MP Tutorial Scenes Creating a Multiplayer Map - (From Script to Hosting) ((Updated!))

Users who are viewing this thread

could i know where exactly that famous compilling folder is?

You refering to the module system files, or the folder it compiles into?

The module system can be downloaded from the Tale Worlds website downloads area. You have to set the folder (in your mod) for it to compile into.

Hey Guys,

for me it looks like this:

exportdir.jpg

and when i start the batch it shows this error message:

batchx.jpg

I am able to start Python over the "cmd"

i deleted the conversation.txt before starting the batch

anyone maybe see what i could have mistaken ?

greetz kabs

Three things to try I can think of;
1. I have a c:programme but my install is under
c:program
2. I had to put my mod file under \users in win7 to get pyhon to work.
3. Did you copy native folder into modules and rename it your mod?

All I got :smile:

hi man,

for the 1. i just named it as my explorer told me, why should this be another ?

2. your mod file in the /users folder ??????

3. its not native that i copy, its another mod. may this be the problem ?

thanks so far!

kabs

*****EDIT*****

Problem solved!

Only use Python 27 and not any version above :wink:

Another Problem:

if i add a code to a existing map in "scenes.txt" (just to make another terrain for a mod i needed the objects in) it looks like this after elevate the ground to one level and save:

editor.jpg

whats with this square form? its saving and all the other terrain i elevate as same high goes back to normal or random again?

Kabs

Kabs said:
whats with this square form? its saving and all the other terrain i elevate as same high goes back to normal or random again?
bug is because of terrain code not matching sco file.
Redo scene w/o using any old sco file as starting point. Let game generate new sco

I keep getting this...
    ("continue",[],"Continue...",
      [
        (modify_visitors_at_site,"scn_tutorial_training_ground"),
        (reset_visitors, 0),
        (set_player_troop, "trp_player"),
        (assign, "$g_player_troop", "trp_player"),
        (troop_raise_attribute, "$g_player_troop", ca_strength, 12),
        (troop_raise_attribute, "$g_player_troop", ca_agility, 9),
        (troop_raise_attribute, "$g_player_troop", ca_charisma, 5),
        (troop_raise_skill, "$g_player_troop", skl_shield, 3),
        (troop_raise_skill, "$g_player_troop", skl_athletics, 2),
        (troop_raise_skill, "$g_player_troop", skl_riding, 3),
        (troop_raise_skill, "$g_player_troop", skl_power_strike, 1),
        (troop_raise_skill, "$g_player_troop", skl_power_draw, 5),
        (troop_raise_skill, "$g_player_troop", skl_weapon_master, 4),
        (troop_raise_skill, "$g_player_troop", skl_ironflesh, 1),
        (troop_raise_skill, "$g_player_troop", skl_horse_archery, 6),
        (troop_raise_proficiency_linear, "$g_player_troop", wpt_one_handed_weapon, 70),
        (troop_raise_proficiency_linear, "$g_player_troop", wpt_two_handed_weapon, 70),
        (troop_raise_proficiency_linear, "$g_player_troop", wpt_polearm, 70),
        (troop_raise_proficiency_linear, "$g_player_troop", wpt_crossbow, 70),
        (troop_raise_proficiency_linear, "$g_player_troop", wpt_throwing, 70),

(troop_clear_inventory, "$g_player_troop"),
        (troop_add_item, "$g_player_troop","itm_leather_jerkin",0),
        (troop_add_item, "$g_player_troop","itm_leather_boots",0),
        (troop_add_item, "$g_player_troop","itm_practice_sword",0),
        (troop_add_item, "$g_player_troop","itm_quarter_staff",0),
        (troop_equip_items, "$g_player_troop"),
        (set_visitor,0,"trp_player"),
        (set_visitor,32,"trp_tutorial_fighter_1"),
        (set_visitor,33,"trp_tutorial_fighter_2"),
        (set_visitor,34,"trp_tutorial_fighter_3"),
        (set_visitor,35,"trp_tutorial_fighter_4"),
        (set_visitor,40,"trp_tutorial_master_archer"),
        (set_visitor,41,"trp_tutorial_archer_1"),
        (set_visitor,42,"trp_tutorial_archer_1"),
        (set_visitor,60,"trp_tutorial_master_horseman"),
        (set_visitor,61,"trp_tutorial_rider_1"),
        (set_visitor,62,"trp_tutorial_rider_1"),
        (set_visitor,63,"trp_tutorial_rider_2"),
        (set_visitor,64,"trp_tutorial_rider_2"),
        (set_jump_mission,"mt_tutorial_training_ground"),
        (jump_to_scene,"scn_tutorial_training_ground"),
        (change_screen_mission),
        ]),

("go_back_dot",
      [],
      "Go back.",
      [
        (change_screen_quit),
      ]),
########################################
("choose_scene",[],"Scene Chooser",
  [(jump_to_menu, "mnu_choose_scenes_0"),
  ]
  ),
    ]
  ),

Anything?

Plus, after this what do I do?
I keep extracting the scene chooser but it's only a .py file, not an .exe so I can't edit any maps...  <--- Please fix this.

Heres a tip for everyone wanting to make a naval battle scene:

If you want that there is none of that annoying "far landscape" thing, just remove the last bit in the part where your scene is located in scenes.txt. This will make it so that there is no terrain box (Or whatever it is).

EDIT. Im actually just testing this. Will confirm if it works.

EDIT2. Actually, dont do it. My game started mysteriously crashing. May or may not be related, but I wouldnt risk it.

Can someone give me a link to the real quick scene chooser thing? The one on the front page doesn't work, everytime I download it it just comes up with this weird file called "template_tools". I really would like to make a battle map and I'd also appreciate if someone gives me some true info...

GetAssista said:
Kabs said:
bug is because of terrain code not matching sco file.
Redo scene w/o using any old sco file as starting point. Let game generate new sco

How can i let generate a brand new sco in a mod where i dont have any bojects of the mod, when i do as u said ?

no objects becauz it isnt open scource*

Kabs

THis is a vary good lesson it helped a lot but i have the map working in the host map thing but when i try to administrat a pole to change to my map in my clans server nothinng happens when i push start map what do i need to do???

Is your clan server running on another player (or your own) computer using the dedicated server files from M&BW? Or is it on a rented server service like Jest Servers?
If its on a computer running dedicates files then make sure the start script contains the line
set_map [your maps name] along with other selectable maps.
[your map name] being the name you called your map in the module_scripts
  (troop_set_slot, "trp_multiplayer_data", multi_data_maps_for_game_type_begin + 14, "scn_[your map name]"),

If it is running on a server service then the Sample.txt file must be edited via the server control panel bywhoever admins it in the clan. The set_map [your map name] will have to be added to the selectable maps there and the server restarted.

The [your map name].sco file for the map will also have to be present in the sceneobj folder (and any other files needed in their folders) in the module running on the server .  You may also have to edit scene.txt in the mod folder and add your [your map name].sco to it as well.. not sure about that one though.
Found an excellent walk thru thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131475.0.html

MY server is a rented server.
what is the server control panel?

OK i have done everything that that link has said to do and i have redone it still when i go into the server as an admin and push administrat pole my map is right there i can select it and all but when i push start map nothing happens

MY server is a rented server.
what is the server control panel?
I have a jest server and in the TCAdmin panel when I click on my "game servers" icon I get more options and one is "Default config files". Inside the defaul config files is the sample.txt the server runs at start which gives it all its parameters. Your map has to be listed in there under set_map [your map name] or it will not run via the server. You will also need to restart the server once you edit the file for the changes to take place is my understanding as well. Your server company will have a similar way to edit this file.

I can't seem to make a new blank map using the scripts and python. I followed all the instructions and edited the lines I needed in the files and recompiled but nothing happens. I dont see the map anywhere in a hosted game.  Yes my path from module system is pointing to my module folder.

If you followed this thread exactly then you should check the following to make sure it is actually writing to your mod:
Open your mod and look for scene.txt, then look/search for your map name in it. Also look in sceneobj folder of the mod running when you edited the map and look for [your map].sco.
If theses are not there then you are not writing to the mod when saving the map. I had the same problem running under Win7. I had to put my game files inside my c:/user/ directory or mount&blade would not save when I exited. It is a permissions thing with Win7.. its ugly way of doing it.. but it works.

how do you get to the tcadmin panel is it just the andmin thing you see in the menu when you push escape in a game or is it some were eals.

I use Jest Servers.. so not sure about others. On the Jest Servers main page top bar are two small text boxes labelled TCAdmin log-in. One is for username and other is for password. This takes you to the main server controls for your server there.
I think TCAdmin does other servers as well and can probably be accessed via their (TCAdmin's) website.

ok thx for the help
by any chance would you know how to get wings 3d models into the BRF file format that seems to be needed to add 3d models of wepons and outfits into the game
if you can do that can you tell me were i would have to add code into the module system to get the game to read the files corectly

Sooo... what does it mean when you see the map in Admin panel on your server but when you click start game nothing happens.  I made the map from a Ruins map. (first time) I then figured out the correct way to make one and created a quick blank map and renamed the Ruins .sco (scn_multi_scene_1) to that map.  I reinstalled the original Ruins map to get it back.

Everything works fine when its not on the server. It runs Native no modules.  So is it considering my map to be a module even though im using Native?

by any chance would you know how to get wings 3d models into the BRF file format that seems to be needed to add 3d models of wepons and outfits into the game if you can do that can you tell me were i would have to add code into the module system to get the game to read the files corectly
Everything you need to know:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6146.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,112126.0.html
Sooo... what does it mean when you see the map in Admin panel on your server but when you click start game nothing happens.  I made the map from a Ruins map. (first time) I then figured out the correct way to make one and created a quick blank map and renamed the Ruins .sco (scn_multi_scene_1) to that map.  I reinstalled the original Ruins map to get it back.

Everything works fine when its not on the server. It runs Native no modules.  So is it considering my map to be a module even though im using Native?
Did you add it to module_scene as explained earlier in the tutorial?
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_multiplayer_data", multi_data_maps_for_game_type_begin + 7, "scn_mp_colorado"),
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_multiplayer_data", multi_data_maps_for_game_type_begin + 8, "scn_mp_prairie_ridge"),
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_multiplayer_data", multi_data_maps_for_game_type_begin + 9, "scn_coahuila"),
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_multiplayer_data", multi_data_maps_for_game_type_begin + 10, "scn_mountain_fort"),

we have added it in all the files but it need to be added to that admin panle thing you were talking bout but we dont know were or what that is
our server is hosed by  jestservers  and is dedicaded server that we rent i belive if that is posible

Back
Top Bottom