Dear TW, I heard you're planning to **** up this great game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear TaleWorlds,

It wasn't lost on me that with your "Development Update #1" where you play-tested MP with "people from the community" you probably meant people who played Warband as literal children and now having just become adults are still children and therefore like playing hours on end with a pulse at ~>150 and are getting quickly bored with realistic fighting animation-delays and cooldowns. I just wanna say I don't need Bannerlord in my life, I don't need it to survive NOR having fun. I have around 300 games on steam alone and there are other medieval sandboxes.

If you're planning on bringing back the feint-spam from Warband to MP I'm gone. Even if you're doing it "only" to MP. I play SP to be immersed yes, but also to practice for MP. I noticed that combat AI has made a good leap in 1.4.3 as opposed to 1-2 months ago. I like that, but if SP and MP diverge too much I'm gone, too as it's useless to only keep fighting bots forever. You started out great, now don't **** it up. Pondering to kids with high pulse addiction will make you lose the rest of us. Give them custom dedicated servers and let them mod their hardcore mode, everything else, and people like me - and I'm going to argue most of the 10s of 1000s of new buyers you reached with BL - will leave for good.

Don't make MP into something only <22y.o. can enjoy and don't make SP and MP diverge too much from each other. Thank you. Up until I see this go wrong I will trust you have the best interest of the game at heart and that I only heard fake news.

EDIT:
My arguments and opinions about version 1.5 in this thread in summary:

Same here. As 1.5 is now I don't like it, as you need hyper awareness for every tiny moment in the fight. I can manage 2-4 fights winning around 50% but it's just less enjoyable if you rely on these even if short moments where you catch your breath in the fight and the heart rate relaxes a little because you just blocked your opponent and he needs to wait for his cooldown to expire to start the next attack or he just feinted and needs to restart the next attack with more delay. It's absolutely just more stressful. Older players especially will not like this change, as in general they recover slower from physical and mental stress, and to be completely honest, this is both. I'm not saying BL before 1.5 is stressless, because it isn't, but there is a better balance, and these "moments" I mentioned help with the recovery a lot and contribute to me having more relaxed and dominant situations. And yea yea, I get it, ha-ha, I'm old :grin: I'm 36, not that old. But please everyone dive into the schadenfreude, I know what I get myself into when I post stuff. I could proabably get used to it if I really wanted, I'm a gamer for around 25-30 years, I can adjust to some extent. But this will not contribute to me playing MP more often probably. And I very much doubt it's healthier. But if you're younger you certainly notice the difference to a much lower extent.

You need to pay more attention. You don't know where the next hit lands. The less reaction time you have the more stressful it will be. Not saying that it can't be satisfying but it needs balance and in my opinion in this patch it's out of that balance.

Yea, concentration, I like concentration. Overboard concentration borders into stress. Pretty seemless even. I'm not saying I don't like some stressful moments, but there are certainly more in 1.5 than before. It's not a it-has or it-hasn't situation, it's a spectrum, fine-grained. And I think it's too much in this update. That's what I will say.

Last edited:
bfdNG.png

Congratulations, you deserve it.:iamamoron:

As a casual-veteran I've gotta say I'm not as attached to warband combat as some pepole here but I still think it is objectively better and more skill intensive.It's understandable if you dislike warband combat with it's seizure feinting and snaping attacks, but the numbers speak for themselves. Warband MP has more pepole than Bannerlord right now and not all of them are "adult children", Warband combat simply has way more depth.
Also Talewords won't turn Bannerlord combat into Warband combat, they're aiming for something in-between, that will hopefuly be better than both combat systems right now.

Pondering to kids with high pulse addiction will make you lose the rest of us. Give them custom dedicated servers and let them mod their hardcore mode, everything else, and people like me - and I'm going to argue most of the 10s of 1000s of new buyers you reached with BL - will leave for good.

Your point here can be turned around and directed for the other spectrum of the playerbase. Let them have their modded servers with relaxed combat for a more casual experience. I'd argue this was already done to an extent, the pace and intensity was tuned down compared to Warband and look at the amount of people left playing MP now. Feint spamming is even more of a thing in BL already than it ever was in Warband.

I think you're way overreacting - changing combat based on the community parameters, which offered more responsiveness and less delays, less randomness in combat is by no means going to change the game into what you're describing.

Slow-motion isn't "realistic". There needs to be some delay cuz of ping difference but it needs to be carefully implemented. Projectiles are unrealisticly slow, characters are slow, melee combat is slow. Who takes 3 seconds to perform a basic swing move in real life? It needs to be faster than this and most people would agree I think. But they shouldn't go "opposite sides" like "MAKE IT FAST NOW!". It's currently not at a great balance. You trying to insult the hardcore players won't make you get points so drop that kind of BS.

Give them custom dedicated servers and let them mod their hardcore mode
I don't really find the rest sensible. However, I must say that people brainlessly repeating ''it will come'' is getting annoying. SP mods are what plenty of users are waiting for play, and we already established that most of what TW has done up to this point has been minor hotfixes or activation of more in-game items. The multiplayer is also wrongly prioritized with some CS:GO-style, competitive mode, which I suspect none but the minor, most sweaty or edgy native players even wanted (although plenty also vouch for a higher priority of dedicated server files). MP mods and modes like the Deluge, siege, battle, various WW-mods, Full Invasion and the NW DLC is where the MP community historically has been hiding. It's strange how TW still prioritize a dead competitive mode, but whatever. Players will return when TW return to their common senses. The clan creation is a first step in a better direction.

On a serious note, I am also a bit concerned about combat changes. It is ok if it gets faster but I have the feeling that what MP people mostly want, is making "weigth" less perceptible/relevant in the game, or at least this is what I think after seeing how combat goes with some mods made for MP guys.

On a serious note, I am also a bit concerned about combat changes. It is ok if it gets faster but I have the feeling that what MP people mostly want, is making "weigth" less perceptible/relevant in the game, or at least this is what I think after seeing how combat goes with some mods made for MP guys.

Not at all. You don't make players feel the "weight" of attacks by slowing everything down – you can swing faster in real life than you can spam in Warband — but by controlling the impact with the target, not the overall speed. For instance, it would feel more weighty and satisfying if instead of slicing through an enemy like butter when hitting them, your weapon would shortly slow down on impact before continuing. This is also something I tried to tweak with the modified parameters, although I had to settle on a low value or it would get buggy and have side-effects on combat.

all the combat changes are subject to change, once they are released a broader audience will be able to review it and give feedback in case it becomes unplayable for new/''low pulse'' players

all the combat changes are subject to change, once they are released a broader audience will be able to review it and give feedback in case it becomes unplayable for new/low pulse players

Fair enough.. but doesn't matter whether you told the high pulse people. They'll act as if you didn't anyway. Mark my words.

Not at all. You don't make players feel the "weight" of attacks by slowing everything down – you can swing faster in real life than you can spam in Warband — but by controlling the impact with the target, not the overall speed. For instance, it would feel more weighty and satisfying if instead of slicing through an enemy like butter when hitting them, your weapon would shortly slow down on impact before continuing. This is also something I tried to tweak with the modified parameters, although I had to settle on a low value or it would get buggy and have side-effects on combat.

Well, I checked your mod during beta and I had the feeling that the characters feel like if they would be floating. I do not think that it was something related to speed but weight parameters changed.

Anyway, it was just my impresion and to be honest, it is easy to get habituated to combat system in SP but only thing which is clear for me is that Bannerlord combat system >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warband combat system in SP. So let see how the patch goes. Maybe it will be great and my fairs are unfounded

Well, I checked your mod during beta and I had the feeling that the characters feel like if they would be floating. I do not think that it was something related to speed but weight parameters changed.

Anyway, it was just my impresion and to be honest, it is easy to get habituated to combat system in SP but only thing which is clear for me is that Bannerlord combat system >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warband combat system in SP. So let see how the patch goes. Maybe it will be great and my fairs are unfounded
I agree on the singleplayer part about combat, it feels a lot better then warband on a lot of instances. But for multiplayer its hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom