Dev Blog 29/03/19

Users who are viewing this thread

While Bannerlord’s singleplayer campaign offers great adventures to all, for many players, nothing quite matches the excitement of testing their skills against human opponents in Mount & Blade’s engaging multiplayer matches. In this week’s blog, we want to take a look at Skirmish mode, which is a brand new multiplayer game mode for the upcoming Bannerlord...


Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/103
 

Silen

Duke
We will discuss much more about multiplayer in future blogs, including Bannerlord’s new class system, matchmaking, additional game modes, and, of course, details about the upcoming closed beta!

Well, I'm excited, and I hope not in vain. :smile:
 

Noudelle

Grandmaster Knight
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
The new game mode sounds interesting.
we are planning to carry out a closed multiplayer beta where we hope to get help and feedback from members of our community.
Hello there.
 

OurGloriousLeader

Grandmaster Knight
Interested to see how the mode plays out, have plenty of thoughts but no point guessing.

Can you tell us how the morale system affects teams for the final stage? Is it just a ticket system, removing respawn points like Battlefield, or something that affects the people alive in the round?
 

Callum

Community Lead
Sorry this was posted a little late again this week, I'm still running on US time it seems. :smile:

OurGloriousLeader said:
Interested to see how the mode plays out, have plenty of thoughts but no point guessing.

Can you tell us how the morale system affects teams for the final stage? Is it just a ticket system, removing respawn points like Battlefield, or something that affects the people alive in the round?

Well, you can actually win with the morale system before two of the flags disappear. However, if you hold the morale advantage before moving on to the final flag, then you just need to capture the final flag (or hold if you already captured it) and force the enemy team away from it while the remainder of their morale decays. There is basically a zone of control around the flags, with the closest person to the flag raising or lowering the flag. If enemies are in the zone, the flag is considered contested, so the round won't automatically end there and then even if your morale is totally gone, providing you are contesting that final flag.
 

vonbalt

Sergeant Knight
WBNWVCM&B
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Sorry this was posted a little late again this week, I'm still running on US time it seems. :smile:

No need to apologize if i get a beta invitation  :party:
 

Chronissimo

Recruit
New on TW forums, long time lurker and deeply love Warband. I want to sign up for the closed beta as soon as it's available. I'm so excited to be a part of Bannerlord's development.
 

Hernanxd16

Knight at Arms
So, only multiplayer beta, Callum? Can we expect something like that but for singleplayer?



blog_post_83_taleworldswebsite_02.jpg


This scene looks very nice. If that image had been randomly posted, I would think is a city from the campaign.
 

CKyHC

"However, fear not! We will discuss much more about multiplayer in future blogs, including Bannerlord’s new class system, matchmaking, additional game modes, and, of course, details about the upcoming closed beta!"

2020 confirmed  :cry:
 
Beta probably isn't even worthwhile here in Australia...  :cry:
Still, good to see that TW is saying something about "releasing" something to the public.
 

Fietta

buıʇʇǝs uoıʇɔǝɹıp ʞɔɐʇʇɐ
Marquis
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
What's interesting is if there's three flags on the field, how close will they be to each other? In current multiplayer there's one flag where the teams fight, cavalry can come support, archers getting crossfire, I'm unsure how that could work when you're working with three flags. Are some maps larger than others and require different compositions? Or will the maps keeps the same sort of scale just with different environments?
 

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Grandmaster Knight
Very good news for the community...especially for the members of the closed beta group.  I know that in my Inbox will not appear an invitation  :lol: ... enjoy as much as you can. :party:
 

Callum

Community Lead
Hernanxd16 said:
So, only multiplayer beta, Callum? Can we expect something like that but for singleplayer?


blog_post_83_taleworldswebsite_02.jpg

This scene looks very nice. If that image had been randomly posted, I would think is a city from the campaign.

Yes, beta will just be for MP.

The map you can see there has been made specifically for Skirmish mode, as with all the maps for this game mode. However, we do have a lovely selection of maps in singleplayer too. :smile:

Fietta said:
What's interesting is if there's three flags on the field, how close will they be to each other? In current multiplayer there's one flag where the teams fight, cavalry can come support, archers getting crossfire, I'm unsure how that could work when you're working with three flags. Are some maps larger than others and require different compositions? Or will the maps keeps the same sort of scale just with different environments?

You shouldn't really use Warband's maps as a guide of what to expect from Bannerlord, especially for this game mode. The distance of the flags changes depending on the map (some are more open, some are compact), so yes, you should be preparing different strats for different maps. And with the limited respawns, you might even need to adjust those strats mid round.
 

Footbeard

Sergeant
WBNWVC
This looks incredible, I'd love to see how the resource system plays out.

I'd also really appreciate a key into the closed beta to help test out the mechanics!

Bring on Bannerlord~  :party:
 

narutanikei

Recruit
Ok no offense, but 99% of the people that play this game are interested in the singleplayer, so can we get betas and blogs about singleplayer instead?
 

Oram

Recruit
Whattttttttttttttttttttt NOW MY Freinds this is the day the Sun has Come out ! Let there be celebration on the BETA !!!!! Stay Strong my comrades for God Is With US!!!!!!! Amen
 
Top Bottom