Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

When villages change faction, the recruit type from those villages change as well.
This leads to your recruiters to not actually recruit the type of recruits you asked for.
I quite much dislike when villages change their whole Faction/troop tree when being conquered anyways. That should be an option from your advisors (change the culture of the "town/castle" and all it's fiefs.
Will this be fixed in 0.7?

Well it is logical for a the culture to change in a village when it is taken over. But i understand a player wanting or liking a certain factions's troops over another. But I didn't really know this was a issue as Iv'e never really tested it out. So what your saying is that when a village is taken by lets say... Tolrania takes over a Hakkon village, and you ask for Hakkon recruits but you get Tolranian troops?

Michadr said:
Well it is logical for a the culture to change in a village when it is taken over. But i understand a player wanting or liking a certain factions's troops over another. But I didn't really know this was a issue as Iv'e never really tested it out. So what your saying is that when a village is taken by lets say... Tolrania takes over a Hakkon village, and you ask for Hakkon recruits but you get Tolranian troops?
I started my empire on Redwood land (Lille), and Tolrania had also taken come of the original Redwood lands near Lille.
When i sent my recruiters out to recruit redwood troops they come back with my own faction recruits, a few tolranian recruits and 0 redwood recruits

Banners on samurais
_-Total-War-Shogun-2-The-Fall-of-the-Samurai-PC-_.jpg

also armor uniformity on lords depending on culture
like redwood culture = all lords have redwood style armors

Michadr said:

Hi Michadr,

looking at our  real world, culture changes can take millenia, or not happen at all. That`s why there are minorities. You can ofc argue that a multi-culti society might wish to have uniform troops regardless of culture, OTOH you might as well argue that they might wish to keep troop diversity and for a lot of good reasons too.
Myself I`m against culture changes unless initiated by new owners and at a high cost and risk(revolts, lower adminstrative efficiency and so on).

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
Michadr said:

Hi Michadr,

looking at our  real world, culture changes can take millenia, or not happen at all. That`s why there are minorities. You can ofc argue that a multi-culti society might wish to have uniform troops regardless of culture, OTOH you might as well argue that they might wish to keep troop diversity and for a lot of good reasons too.
Myself I`m against culture changes unless initiated by new owners and at a high cost and risk(revolts, lower adminstrative efficiency and so on).

Rgds, Oldtimer

Well, I agree with your point but :
-Middle ages ! Culture doesn't really exist among the peasant (before Joan of Arc)
-Usually Peasant are slaughtered and replace by other peasants (mainly serds of the new owners of the lands)

My suggestions :
-Culture change from Maccavia to Tolrania to Hakkon to Reich to [insert human faction name here] should be possible without problem. (but there still can be some rebellion)
-No Culture change between different race one need to exterminate the other peasant/town people in order to put it's own kind in the village/town.

Might be a good idea to think about some (real) culture mechanics. (Kingdom of Perisno is a Kingdom of Elves, Dwarves or Men ? The three at once ? Might be a good idea if the player could choose...)

Murderer said:
buang said:
Banners on samurais
_-Total-War-Shogun-2-The-Fall-of-the-Samurai-PC-_.jpg

also armor uniformity on lords depending on culture
like redwood culture = all lords have redwood style armors
Is that Shogun II Total War?  :smile:
I think that banners wouldn't look good on soldiers.

*Total War: Shogun II

Depends, look at Gekokujo (a mod for Warband).
But I think it would not match with Perisno universe...

@Katsuki

Hi,

you wrote:

-Middle ages ! Culture doesn't really exist among the peasant (before Joan of Arc)
-Usually Peasant are slaughtered and replace by other peasants (mainly serds of the new owners of the lands)

Sry, but the above is not correct. Peasants had a culture(or call it customs) that was very dear to them. Most important was the religion and a far second the language though. Look at Ireland if you want an example.
True that peasants were slaughtered sometimes but in medieval times workforce was very valuable and killing it bad business sense.
If you wanted to exchange the population, you preferably sold the conquered natives first. Though I can`t find an European christian example of that except for some religious wars with unrepentant heretics like Cathars and some others.

Rgds, Oldtimer

First of all, I have so far thoroughly enjoy this mod, and the direction that it is going in, lore wise and gameplay, are excellent and makes me excited for each and every new release. Without taking too much time here, a few suggestions that I would like to see implemented or considered:

+ More fief Improvements:
            - Brothel
            - Clayworks
            - Stone/Marble Quarry
            - Aqueduct (Pre-resiquite for baths)
            - Public Baths
            - Irrigated fields
            - Temple (with larger or smaller options depending on fief...  shrine, chapel, cathedral, etc.)
            - Guild hall
            - Mine (Different variants dependent on material)
            - Expanded trade quarter
            - Harbor
                L (Upgrades to Cothon)
            - Library

+ Bug Fixes/Improvements
            - One thing I have noticed is that spawns such as the Zann and and other minor factions
                                          don't seem to attack other lords parties, only player.
            - Increase range and likelihood in which lords and other friendly faction parties join the battle on your side,
                                          perhaps even have city and castle garrisons join in.
            - Ability to donate money to fief to improve relation, among perhaps other ways
            - Chance to escape from battle after losing like NPC lords.
            - More castle and town scenes, specific to faction (elves in lush forested areas, etc.)
                                        L Anno Domini has some incredible city scenes that could be implemented on permission.
            - After starting your own faction, have the ability to custom tailor your own faction troop tree.
            - Since Maccavia is a Republic, it would be nice if the faction leader changed every now and then through elections, which would be based on the lords relation to all the cities, villages, castles and renown.
            - Pre-battle orders, different formation types
            - Ability to duel enemy lords before a battle to increase your army's morale, decreasing the other.
            - Hearing horns on changing your formation in battle and charging at the enemy
                                          L Anno Domini implemented this, and the Stainless Steel mod for Medieval 2: Total War had excellent sounds for this.

A Bot said:
            - After starting your own faction, have the ability to custom tailor your own faction troop tree.
also i hope we can edit vassal equips or atleast keep their items after turning into vassals? i've had a companion which focused on two handed weapons but when turned to vassal switch to polearms and shield
and a heraldic mail and a kabuto
von9d5.png

Oldtimer said:
@Katsuki

Hi,

you wrote:

Sry, but the above is not correct. Peasants had a culture(or call it customs) that was very dear to them. Most important was the religion and a far second the language though. Look at Ireland if you want an example.
True that peasants were slaughtered sometimes but in medieval times workforce was very valuable and killing it bad business sense.
If you wanted to exchange the population, you preferably sold the conquered natives first. Though I can`t find an European christian example of that except for some religious wars with unrepentant heretics like Cathars and some others.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Yeah, you are right, I wasn't very clear.
What I mean by "no culture" is that as long as no one try to destroy their own custom (one might call it culture so it becoming hard to understand) they don't take part into politics or war.
A former french peasants can become an English then a Burgund then a Bohem then a German subjects without really caring about it.
Cathars though can not be called a culture, it is merely another religion (old gods, new gods in Perisno :wink: ) and the peasants who came back into catholiscism were accepted and did not rebel.
The Cathars heretics who fought were noble, and not peasants.

I have a hard time explaining my point because I lack (or English lack ?) the vocabulary to do so.
What I was trying to say though was that peasants will have no reason to revolt because there new Lords has another allegiance, they do not really care about it. They do not think of themselves as French or Burgund or English or German (before Joan of Arc tough)

- Brothel- Not sure if we will actually add this. One of our devs. has started making something along this line, but it might or might not make it into 0.7
- Aqueduct (Pre-resiquite for baths)
- Public Baths
Now this is something that hasn't been suggested before. But like the suggestion before this, It probably won't be be added.
- Library There will be a library in Galwe but other then that I doubt we will add more. 
- Harbor Could be done once we expand on sea traveling...
- One thing I have noticed is that spawns such as the Zann and and other minor factions don't seem to attack other lords parties, only player. That will be fixed in 0.7
- Chance to escape from battle after losing like NPC lords. Reasonable Suggestion. I shall add to the list.
- More castle and town scenes, specific to faction (elves in lush forested areas, etc.) This will eventually be done as we get more scenes etc.
- After starting your own faction, have the ability to custom tailor your own faction troop tree. Suggested many times before. But not 0.7
- Since Maccavia is a Republic, it would be nice if the faction leader changed every now and then through elections, which would be based on the lords relation to all the cities, villages, castles and renown I admit a very.. intrigued idea. I do not know if this is possible or if it is on how to do it. I'll add to the list nonetheless. 
- Pre-battle orders, different formation types I'll work on that.

buang said:
A Bot said:
also i hope we can edit vassal equips or atleast keep their items after turning into vassals? i've had a companion which focused on two handed weapons but when turned to vassal switch to polearms and shield
and a heraldic mail and a kabuto
von9d5.png
On the 0.7 changlog  :wink:>
- [Changed] Npcs will now keep gear when becoming vassals

-Escape chance after being defeated: Definitely a no for me. It's too forgiving then for the player, and would encourage more reckless play. If you don't want to get capture don't get into battle you can't win.

-Custom your own troop tree: This will also give the player too much power and dull out the faction's troop tree and troop composition. I learned from another mod that custom troop completely changes how the mod work. Your brain doesn't need to work when you have super troop.

The two above feature will have negative effects on the player. They will become more reckless, and think less when playing, and will be relying too much on it.

habeo123 said:
-Escape chance after being defeated: Definitely a no for me. It's too forgiving then for the player, and would encourage more reckless play. If you don't want to get capture don't get into battle you can't win.

-Custom your own troop tree: This will also give the player too much power and dull out the faction's troop tree and troop composition. I learned from another mod that custom troop completely changes how the mod work. Your brain doesn't need to work when you have super troop.

The two above feature will have negative effects on the player. They will become more reckless, and think less when playing, and will be relying too much on it.

I'd point out that one may always play with the Save Anytime option instead of Realistic if one is worried about capture.  Simply save before the battle (I use Realistic because I am horrible about remembering to save, and I playtest many less stable mods).

I agree totally about custom troop trees being a bad thing.  One may always collect lots of companions if a company of specialized troops is wanted.

habeo123 said:

MelanieWard said:
habeo123 said:

I'd point out that one may always play with the Save Anytime option instead of Realistic if one is worried about capture.  Simply save before the battle (I use Realistic because I am horrible about remembering to save, and I playtest many less stable mods).

I agree totally about custom troop trees being a bad thing.  One may always collect lots of companions if a company of specialized troops is wanted.

The keyword is chance here. Why save scum all the time (which creates artificial fun in my opinion, throwing the whole argument of being unforgiving out the window) when there is a chance, perhaps depending on tactics or charisma skill/attribute on being captured. I do not believe this is too forgiving, what do you want, a hardcore masochist mod? :grin:

Regarding the troop trees, again I don't think this is a unfair thing to do. If there is a worry about balance, there could be certain restrictions that have to be followed. This would create a more fun, immerse experience in my opinion, one that saves end game play from being perhaps too bland. The argument about the player not having to think regarding this is nonsense! Did the various generals of military history think less with reformed armys? :grin:

Wouldn't having an army of "super companions" be worse? ;P

Just my ideas, might think of more while I play at some future date. Thank you for your input Michadr, if you want I could also elaborate on perhaps suitable bonuses for those improvements. Good work so far my good man :smile:

Finally got the newet version to work and I', enjoying my campaign in Perisno.
One thing I hate though, is snow. Fighting in the winter wonderland is sometimes a divsersion from the green pastures, but it is a factor which really deters me from choosing either Maccan or Drachesreich as a faction for whom to fight.
I would think it an accomplishment if you could make less snow on the map, that would make these factions more appealing in my eyes

Perhaps when the player leaves a battle by going to the edge of the battle scene, he will be routed and get only the part of his party that was already routed back?

That would be better than the current system, and wouldn't be too easy for the player. (leaving at the beginning of a battle would result in a party size of 1)

Back
Top Bottom