Denmark-Norway and Sweden

Users who are viewing this thread

Einarr Jarl

Recruit
Would be good to get these factions in game. M&B has quite a lot of Scandinavian players and it would be good if we had our own factions. Thoughts?

Spaps said:
I'd love to see the South Europe/North Africa to be implemented, too.

But first - Spain and Scandinavia, yes.
Since he is also going to add the Ottoman Empire, I think he should implement Persia too, otherwise the Ottomans would probably be too Powerful.

Also more bandits and irregulars, Cossacks, Town Pikeman, Zeibeks, Hayduks, maybe some more special mercenaries as Hunters and Bowmen.

Mosin-Nagant said:
Spaps said:
I'd love to see the South Europe/North Africa to be implemented, too.

But first - Spain and Scandinavia, yes.
Since he is also going to add the Ottoman Empire, I think he should implement Persia too, otherwise the Ottomans would probably be too Powerful.

Also more bandits and irregulars, Cossacks, Town Pikeman, Zeibeks, Hayduks, maybe some more special mercenaries as Hunters and Bowmen.

Well, was that Docm who said that the people you recruit when you're not in a faction will be turning into outlaws and irregulars? It'll be cool if these were mercenaries, not outlaws...

Go to the main thread > Look at planned factions > Denmark-Norway and Sweden is in the list.

I think I recall Doc saying that they will be added in the 3rd or 4th update.

Spaps said:
Well, was that Docm who said that the people you recruit when you're not in a faction will be turning into outlaws and irregulars? It'll be cool if these were mercenaries, not outlaws...
waaait what? So if you recruit some guy from villages when you didn't talked to any army recruiter in any faction capital, you will get outlaws/irregulars? Or it's still the Faction's recruit?

Persia is not on the map. Besides Ottomans were "the sick man of Europe" during this era due to weak organization and military.

There are already Russia and Serbian rebels to bug Ottomans. Syria is a bit too far fetched, I think, but I'd love to see some scenes in Egypt, Palestine and North Africa

As a north European, Scandinavia is obviously my most anticipated thing to wait from the future versions. I'm especially eager to see how Lapland turns out and if Åbo will make an appearance.

shaelor said:

Persia is not on the map. Besides Ottomans were "the sick man of Europe" during this era due to weak organization and military.

They weren't the 'sick man' until the late 1800s, post Crimea. At this time they were still a force to be reckoned with.

The Sekban-i-Cedid were massacred in 1808 and the reforming Grand Vizier, Alemdar Mustafa Pasha, was attacked in his mansion by dissenting jannisaries, forcing him to blow himself and his house up with explosives. Guy knew how to exit the stage. The sultan wouldn't move against them again until 1826.

Actually I shouldn't overstate the poor performance of the Ottomans too much. 1809 saw the stout defense of Giurgiu, Braila, and Klavovo against Russian asssaults under Field-Marshal Prozorovskiy, whose whole command from April to August was ineffectual, and even after Bagration took Macin and Girsov, smashed Husrev Mehmet Pasha's force at Rassevat and seized Ismail, and then Langeron defeated Bosnak Agha at Frasin - it was no decisive victory like Obilesti had been - and when the siege of Silistra dragged on, the Grand Vizier arrived with a relief force and dug in in the town of Tataritsa, threatening the besiegers. When Bagration gave battle and failed to break them, the bloody stalemate put the Russian force in a precarious position and the siege of Silistra was abandoned. By then winter was coming, all the countryside had been picked clean of fodder, disease was ravaging both armies, and the campaign ended. The Ottomans still held the southern bank of the Danube, the Russian still held the northern bank, neither side would agree to the others' demands for peace - another year was squandered. The Turks had learned not to give the Russians the field battle they wanted, and used the weather and their strong walls to sap the strength of their enemy. Bloody assaults on castles is something Warband actually does well.

I can't imagine Finland being added to the map without Åbo. It was the seat of power for both the Swedish and Russian governments (after the brief tenure of Sprengtporten at Tavastehus), and the main staging area for Bagration's corps holding the Åland islands (before his appointment to Wallachia, obviously). Although this map from 1808 showing "Annexed Finland" puts Abo and Vaasa on equal footing, like provincial capitals, and I can't elaborate on that at the moment.
32.Finlyandia.jpg

masterborn12 said:
At the moment spain and the Ottoman empire should be in his first list, Sweden,denmark and norway in his 2nd or 3rd update

It will be way easier to add Denmark-Norway and Sweden to the game than The Ottoman Empire. Scandinavian factions only really require some recoloring of uniforms and can use the same scenes as other European nations.

Ottomans would require entirely new models and scenes.

Back
Top Bottom