Resolved Crash on losing an army battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: Crash on losing an army battle (joined with an army)
How to Reproduce
: Join army, lose battle
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
GPU Driver Version: 456.38
CPU: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V? Not sure
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):HDD WD Blue 4TB

- Reasons
Source: TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.ViewModelCollection
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
- Inner exception
Source: No module
No inner exception was thrown
- Callstacks
Protip: Use a debugger like dnSpy or Visual studio to trace the source of error, by stepping the program line by line.
Inner exception callstack:No inner exception was thrown
Outer exception callstack: at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.ViewModelCollection.GameMenu.EncounterMenuOverlayVM..ctor()
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection.GameMenu.GameMenuOverlay.GetOverlay(MenuOverlayType menuOverlayType)
at SandBox.GauntletUI.Menu.GauntletMenuOverlayBase.OnInitialize()
at SandBox.View.Menu.MenuViewContext.AddMenuView[T](Object[] parameters)
at SandBox.View.Menu.MenuViewContext.CheckAndInitializeOverlay()
at SandBox.View.Menu.MenuViewContext.TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.IMenuContextHandler.OnMenuCreate()
at SandBox.View.Menu.MenuViewContext..ctor(ScreenBase screen, MenuContext menuContext)
at SandBox.View.Map.MapScreen.EnterMenuContext(MenuContext menuContext)
at SandBox.View.Map.MapScreen.UpdateMenuView()
at SandBox.View.Map.MapScreen.OnFrameTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Engine.Screens.ScreenBase.FrameTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Engine.Screens.ScreenManager.Tick_Patch1(Single dt)
- Installed mods
Hide taleworlds dll

Hi, can you try to recreate this crash without mods? To make sure that this is not mod-related, please remove all mods, verify your game files and recreate this on an unmodded new campaign. You can follow this article for instructions. You can read our statement regaridng modding related issues here.

Uuuuummmmmm, Hi, sorry, uuuhhhhhh, no? I love mods. If I do run into it on an unmodded game, will let you know. But even before buying your game, I checked the mods. It is one of the main reasons I purchased and recommend your game.

The game being on Early Access and under constant development, outdated mods often cause issues with new updates and corrupt save files. Can you send a report through the crash uploader and post the crash report ID here?

If you could let me know where the executable for the CrashUploader is, maybe I can set it to run as administrator and see if that fixes it.

It's located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\CrashUploader.Publish" and named "CrashUploader.Publish".

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom