Dear TW, I heard you're planning to **** up this great game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have around 300 games on steam alone
Are you good at these games? I doubt you have the attention span to get good at one game if you hop from game to game as you surely must with so many games on the go.
Warband had ****ing awesome Combat Mechanics and it was just a case of putting in the practice to get good.
If you haven't got the ability to do that then carry on with your 300+ game life and let others enjoy a higher level of skill in there game (singular).
And don't practice your combat at single player as that will hold you back.

It never ceases to amaze people complaining that Warband was a feintspam, when that's clearly not true, the only similar case would be duel servers. Warband is hard to master but it's really well balanced, this type of complaints just reflect your lack of understanding of the game / people wanting it to be super casual where you can kill veteran players easily.

It never ceases to amaze people complaining that Warband was a feintspam, when that's clearly not true, the only similar case would be duel servers. Warband is hard to master but it's really well balanced, this type of complaints just reflect your lack of understanding of the game / people wanting it to be super casual where you can kill veteran players easily.

Wrong, it's the other way around where veterans want to dominate every single game and every combat situation and humiliate and frustrate everyone who dares to feel adventurous enough to try MP once. Among other reasons it's a kind of bullying and separating oneself from the "the rest" and implying you have more to say about the game and it's direction than them. It's you and the peasants, isn't it? And you can repeat "Warband wasn't feintspam" a billion times more, I played that game, it was feintspam galore.

Egomaniac "Warband veterans" at it again with the witch hunts.

I agree Metafa, that Meth head ultra speed Warband combat should be left in the past, Bannerlord's combat is pretty bad but Warband's is absolute ass.

@Younes123 @CANTON You should also shut up about his ability to speak English, makes you seem like closet racists.

I agree Metafa, that Meth head ultra speed Warband combat should be left in the past, Bannerlord's combat is pretty bad but Warband's is absolute ass.

True. Almost never had a WTF moment quite like the first time (and consecutive times) I tried Warband MP.

@Younes123 @CANTON You should also shut up about his ability to speak English, makes you seem like closet racists.
Sounds to me like you're just bad. That's all your whole experience boils down to.

Also i didn't insult his english if you cared to read the posts. I said he should start making sense as in what he writes is absolute BS

Sounds like you should get some english classes

Well, it's all about the combat basics at this point. Basic numerical values e.g. for cooldowns that in a single action don't have a lot of influence but as they're constantly used in every combat and every action therein their influence on what happens stacks up dramatically. From day 1 in the beta the "competitive community" how they like to call themselves euphemistically complained about the fact that your character cannot move a sword as fast as they IRL can do a mouse maneuver, which is of course a difference of day and night to have a tiny computer mouse movement which you instinctively learned is just enough to tell a computer program which action you want and with it execute a whole swing of a heavy sword or lance. Which in itself is not a problem, after all, it's a computer mouse. But it becomes a problem if you learn day in and day out to stack a high number of short movements after each other without the program to signal to you "Nope you can't do that, because your first swing/feint isn't even at 15% yet". So in this way, it's simulated the force you have to put behind a movement it to be effective at all and which a human can even muster. You need an extremely high ping to even be in a position to conceive of what the other is doing that way. Which is a problem with all fast-paced games of course but extremely exacerbated if every tiny mouse movement is translated into direct and lethal action. It increases the amount of stress of heightened awareness you need to play and at that constant rate it's just exhausting.

And that's just one enemy. Multiple enemies simultanously in BL is hard enough, but you can kind of develop a rythm for it, where with 2 of them you can block and swing and move so that you can still anticipate what the other MIGHT POSSIBLY do next. With 3 enemies you have to be a master in BL. Impossible in Warband, where you have a much higher frequency at which swings/actions are/can be executed. Of course to counter that they want to stack up in groups and train every one so that the disadvantage for them is at least completely compensated. And on top of it they are doing sessions where they sit day and night and observe exactly the weapon range and radius and speed and what not of every weapon and thereby multiply the problems you get when you face them. Of course you can also do that with BL now, but you need a lot of members in the group to be an AS impossible to beat force as in Warband. The problem is in the details and on a broad spectrum. And then they come here in the forum and proclaim completely dumbed down black-and-white "You just want the skill ceiling low", yea, low as in somehow managable with reasonable practice without getting a divorce and fired, not low as in teletubbies game or even standard casual what you can learn it once in 2 hours.

In conclusion you cannot prevent people practicing and getting better than you, but when you have multiple ways that multiply each other too much than it becomes either a stressful chore instead of work or you have every new and casual player resign instantly and probably not come back so fast. Not only that but it degenerates the amount of realism and thereby immersion a game can offer.

Thank you metafa. I hope somebody from the TW team can read what you described. @Duh_TaleWorlds or @Callum. I do not know why other people are attacking you personally (who knows why), but I think the intention and direction of your argument, and even the small parts that you elongated, carry enough weight for me to agree with you. I do not want to play Warband combat gameplay. I want a slower pace, like Bannerlord currently is (not exactly, theres a couple of things to work on), but something similar.

I tell myself I won't fall for this baitpost garbage. But here I am, at it again.

Wrong, it's the other way around where veterans want to dominate every single game and every combat situation and humiliate and frustrate everyone who dares to feel adventurous enough to try MP once.

Who actually thinks like this? You have as little understanding of players of this game as you do of the game itself. Nobody I know has any interest in playing against noobs, or bad players in general. It's too boring. After thousands of hours, you don't seek noob combat, you want something to challenge you and hone your skills. 1 minute with a good player is better practice and fun than 100 hours with noobs by that point.

You should also shut up about his ability to speak English, makes you seem like closet racists.
If they can't understand, then they can't understand. Don't try and shame people into silence by calling them racists, or make them second guess everything they say for fear of appearing racist. That's some dystopian ****. Nobody thinks either of them "seem like closet racists" because what metafa says doesn't make any sense. He actually doesn't make any sense most of the time. And I don't think it's because of any linguistic difficulties. He just likes to talk about things he doesn't remotely understand.

Sounds to me like you're just bad. That's all your whole experience boils down to.
Meh pretty average at Warband, Pretty average at Bannerlord. Doesn't affect my opinion that both are bad and have major room for improvement.
Also i didn't insult his english if you cared to read the posts. I said he should start making sense as in what he writes is absolute BS

Sounds like you should get some english classes
Jesus **** Younes. This must be a joke, you can't be that slow. You really just said you didn't do something just to do it the sentence after.

Jesus **** Younes. This must be a joke, you can't be that slow. You really just said you didn't do something just to do it the sentence after.
Yes i didn't do it before, but i did it now..
that's the whole point of me using that sentence afterwards...

Also metafa whole argument boils down to one simple thing:

"I can't handle fast movement"

that's it.

You really need some english classes, he said he didn't insult metafa's english. That's unrelated to insulting yours.

Meh pretty average at Warband, Pretty average at Bannerlord. Doesn't affect my opinion that both are bad and have major room for improvement.

There is a difference between someones ability to speak and what they are trying to say.

Bannerlord encourages feint spam much more than WB tbh. I also don't think it's a coincidence people who never bothered to mingle in the community and actually learn the game are also the ones that complain about how OP feints were in Warband.

Bannerlord encourages feint spam much more than WB tbh. I also don't think it's a coincidence people who never bothered to mingle in the community and actually learn the game are also the ones that complain about how OP feints were in Warband.
Bannerlord encourages a lot more feints, there is no doubt for that in multiplayer at least.

I tell myself I won't fall for this baitpost garbage. But here I am, at it again.

Who actually thinks like this? You have as little understanding of players of this game as you do of the game itself. Nobody I know has any interest in playing against noobs, or bad players in general. It's too boring. After thousands of hours, you don't seek noob combat, you want something to challenge you and hone your skills. 1 minute with a good player is better practice and fun than 100 hours with noobs by that point.

I see that all the time in tdm and siege. A small match (20 or 10 players), specially in the morning, where one or two players play cav and just lance everyone left and right. It is not fun, except for the physco who ruins it for everybody else.

Be that as it may, declaring you do not understand at all what I'm saying is hypocritical at best and English isn't my native language. Think it's pretty ok also factoring in the fact that this is actually not that easy to explain - which is why you people get away with calling everything that goes in sentences beyond 5 words incoherent - of course only if you're disagreeing with it.

Just don't write run on sentences man, it's that simple. Also, I constantly flame Hancock (who I generally agree with) for doing the same thing. This has nothing to do with you being ESL; you're posting word vomit. Native speakers who write like this are also hard to understand.

Guys, do what you want but I can assure you that from this thread you won't get anything out of it. Don't waste any more time here.

200.gif

If they can't understand, then they can't understand. He actually doesn't make any sense most of the time. And I don't think it's because of any linguistic difficulties. He just likes to talk about things he doesn't remotely understand.
Then simply don't comment on the thread? If they can't understand what he's saying that would imply they only commented to attack him and not contest him on his opinion.

This would also be an example of them speaking on things they don't remotely understand, since they don't understand him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom