Crash Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

nilloc93 said:
i just used the mod on my XP patrition and it crashed

i don't think it has to do with quallity cause with a 2.4 GHZ duel core and 3.0gig memory and a nvidea 9800 gt i still crashed on a battle with 45 guys withought a shot being fired (dem caravan guards are so much fun  :twisted:)

thus there must be an error of some kind in the code

its rather odd that i was able to play for so long before this started but
Did you try updating drivers and such? Maybe even check the Nvidia forums about that card. Nvidia is known for not knowing how to realize the potential of there own equipment, such that they can't even operate on Vista's code very efficiently to keep up with ATI (Which Nvidia was just bought out by ATI not too long ago because Nvidia couldn't handle the new code...)

EDIT: I forgot to add that I don't like the way Mount & Blade does their graphics in the first place. The built-in game graphics engine (As opposed to some games) really doesn't ask for much, but leaves you limited in the graphics options due to... I'm guessing it is the Security system on it? But, Directx 9 is perfectly capable of supporting SW TnL functions, and at better performance from Directx 7, but sadly... It's a douche about it....

Ebin said:
nilloc93 said:
i just used the mod on my XP patrition and it crashed

i don't think it has to do with quallity cause with a 2.4 GHZ duel core and 3.0gig memory and a nvidea 9800 gt i still crashed on a battle with 45 guys withought a shot being fired (dem caravan guards are so much fun  :twisted:)

thus there must be an error of some kind in the code

its rather odd that i was able to play for so long before this started but
Did you try updating drivers and such? Maybe even check the Nvidia forums about that card. Nvidia is known for not knowing how to realize the potential of there own equipment, such that they can't even operate on Vista's code very efficiently to keep up with ATI (Which Nvidia was just bought out by ATI not too long ago because Nvidia couldn't handle the new code...)

EDIT: I forgot to add that I don't like the way Mount & Blade does their graphics in the first place. The built-in game graphics engine (As opposed to some games) really doesn't ask for much, but leaves you limited in the graphics options due to... I'm guessing it is the Security system on it? But, Directx 9 is perfectly capable of supporting SW TnL functions, and at better performance from Directx 7, but sadly... It's a douche about it....

i update my drivers on a weekly basis.

Venitius said:
LISTEN. THE PATCHES ONLY AFFECT FPS, NOT CRASHES.

THANK YOU it annoys me when the solution to everything is "get the low quallity patch"

if a game is crashing its not about how powerful your computer is but an d error/bug otherwise your game would LAG then crash

I had the same crash problem too.  The game would crash shortly after combat began, making it almost unplayable :sad:.  The funny thing is, when I installed Venitius' napoleonic addon (0.2), I didn't have the problem.  Maybe you could try it out?

Yep, Venitius' 0.2 addon pack definately solves the problem. I wanted to be sure, so I deleted my RoR module folder and replaced with the orginal RoR version, and when I started a new game and got into a fight, M&B crashed. Then I unziped Venitius' pack into my RoR folder, and then started a new game and... the problem was gone!

Here's the link:
Venitius said:
ANNOUNCING:- Napoleonic Units Add-on Pack v.2

Link (v.0.2 (NEW))= http://www.filefront.com/14321057/Venitius%27%20Add-on%20pack.zip
Please install this fix after installing v.0.2.

zyzyx said:
Yep, Venitius' 0.2 addon pack definately solves the problem. I wanted to be sure, so I deleted my RoR module folder and replaced with the orginal RoR version, and when I started a new game and got into a fight, M&B crashed. Then I unziped Venitius' pack into my RoR folder, and then started a new game and... the problem was gone!

Here's the link:
Venitius said:
ANNOUNCING:- Napoleonic Units Add-on Pack v.2

Link (v.0.2 (NEW))= http://www.filefront.com/14321057/Venitius%27%20Add-on%20pack.zip
Please install this fix after installing v.0.2.

Yes! It works!

No matter what i do it crashes during every single battle. Ive downloaded the Units addon thing. Low Quality. Downloaded the fix for the unit thing. Tried turning graphics down to nothing. Every single battle crashes me. (Yeah im on vista) :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am playing high quality with the units addon, highest graphics and 300 battle size on vista. No crashes.

Back
Top Bottom