In Progress Crashes in 30 seconds

Users who are viewing this thread

That would be amazing, I was making a campaign in my youtube channel and had to stop it due to the crash!!

Here is my savegame in google drive and mega:
1- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HYscBHPrktAba-kIu_A5ciw5oIcxrnvt
2- https://mega.nz/file/pt4XGCKC#Bpmj5jNhlD0vgm-mTrEJNafxQSR1W41-7MGBLpbjnTw

And here my video of the crash taking place many times in case it helps:

I have tried the following:
I installed the game on a different pc, I loaded my save and tried to continue.
The game crashes after 30 seconds.
That means the issue is not the PC but the save file, something is happening that crashes the game after walking for around 30 seconds.

I have tried the following:
I installed the game on a different pc, I loaded my save and tried to continue.
The game crashes after 30 seconds.
That means the issue is not the PC but the save file, something is happening that crashes the game after walking for around 30 seconds.

Have you tried limiting the frame rate as a temporary fix?

Yeah, I really don't know why either the KERNELBASE error or the "Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log" should be related to the game crashing. But I had the same issues as you yesterday with the game crashing every 2-4 minutes.

Then I created the folder system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\ on my system, I did the regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll command and after that, the game works perfectly again.

EDIT: My game was also crashing during custom battle. So if your game is not, it's probably not the same issue. Might just be the save file then.
This sounds like you had the issue I presently have. I am trying to replicate what you did, but I have no idea what you mean when you say you did "regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll" command. I tried googling it and it wasn't any help. Is this something I should type as a run command after I create the "TileDataLayer\Database\" folder?

Same issue here. I'm not sure if it's exactly 30 seconds but...

With and without the mods enabled, a few seconds after I load the game and run around in world map—it freezes, then crashes. If I have the game paused in world map, it doesn't crash... it only happens when the time moves forward.

Last edited:

With and without the mods enabled, a few seconds after I loud the game and run around in world map—it freezes, then crashes. If I have the game paused in world map, it doesn't crash... it only happens when the time moves forward.
Yeah that is pretty much my issue, it is not exactly 30 seconds, it just happens when walking around the map for a few seconds, if you don't move it does not crash

With and without the mods enabled, a few seconds after I load the game and run around in world map—it freezes, then crashes. If I have the game paused in world map, it doesn't crash... it only happens when the time moves forward.
Yeah that is pretty much my issue, it is not exactly 30 seconds, it just happens when walking around the map for a few seconds, if you don't move it does not crash

Same problem me to. Our save file are broken.

I... found out what was the problem and I'm like 100% sure it won't be the same with you. Some mod caused my newly born child to spawn outside of the map, so when she turns like 1 year old... the game crashes :grin:

The children are not supposed to be spawned anywhere on map till they turn 18, so the mod did that... causing my game to crash after some roaming. The problems you're facing are perhaps caused by one of the mods as well

Last edited:
I... found out what was the problem and I'm like 100% sure it won't be the same with you. Some mod caused my newly born child to spawn outside of the map, so when she turns like 1 year old... the game crashes :grin:

The children are not supposed to be spawned anywhere on map till they turn 18, so the mod did that... causing my game to crash after some roaming. The problems you're facing are perhaps caused by one of the mods as well

no mod is installed

So out of curiosity; does anyone else see this error pop up in Event Viewer when Bannerlord crashes?

I also get the EDB.log error in windows event viewer after a Bannerlord crash, and have had the Kernell error after crashes too.

Others errors in event viewer after crashes/system lockups:
Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} and name CEventSystem cannot be started. [0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress.]

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress..

Last edited:
I found the issue!! @uçanbiblo in my case the problem comes from ANY of the Imperial cities.
If either me or another faction on the map captures any imperial city the game crashes. I want to use a console command to kill the empire, but unfortunately there are only commands to kill non imperial factions.
storymode.destroy_all_anti_imperial_kingdoms_except_player_kingdom

EDIT: Fighting looters also crashes my game, I can't attack them personally or send my troops, I just need to ignore them.

Here is my save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HYscBHPrktAba-kIu_A5ciw5oIcxrnvt

Last edited:
I found the issue!! @uçanbiblo in my case the problem comes from ANY of the Imperial cities.
If either me or another faction on the map captures any imperial city the game crashes. I want to use a console command to kill the empire, but unfortunately there are only commands to kill non imperial factions.
storymode.destroy_all_anti_imperial_kingdoms_except_player_kingdom

EDIT: Fighting looters also crashes my game, I can't attack them personally or send my troops, I just need to ignore them.

Here is my save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HYscBHPrktAba-kIu_A5ciw5oIcxrnvt
Thank you for the save file. I have forwarded it to the devs and i am sure it will come in quite handy.

Hi @uçanbiblo
I have had the same issue with my game for the past week. I haven't been able to play it for more than 30 seconds at all. I have been reading this thread daily to see if there is any update. I read what @Hugothester said. So vai the developer console mod i enabled the ability to see all units on the map and i went searching. I found the Vlandia taking a Western Empire castle. I watched for about 10 seconds and then the game crashes. I managed to take a screenshot of the crash HERE
I never managed to catch the castle itself being taken as the games crashes before then

EDIT: I used the developer console tomake peace between Vlandia and the Western Empire. The game still crashed. :sad:

I had similar issues with the game crashing every 5 min. Then I noticed this error (in Windows Event Viewer) was often assocaited with it:

"svchost (7204,R,98 ) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log."

I created the folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\ which fixed the issue reported in Event Viewer. It also seemed to make my game stop crashing. I find it hard to believe that the two issues are linked in any way, but since fixing the EDB.log issue, I can now play the game again.

So out of curiosity; does anyone else see this error pop up in Event Viewer when Bannerlord crashes?

I'll report back if my game crashes again but so far it's been stable ~30 minutes.

Weird, I had this error popping up a lot as well - Same issue, seemed to be freezing after ~30 seconds on campaign map. Did you have to create two folders or just one? I didn't have TileDataLayer or Database.

Weird, I had this error popping up a lot as well - Same issue, seemed to be freezing after ~30 seconds on campaign map. Did you have to create two folders or just one? I didn't have TileDataLayer or Database.
I created both folders and that fixed the issue. I still can't see how it should be related to Bannerlord crashing, however.

@uçanbiblo Merhabalar , ben tüm konu başlıklarında verdiğiniz cevapları inceledim. Ben de birkaç gündür oyun içinde ana haritada hareket ederken birkaç saniye içinde oyun donuyor ve atıyor. önerdiğniz gibi steamapps klasöründeki bannerlord.exe üzerinden de denedim gene aynı durum. buraya kayıt dosyasını da dxdiag dosyasını da yüklüyorum. Mail adresim [email protected] umarım bunu çözersiniz yoksa en baştan başlamak hiç cazip gelmiyor ve aynı sorunun tekrarlanmayacağı da belli değil. Boşuna yani.
Buyrun istediğiniz dosyalar DXDIAG VE SAVE DOSYASI

Back
Top Bottom