Crash Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Ive lurked around the forums for a long time, and finally created an account cause this mod seems SO damn fun, but I cannot seem to run it with any degree of stability.

Most battle I advance under fire, get an epic opening volley off, then charge into combat only to crash. Stability increases at minimum settings and at battle size 100 (rather than my usual 250) but its still not crash free.

Im at a loss, as I can run the game (and all other mods) at highest settings with 250 man battles with up to 30-40fps. Right now Im on dx7 mode, with small ugly looking battles.

Is there any particular setting that effects this, or any known work arounds?

No ill give it a try today.

I was hoping for some sort of fix thatll let me run the game at normal settings, but if the low quality  patch allows me to run larger battles, i can sstand crummy graphics.

There is a fix that removes smoke ENTIRELY. The low quality is just the density and how long the smoke stays I think.

ahh is it the smoke that causes the problems? thats a shame, as I liked how it stayed around  for a while. But id prefer stability and decent looking uniforms for now!

I DLed the low quality patch, but where do I extract the txt file to?

btw thx for the really rapid response man

it doesnt work.  i am afraid you guys are gonna just have to remove smoke next version or make the next release low quality smoke, because i have DLd the low quality patch AND added the txt. and it doesnt work.

I have exactly the same problem. Normally I can play 500 unit battles with all graphic settings maxed, but in this mod a simple 25 vs 13 made my game crash 3 times in a row. (no preceding lag or drop in fps, just suddenly I get to see my desktop instead of the battlefield).

Very annoying since I really love this mod so far.

EDIT: Just tried to fight 15 battles (used the teleport cheat for testing quickly) and they all crashed before the realy fighting even begins.
None of the battles had more than 55 men in it.
I installed the low quality patch but no, it still crashes EVERY time :sad:
Please look into this, as it really ruins a great mod for me.

Are all of you using Vista? I'm using a rig from 2005 with XP SP2, and I get no crashes whatsoever unless I do something wrong with the files.

Venitius said:
Are all of you using Vista? I'm using a rig from 2005 with XP SP2, and I get no crashes whatsoever unless I do something wrong with the files.
Yes I am using vista. I'll try it in compatibility mode now, thx for the idea.

EDIT: May be coincidence, but on normal vista it crashed as soon as one gun is fired and with XP SP2 Compatibility I got well past halfway the battle (again, not even 50 men).

This is driving me nuts, I really want to play this mod :sad:
You guys know any other mod like this one I could play meanwhile? (featuring troops with guns from the same age as AoB, no modern machine gun bs)

So far, these things did NOT solve the problem:
- Reboot (lol, y'know)
- Use compatibility mode
- Patch with low quality
- Bang head on keyboard

vista is problem. I have XP sp3 and i have ****ty comp, really decent graphic in game 100 man in fight and it has never crashed.ofcourse, it breaks alot becouse of smoke

i just used the mod on my XP patrition and it crashed

i don't think it has to do with quallity cause with a 2.4 GHZ duel core and 3.0gig memory and a nvidea 9800 gt i still crashed on a battle with 45 guys withought a shot being fired (dem caravan guards are so much fun  :twisted:)

thus there must be an error of some kind in the code

its rather odd that i was able to play for so long before this started but

I just played TEATRC which also features loads of guns with smoke.
Battles with over 400 units (nearly all of them having guns) are no problem.
I don't know if it's the same smoke effect used in AoB, but it kinda looks like it.

Back
Top Bottom