.

-There is a random chance that the rebels will spawn on the map and besiege random fief and then proclaim a kingdom for a random exiled king.

-Im pretty sure that there is a mechanic in the game because ive already seen it in some mods where a certain fief hate player or ai rulers of theirs and they rebell and proclaim themselves as a part of one of the previously destroyed kingdoms.

This would not only mitigate the problems with not having anyone to fight anymore but also would add some more diplopatic options for player rulers or maybe even ai rulers and also it would add some flavour to the overall gameplay. Also i believe that it should be possible to do fairly easy considering that in this game we can achieve many things going around the engine limitations. For example in Perisno we can marry princesses even tho its impossible in the main game. We can also send assassins after enemy lord etc.

Last edited:
A player can observe the various amounts of acres developed, population, the levels of rent, upkeep, costs of buying/developing land. The max-prosperity towns (very rich status) top off at a rounded size of population (can't remember number), which always leads to the above mentioned 50 acres limit.

A general rule of thumb is never to develop land, just buy up what's already there. The only purpose is if developing it now makes it cheaper than buying it when the town is prosperous, but I haven't cared to look for- or analyze the trade-off. I suspect it's minimal, unless the town's prosperity can be significantly boosted for a short amount of time.

Free tip for anyone not digging in gameplay mechanics and patch-logs: set your taxes to accumulate in fiefs to avoid suffering tax inefficiency for said fiefs.
From what i know it is possible to have 100 acres in towns controlled by you and you wont lose money by that.

Right and i would add more loot from plundering. Lets say that you decide to plunder a Town then the plundered money should be about 50-100 k and an armor of some high quality maybe a horse or weapon etc. So we would really could consider plundering as a better option that just taking it for ourselves. Also i dont understand why we are losing renown by that, one would think that after destroying Paris or Moscow as a general of an invading army you would get even more renown right? I think that this part of the mod should be chanded because as it is this option sadly stays unused...

Back
Top Bottom