Custom Culture and deleting existing cultures

Users who are viewing this thread

Fynn_GER

Recruit
Hello,
I have two problems first one when i create a custom culture via xml file the game crashes everytime i start a new campaign why does this happen?
And second is there a way to not only appending stuff via xml modding but deleting existing stuff like existing cultures via xml or code?
Thanks for every awnser :grin:

Hello,
I have two problems first one when i create a custom culture via xml file the game crashes everytime i start a new campaign why does this happen?
And second is there a way to not only appending stuff via xml modding but deleting existing stuff like existing cultures via xml or code?
Thanks for every awnser :grin:
To create a custom culture, you need to also create all the NPCCharacters (notables etc) and partytemplates etc that the code expects it to interact with. While it's slightly out of date, I suggest you look at this custom Kingdom guide https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3185

You can delete Native\SandboxCore\Sandbox xml elements using XSLT, but again you need to be very careful as a lot of interdependancies exist between different XMLs. The game will crash if you remove an xml element that another xml still depends upon.

BTW a custom culture for a minor faction is less demanding, if that's adequate for your needs.

Hello
the custom kingdom guide doesn't want to be downloaded for me. Even with the registration at Nexus for a slow download.
So the files that need to be edited are these one ?
- partyTemplates.xml
- settlements.xml
- spclans.xml
- spcultures.xml
- spkingdoms.xml
- spnpccharacters.xml

Any others ?

I have 3 additionnal questions.

In the files, before names, there is a prefix like this one in bold : name="{=PjO7oY16}Sturgia"
Is it an unique ID (for the entire game) that we can choose for something like : name="{=JolHan001}Culture A

What text editing is mandatory for culture in each files If i want to begin with an almost duplicate of currently existing culture ?

Last one, is there tuto that explain the basics of files for newbie modders ?
I used a lot total war center for M2tw in the past and there was really beginner friendly tuto. Maybe it is too early for Bannerlord ?

Thanks in advance.

In the files, before names, there is a prefix like this one in bold : name="{=PjO7oY16}Sturgia"
Is it an unique ID (for the entire game) that we can choose for something like : name="{=JolHan001}Culture A
Those unique prefixes are used to tie default English Language strings to their translated equivalents in the language folders. So, their use depends on whether you intend your mod to be translated or not.

On the other points, you really need to re-try downloading the guide.

To create a custom culture, you need to also create all the NPCCharacters (notables etc) and partytemplates etc that the code expects it to interact with. While it's slightly out of date, I suggest you look at this custom Kingdom guide https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3185

You can delete Native\SandboxCore\Sandbox xml elements using XSLT, but again you need to be very careful as a lot of interdependancies exist between different XMLs. The game will crash if you remove an xml element that another xml still depends upon.

BTW a custom culture for a minor faction is less demanding, if that's adequate for your needs.
hello again frenemy! On that note, how can I properly create new cultural feats for a modded culture? Apparently it can't be done through XML editing - tried using content searches for keywords containing the feat call lines but haven't been successful at finding any.
I really do appreciate your dedication towards helping in modding :wink:

hello again frenemy! On that note, how can I properly create new cultural feats for a modded culture? Apparently it can't be done through XML editing - tried using content searches for keywords containing the feat call lines but haven't been successful at finding any.
I really do appreciate your dedication towards helping in modding :wink:
AFAIK creating a new feat needs C# coding. spcultures.xml just lists the feats allocated to that culture. So, in xml editing you can add or delete existing feats, but the available pool is limited to those already created.

Here's the source code of an obsolete feat mod https://github.com/wonkotron/Cultur...ixes/Models/CFF_PartySpeedCalculatingModel.cs if you search you may find others.

Those unique prefixes are used to tie default English Language strings to their translated equivalents in the language folders. So, their use depends on whether you intend your mod to be translated or not.
How are these prefixes set so that they do not repeat existing ones?

How are these prefixes set so that they do not repeat existing ones?

Back
Top Bottom