MP Tutorial Scenes Creating a Multiplayer Map - (From Script to Hosting) ((Updated!))

Users who are viewing this thread

The ctl key speed up is not working but by using w,a,s,d and c,e plus left click to orient you can get around pretty good unless the map is huge.
There is a horse if you are making your maps in multiplayer (I followed Turanien's tip about skipping adding scene chooser if your only planning to mod multis and to use the multiplayer server to edit maps). If your in a server you create under multiplayer you can choose one of the faction troops with a horse when you enter. :grin:

ComingWinter did adding scn_ to your file fix your earlier problem?

Got a quick question, in reference to:

Also; if you increase the map size, be sure to increase the number of polygons to 5 otherwise you will encounter problems with map boundaries later.

What problems will it cause? The smaller polygons make such a cleaner terrain. Will ANY map resize beside default have to be changed to 5, or is there a work around through careful terrain building?

Grendal-777 said:
The ctl key speed up is not working but by using w,a,s,d and c,e plus left click to orient you can get around pretty good unless the map is huge.
There is a horse if you are making your maps in multiplayer (I followed Turanien's tip about skipping adding scene chooser if your only planning to mod multis and to use the multiplayer server to edit maps). If your in a server you create under multiplayer you can choose one of the faction troops with a horse when you enter. :grin:

ComingWinter did adding scn_ to your file fix your earlier problem?

Double-tap the w,a,s, and d keys to move faster. It actually works. :wink:

Grendal-777 said:
Got a quick question, in reference to:

Also; if you increase the map size, be sure to increase the number of polygons to 5 otherwise you will encounter problems with map boundaries later.

What problems will it cause? The smaller polygons make such a cleaner terrain. Will ANY map resize beside default have to be changed to 5, or is there a work around through careful terrain building?

Well, I would edit some of my original post after experience has taught me otherwise. It is not crucial to change it to 5, perhaps 2 or 3 would suffice but I did discovered that it physically cuts off most of the map if you create a huge scene with polygon size of 2. I will double check this later tonight to confirm.

Having some trouble getting my head around spawn points and can't find a good multiplayer answer anywhere.

Does this also apply to team death match:
0-For Deathmatch:
You have to place entry points  0 - 64 so that people won't spawn on random places

If so do I need to create 0-32 numbered entry points on one end, and 33-64 numbered entry points on the other?
Is there anyway to combine points.. by putting another number in the second box of the entry point? Or is that box for something else?

There isn't a good step by step explanation of spawn/entry points for warband multiplayer games made yet (that I could find) and I can't get my head around them.. ladders yes.. spawn no. mainly because I am only testing it solo and not a lot of spawning happening. :O

If you want to make a TDM map, I think you have to place all 0-64 spawn points. I however don't know if they are divided in two teams (like in battle and some other modes)  or not.

A simple way to do this is keeping in add object mode in the editor and placing entry points one by one. Each entry point you will place like that will receive the smallest available value. Thus you are not bound to edit each entry point value, but you create them in 0,1,2,3... order.

Just run a "server" and launch your map with bots to test spawn points.

The second box is useless I think.

Hey, I'm having a problem with this. I am trying to make custom maps, and after I set up the export dir in modules_info.py, and then delete "conversations.txt" and then build the module, all of the text files are placed into my mountblade warband/Modules folder instead of mountblade warband/Modules/Mod folder.

During the building process, it exports everything just fine, just to the wrong place and with the wrong names.

It looks like this:

borked.jpg

Halp.

Check the path in the module system that you pointed your python to. It sounds like you asked to compile everything to the place it is at right now.

ComingWinter said:
Check the path in the module system that you pointed your python to. It sounds like you asked to compile everything to the place it is at right now.

You mean the export path in module_info.py in the Module System folder?

That's perfectly fine. It's pointing straight at my module's folder.

This is what I have in module_info.py:

Code:
# Point export_dir to the folder you will be keeping your module
# Make sure you use forward slashes (/) and NOT backward slashes (\)

export_dir = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/mountblade warband/Modules/AoFI_custommaps"
#export_dir = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/mountblade warband/Modules/AoFI_custommaps"

What version of Windows are you using?
I use Win 7 and had problems with python and default Steam folder. I put my mod in "My Documents" under my User folder in C: and then copy/pasted it into my Steam directory to test changes.

I later did a second install of M&B inside my Users folder to be clear of Steams auto-update which is suspected in causing some mod crashes. C:\Users\myname\mount & blade\ and now I just have my modules point to that and it all works perfect for me.

Not sure if this helps you, but its all I got. :grin:

Grendal-777 said:
What version of Windows are you using?
I use Win 7 and had problems with python and default Steam folder. I put my mod in "My Documents" under my User folder in C: and then copy/pasted it into my Steam directory to test changes.

I later did a second install of M&B inside my Users folder to be clear of Steams auto-update which is suspected in causing some mod crashes. C:\Users\myname\mount & blade\ and now I just have my modules point to that and it all works perfect for me.

Not sure if this helps you, but its all I got. :grin:

Windows 7 64-bit. I'll try what you suggested.

It just did the same thing: dumped all of the .txt files exported from building the module into my Users/Paris folder, every single one with "AoFIcustommaps" put in front of the names.

And second edit, but how does one go creating a second install? Just copy-paste the mountblade warband folder in my Steamapps folder into users/paris?

It just did the same thing: dumped all of the .txt files exported from building the module into my Users/Paris folder, every single one with "AoFIcustommaps" put in front of the names.

And second edit, but how does one go creating a second install? Just copy-paste the mountblade warband folder in my Steamapps folder into users/paris?

I use 32-bit but that shouldn't be causing the problem. Did you make it so it added the "AoFIcustommaps" in front of each file name? Mine appear just like native files. If you didn't, that may be a hint at the problem , if you did.. how? :grin:

Also, what version of python are you using?

Lastly... my default install name is "Mount&Blade Warband" in file path, not "mountblade warband".

To make a second install just go to the Mount & Blade website and download the game and install it where you like it to be.
Now go into your steam client and select mount & blade in the games list (just click it, not start it), look to right side to panel for "links" list and choose "CD Key". This is your Mount & Blade serial key. Just start up your new install of M&B and if prompted plug the key into the upgrade to full version pop-up window (mine didn't prompt, just auto-updated serial key, but key is nice if you want to install on another computer).

@APSOD:
Try here, this might help your problem with darkening scene:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,25311.msg620493.html#msg620493

Grendal-777 said:

I use 32-bit but that shouldn't be causing the problem. Did you make it so it added the "AoFIcustommaps" in front of each file name? Mine appear just like native files. If you didn't, that may be a hint at the problem , if you did.. how? :grin:

Also, what version of python are you using?

Lastly... my default install name is "Mount&Blade Warband" in file path, not "mountblade warband".

To make a second install just go to the Mount & Blade website and download the game and install it where you like it to be.
Now go into your steam client and select mount & blade in the games list (just click it, not start it), look to right side to panel for "links" list and choose "CD Key". This is your Mount & Blade serial key. Just start up your new install of M&B and if prompted plug the key into the upgrade to full version pop-up window (mine didn't prompt, just auto-updated serial key, but key is nice if you want to install on another computer).

@APSOD:
Try here, this might help your problem with darkening scene:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,25311.msg620493.html#msg620493

I changed no settings to put the name of the mod in front of the text files. The only file I touched is module_info.py.

I have Python 2.7.

The install path in steam calls it "mountblade warband" but then installer from TaleWorlds does call it "Mount&Blade Warband."

I'm installing the M&B Warband client from TaleWorlds right now. Hopefully it will fix this issue...

* EDIT *

Wow, I just fixed it. My export path in the module_info file was "C:/Program Files (x86)/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/AoFIcustommaps" when it should have been "C:/Program Files (x86)/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/AoFIcustommaps/".

DAT SLASH!

lol didn't even notice that either!
Congrats on getting it working right.

Ok, I have been working with spawn points in a death match map and am even more confused than before. :smile:

I placed half (0-32) on one side of the map and the other half (33-64) on the opposite. I then spawned a couple dozen times changing faction. The doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the spawning. One faction will spawn on say 14, but then later spawn on 58! One thing I have noticed is they don't seem to be spawning on the same number as each other. I may have to go through one by one and find out which number entry point is associated with which faction in DM.. if so this is contradictory to everything I have read on the forums.. any have any idea what is going on?

Deathmatch is random spawning between 0 - 64.

Battle spawn points use #0 and #32 for teams 1 and 2.

My bad, I meant team death match, it seems that team death match ones are random as well though.

I will look into the battle map, it may be more what I am looking for.

Is there an easy way to make "battle" respawn on death without adding bots to the game?

Back
Top Bottom