Diplomacy+Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment (Diplo v4.2+PBOD v0.96.3) for 1.143+WSE

Users who are viewing this thread

Narduiran

Sergeant at Arms
M&BWBWF&S
You know, now that I think about it, I'm not even sure I upgraded to the last Diplo version...

I know I took notice of the new version, but I might have forgotten to install it because of the holidays. I'll go check that right away.
 

subzero22

Regular
WB
So what exactly does this do as I don't fully undersand it. Like can you select the number of each troop that's on the battle field? or can you select how your troops layout is before you start the battle?
 
subzero22 said:
So what exactly does this do as I don't fully undersand it. Like can you select the number of each troop that's on the battle field?
Yes. You can select the number of each troop (up to the max you would have had spawn anyway) for the first round of a battle.

subzero22 said:
or can you select how your troops layout is before you start the battle?
Roughly, yes. You choose a set of starting orders (e.g. hold position, stand closer x3, move forward x2) for each division that are then applied when the battle starts.
 
subzero22 said:
hmm after using this with diplomacy my game crashes in the middle of battles.
Go to PBOD preferences and change your setting for Dehorsed cavalry re-assignment...then change it back to whatever you want, Disabled may be best. There seems to be an issue there to be fixed in the next version (hopefully this weekend).
 

subzero22

Regular
WB
Caba`drin said:
subzero22 said:
hmm after using this with diplomacy my game crashes in the middle of battles.
Go to PBOD preferences and change your setting for Dehorsed cavalry re-assignment...then change it back to whatever you want, Disabled may be best. There seems to be an issue there to be fixed in the next version (hopefully this weekend).

Ah ok I'll try that then.
 
Any chance I could get the source for this? I'm trying to use this as a base mod, but I want to change a few things. I have diplomacy source and PBOD source but a merge source would just be easier. Thanks if possible.
 
burgunfaust said:
Any chance I could get the source for this? I'm trying to use this as a base mod, but I want to change a few things. I have diplomacy source and PBOD source but a merge source would just be easier. Thanks if possible.

Anybody?
 
burgunfaust said:
Any chance I could get the source for this? I'm trying to use this as a base mod, but I want to change a few things. I have diplomacy source and PBOD source but a merge source would just be easier. Thanks if possible.

The full, merged, Module System download link has been added to the OP.
 
I'm trying to merge this with formations kit by motomataru, but i'm having trouble. I used the modmerger, but it didn't seem to take. Any ideas?
 
burgunfaust said:
I'm trying to merge this with formations kit by motomataru, but i'm having trouble. I used the modmerger, but it didn't seem to take. Any ideas?

Hrm...no, not really. So long as you used modmerger correctly, it should get in there okay.
This is on the horizon for inclusion on the mod, anyway, however. I'm working with motomataru to allow the formations to be applied to divisions beyond the first three (infantry, archers, cavalry). I'd say we are just shy of 50% of that goal. Once that is working, they'll be in PBOD, with an on-off toggle for the AI like all other battle additions in the mod.
 

Coruskane

Veteran
M&BWB
This is really great stuff :smile:

One particular wishlist item would be to be able to save initial deployment configurations to a save slot.
 

kaiserbrown

Recruit
I have Diplomacy v3.3.2 installed, downloaded PBOD from the link in the first post here, installed it as instructed, and PBOD doesn't seem to be working. I've left the files in the Diplo+PBOD folder that the files unzip to and moved them into the main Diplo mod folder, neither works.

What am I doing wrong?
 
I'm not sure...possibly nothing, though.
I assume when you copied the files in you chose "copy and replace" or whatever other option there may have been to overwrite the files?

If so, most likely you have done nothing wrong. You can check to be sure PBOD is installed by going to your camp menu. If you find an option called "PBOD Mod Preferences." then it is installed correctly. Your player character needs at least 1 point of Tactics skill before any new options show up before battle. It needs 2+ points for the more advanced options to show up. (The options in mod preferences work regardless of tactics skill, of course.)

burgunfaust said:
Sweet. Will it fix the initial conflict between the two?
Yes, once the formations are implemented, they will be fully integrated into the Pre-Battle orders system. No conflicts.

Coruskane said:
One particular wishlist item would be to be able to save initial deployment configurations to a save slot.
Could you elaborate a bit? How would that look?
I'm considering having multiple different pre-battle order configurations that are save-able and able to be recalled (rather than just 1 like it currently is), but I'm unsure how that would look with multiple deployment configurations since the number of each troop in a player's party fluctuates so frequently. Perhaps if I transitioned from choosing the # of troops to selecting a % of each type?
 

kaiserbrown

Recruit
Thanks, I'll keep hacking away at it. I've used the standalone PBOD, it's really nice and you did a great job with it, so I'd love to get it working with Diplo. I don't need to compile the python stuff to make it work, do I?
 
No, no compiling needed.
Just unzipping to the correct folder.

My guess is that you did it correctly and are just shy tactics points.
 

kaiserbrown

Recruit
Nope :-/ created a toon with 4 in tactics just to check, and I only get the diplo menu option when I camp. Whenever I figure out what the problem is, it'll probably be something simple and I'll be wondering why I didn't notice it in the first place.
 
Top Bottom