SP Antiquity Diluvium- Rebalancing Revealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not sure how exactly I'm going to do the heroes. I've basically got two lists of companions. One list gives me the numbers listed above. If the second list were used, then numbers would range from 15-30 companions for each, I said each faction. That's a freaking lot of extra... and would obviously be too many for the regular troops to even fit in. Especially since there'd onoly be like 5 lords per faction. I could make the companions added in the second list to be regular companions that the player can hire. That would make about enough companions to keep the player busy (30-45), and I could even make them available if the player belongs to the correct faction, probably. Or, I could make each name on the list into a lord so there'd be like 60 lords and 3 factions. That idea should work even better. Those are my two ideas.

Thank you, Jubal. That sounds sweet as hell.

Note: I clarified my signature a bit, let me know if you still think it makes no sense. :razz:

If you need some basic Modeling help I'm available.

sickleswordqe5.jpg
- An attempt at a sickle sword. Kind of a bad angle. Will look better in game and textured.

sig makes much more sense and cool sickle sword and historically accurate cause the sword was a short slightly curved sword

[quote author=C:\WiNDOWS\system32\cmd.exe]
Initializing...
COmpiling all global variables...
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
Exporting map icons...
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
Creating new tag_uses.txt file...
Creating new quick_strings.txt file...
Exporting scene data...
Exporting troops data
Exporting particle data...
Exporting scene props...
Exporting presentations...
Exporting party_template data...
Exporting parties
Exporting quest data...
Exporting scripts...
Exporting mission_template data...
Exporting game menus data...
exporting simple triggers...
exporting triggers...
Checking global variable usages...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .
[/quote]

Ahh... it's music to my *omit bad word* ears. =)

Yea.. well, pretty much I'm just setting up the backbone for the whole thing. Some of it hasn't been all that easy, but a lot of what I'd consider 'work' is still ahead. Like, I had the map pretty much done when scripting got outa control and I had to go at it from start again (3 days ago), and yea, I thought my map was nice and safe - but I deleted everything but the VERY FIRST backup I made of it! :???: So, anyways, here's the map off the internet I've finally decided to copy... it's a pretty helpful exhibit to look at as well :grin:

I am pretty good at maps by the way, so it should be something sweet.

And by the way
Code:
Trooper
,thank you for helping!

Looks to be a pretty hard model to make:
It may end up being one I do myself... though rigging the wheels shouldn't be that difficult.

the ziggarut at Ur.
zig.gif

Edit:First image got removed. I found a place to upload my pics

Okay =)
I'm going over the video tutorials tonight and will begin on graphic implementation and stuff soon afterwards. The map will probably be pushed back another week. Thanks for the ziggarut work man. That is a great idea by the way, it perfectly suits a city/temple scene. And yea, walking up it would be pretty damn neat. No need to go inside anything though, just through archways. Gonna be needing a "Ruins" and "Oasis" icon by the way too. I'll post cliparts or something for those. Look to see some of my own shots up here within a day.

Ruins.
ruinsicon2kq4.png

By diluvium at 2008-04-02

Stupid picture... but I think it'll help modelling basic palm trees.
oasisiconqw0.jpg

By diluvium at 2008-04-02

Map Icon for the Ziggarut  (Otherwise known to me as Weird temple thingies)

mapiconzigvr7.jpg

Detailed and fully explorable version coming up (God help me!)

cliparts posted above in my last post. hope they help make icons.
by the way, we're pretty much hiring alpha-testers, experienced scripters and writers.

I've been thinking about that. At first I was thinking rather abstract about it, and was feeling certain it was possible. Now I'm not so sure, but I think it will be something like taking the horse frame and turning it into a chariot first of all, then "hooking" them together with a scheme that makes them check for one another and move in sequence, one right in front of the other. I fear it's a lot of trouble, but as far as I know the only thing which hasn't been done yet is to put a second, alternate horse type slot in the character's inventory. Once that's been done it becomes a lot more possible.

Back
Top Bottom