Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the hard mode should be reworked. Loosing skill points upon being knocked unconsious is rather frustrating than challenging. If you want to punish players for falling in battle there is a better way of doing that - like removing experience gained through that battle or making the character unable to use weapons effectively for the next x hours (on the world map) after being knocked unconsious.

I also have an idea to prevent retreating from battles (I don't do it myself but many people abuse that mechanic). I'm not sure if battle buffs (increased damage or hp) could work on warband engine, but here is what I came up with: generally speaking, each enemy killed or knocked unconsious during the battle increases damage and hp of his allies for the next "round" by x% (2 - 3% would be resonable). Player could only get rid of that stacking buff by finishing the battle, no matter if its won or lost. If that's not possible, retreating could simply... cancel progres of the battle. I think one of those solutions could be implemented to hard mode.

Savigo said:
I think the hard mode should be reworked. Loosing skill points upon being knocked unconsious is rather frustrating than challenging. If you want to punish players for falling in battle there is a better way of doing that - like removing experience gained through that battle or making the character unable to use weapons effectively for the next x hours (on the world map) after being knocked unconsious.

I also have an idea to prevent retreating from battles (I don't do it myself but many people abuse that mechanic). I'm not sure if battle buffs (increased damage or hp) could work on warband engine, but here is what I came up with: generally speaking, each enemy killed or knocked unconsious during the battle increases damage and hp of his allies for the next "round" by x% (2 - 3% would be resonable). Player could only get rid of that stacking buff by finishing the battle, no matter if its won or lost. If that's not possible, retreating could simply... cancel progres of the battle. I think one of those solutions could be implemented to hard mode.

An easier solution could be soldiers deserting. If the battle is going to bad that the players needs to retreat, a skill check of player tactics/advantage vs the enemies would determine how many soldiers fled opposite of the fighting force, abandoning the players party. Harsher reputation lose would also make players think twice, such as honor lost for retreating, or relation lost when defeated in battles the player chooses.

Speaking of poor rewards I think the Legion quest should be reworked a little. Whenever I start a new game I feel forced into playing human, because if I don't then that leaves me unable to play the entire game. Perhaps at a certain renown the Legion could seek out the player for help instead of you having to run for 5 minutes to find the quest giver inside of the fort?

Would also love some quests that allow you to interact more with the minor factions like Ankars, Volheere, Eagle and Wolf Knights, etc. Something like the New Gods/Old gods advisors in Maccan would be really cool. I love some of their units and really want to recruit them but with the reworks to relationships it becomes basically impossible without sinking huge amounts of time into hoping for random chance encounters that you can take advantage of.

If possible it would be great if the Zann could also attack Drahara, kind of sick of having Drahara be much stronger then every other faction consistently because they don't face the pressure of the Zann.

davidm27 said:
Speaking of poor rewards I think the Legion quest should be reworked a little.
Did you really use "Legion quest" and "poor rewards" in the same sentence?  :smile:

Also other races can access TTL fort too, they just need to be friends with TTL.

Ah, I was unaware you could just befriend them. Still wish there was an easier way to make friends than hope they get into a fight and join their side, when usually you are scaring them away from fights.

Thanks Leo for the response.

1. It would be nice to have a toggle option for the races to either go full war i.e. wipe out all enemy towns during war periods OR limit their attacks to open skirmish/village raids, or at least give the smaller factions some sort of immunity from being wiped out too early. I had the Sut Giants wiped out by the dragon-knights in the 40th day of my adventure, just the 2nd day after they declared war on them.

2. A mobile town accessible through Camp that allows the player to build a single village anywhere in the map that increases the maximum foraging number along other minor bonuses like morale/ wage cost reduction while the party is around the village's immediate vicinity, and after 30 days an option to stay for good will be made available, or pack up and move on to a new place. The upstart village can then be upgraded one component at a time until it becomes a full blown settlement with the additional option to create up to a maximum of 2 fief villages and a castle. You will then be forced to kiss some noble butts to be officially hold a certificate of nobility OR just woo a blue blood.

3. ^ With enough likes, renown, a conditional Honor Rating, a considerably bigger coffer, and an owned settlement AND recognized noble house, the player will have the rare opportunity to woo an actual Queen or King to their kingdom's delight BUT of course after some kind of drama, maybe a duel or a grand battle between the wooee's party or their representative which could either be the marshal or the closest of kin who can lead an army. Just a wee bit more drama would be appreciated.

4.Over all fewer wars that lasts for longer and is affected by no.1^

5.Rework the item buying/ selling/  cost to just hundreds and rarely 5 digits, forged items too.

6. Sapper skills and actual sapper units.

Thanks for the hard work! <3

When you get your own kingdom, I would really like to access the equipment of your Lords (ex-companions & defected Lords). 
If some defectors have rare gear or mounts then make those Lords equipment screens unaccessable, otherwise you should be able to "help out" your vassals with a gift of better armour, weapon, or a mount.

Besides Venator fiefs and expanding/adding more factions on the empty lands around Perisno especially the upper part of the Aroulo lands.

Can I recommend offhand katana or wakizashi for the Zann swordsmen troops? As well as more crowned helmets (closed ones), hooded and winged helmets.
There’s also a matter of adding a legendary spear or lance weapon

There’s also the fixing of troop formation, the enemy lines stay like sitting ducks even though they are always picked out by my archer troops and they only move when I order my cavalry to charge them.

There’s also the fixing of troop formation, the enemy lines stay like sitting ducks even though they are always picked out by my archer troops and they only move when I order my cavalry to charge them.

Do you mean that basic warband "formation" when all of the enemies stay in the line and move slowly to the left (very rarely to the right) edge of the map? If that's the case, enable "CHAAARGE!" in mod options and they won't do this nonsense anymore.

kenji1104 said:
Besides Venator fiefs and expanding/adding more factions on the empty lands around Perisno especially the upper part of the Aroulo lands.

Can I recommend offhand katana or wakizashi for the Zann swordsmen troops? As well as more crowned helmets (closed ones), hooded and winged helmets.
There’s also a matter of adding a legendary spear or lance weapon

Yes hooded helmets are good, more would do nicely.

As for legendary spears, there's some unused spears that have been around for a while, but they could easily be from an early concept given their names and style. Though there have been cases of future items appearing a few updates before implementation.

Don't know if possible, but will there be an option for minor faction cultures? At least the biggest out there, like Ankars or Demon Worshippers. That would be fun to run a Wolf Cult Perisnoan Republic or make an Ukundu enclave with Rafklazan as a leader, similar to Venetoran Empire.

On that note, a "Perisnoan Elf/Dwarf/Giant" option would also be nice...or at least make some sort of unique unit for them.

I would really like if you could add an option to decrease troop stats in different regions, for example -1 or -2 (power strike/draw, ironflesh) to Draharan troops  when they fight in snowy (Drachen) or mountainous (Kaikoth) maps. That could also stop factions to expand quickly.

arduus said:
I would really like if you could add an option to decrease troop stats in different regions, for example -1 or -2 (power strike/draw, ironflesh) to Draharan troops  when they fight in snowy (Drachen) or mountainous (Kaikoth) maps. That could also stop factions to expand quickly.

Similar things were done in other mods, though it might be connected to the race of the AI (if the race isn't just an armor set). It could also strain the game with too much to process at once. I think terrain is already calculated in auto-calc, though probably not to that extent.

Hi guys. Recently started playing the mod again.

For now, I have a few thoughts regarding giants. If there are gameplay reasons, please let me know, I don't have enough experience yet with giants/dwarfs. I am working off the assumption that giants are strong and large humans, so if we establish the exact proportion, we could use the square/cube law to determine the difference.

1. Could we have the weapons be proportional to giants? What I mean, is I think the weapons are too short. The Bakhal merc has a 70 length axe. That's short for humans, it's knife size for giants.
2. All heavier weapons should have crush through blocks, especially the one the giants use.
3. Since bow power depends on pulling strength, they should have strongest bows in the game, just not necessarily the most accurate.
4. Same for throwing weapons, make giant only javelins, with monstrous damage and lower accuracy.

And a non giant question: why do Geldar and Cretas have only 1 castle? They tend to disappear quickly. Maybe make their garrison 1.5k?

I agree that they should hit like a truck, but crush through blocks can be a bit overpowered, maybe only for the highest tier household troops. I also think giants should be the fastest race of all due to their musculature.

How about more one-handed legendary weapons? Most of them are zweihanders and I'd really appreciate some legendary sabre.  :???: :cool:

Mordekhay said:
How about more one-handed legendary weapons? Most of them are zweihanders and I'd really appreciate some legendary sabre.  :???: :cool:
Finding a Scorpion with a good modifier is quite harder than some of the legendary weapons, so it kinda makes it a Legendary Sabre for me

Any chance the geldar and cretas castles can be made into towns instead? That way, I wont have to make my own faction just to get  access to their equipment in the shops. Also, can birgit’s helm be replaced by a royal enchantment? And can her title be changed to queen when she is married to the player when owning their own faction? Can queen trisna be elligible to wed when agathor gets eliminated?

hipp522 said:
Any chance the geldar and cretas castles can be made into towns instead? That way, I wont have to make my own faction just to get  access to their equipment in the shops. Also, can birgit’s helm be replaced by a royal enchantment? And can her title be changed to queen when she is married to the player when owning their own faction? Can queen trisna be elligible to wed when agathor gets eliminated?
I'll see about the Birgit suggestions.
Queen Trisna Marrying again wouldn't really fit the lore, but I see what you did there  :party:

Back
Top Bottom