In Progress Crash at startup, followed the guide but nothing has worked thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

I have the same problem as mentioned above. Now I found out that NVIDIA 445.75 driver is broken. Because my other games are also have pixelation problem. Eventhough, I installed the older driver, the problem persist. Only pixelations are göne. I still have d3d error.

im afraid my game is still kinda broken, reinstaling the graphics drivers did help, as it fixed one out of my two errors and made the loading screen not look like a chess table, but im still getting this error:

unknown.png

i dont have a onedrive, the game is installed on a seperate harddrive but i havent had any problems with that so fa, i found he engine config file but setting the settings to the above didnt help, sorry for the late respons but i was busy for a while and all the help is appreciated

(just now realised there was 2 pages, so yeah, most likely im having the same issue as Furkizbey)

Last edited:
im afraid my game is still kinda broken, reinstaling the graphics drivers did help, as it fixed one out of my two errors and made the loading screen not look like a chess table, but im still getting this error:

unknown.png

i dont have a onedrive, the game is installed on a seperate harddrive but i havent had any problems with that so fa, i found he engine config file but setting the settings to the above didnt help, sorry for the late respons but i was busy for a while and all the help is appreciated

(just now realised there was 2 pages, so yeah, most likely im having the same issue as Furkizbey)

Revert the engine_config back to default this is something to do with the graphics card. Can you try updating your .NET? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...net-framework-4-7-2-web-installer-for-windows

i have deleted the engine config file (not sure if there is a better way to set it back to default) and validated game files and then launched the game and im afraid it didnt do anything, i also tried updating the .NET but i get this popup telling me that i already have the latest version:

unknown.png

the english translation of the swedish above is:

the instalation is not being made, information on why is displayed below

.NET Framework 4.7.2 or a newer version is already installed on the computer.

i also suspect it has something to do with the graphics card but im unsure as to exactly what, thank you for the help it is very appreciated

i have deleted the engine config file (not sure if there is a better way to set it back to default) and validated game files and then launched the game and im afraid it didnt do anything, i also tried updating the .NET but i get this popup telling me that i already have the latest version:

unknown.png

the english translation of the swedish above is:

the instalation is not being made, information on why is displayed below

.NET Framework 4.7.2 or a newer version is already installed on the computer.

i also suspect it has something to do with the graphics card but im unsure as to exactly what, thank you for the help it is very appreciated

What graphics card do you have and what software do you use to update the drivers?

my grapihcs card is GK Asus PCIe Dual GTX 1660 and i use Geforce exeperience to update them

thanks a lot for the help btw, realy appreciated

Last edited:
Np man, don't have to thank me :grin: Anyway, when you installed your drivers, did you select the Peform a clean install option? Also, can you try manually updating your directx https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

im afraid this didnt work ethier, compleatly uninstalld all drivers and preformed a manual instalation where i clicked the clean install button, and i have already tried to update Directx about 4 or so times. and it has been blocked since "i already have this or a newer version of directx installed"

im afraid this didnt work ethier, compleatly uninstalld all drivers and preformed a manual instalation where i clicked the clean install button, and i have already tried to update Directx about 4 or so times. and it has been blocked since "i already have this or a newer version of directx installed"

Can you try this

If this doesn't work, after googling "getdeviceremovedreason" I've found multiple people with similar issues like yours. (Example, Example 2) Among the multiple of fixes one of those people fixed the issue by removing GeForce Exprience and the other by removing the driver completely and launching the game, which shows the possibility that the game isn't compatible with the CURRENT version of your driver, and downgrading to an older version might help.

This is your graphics card https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1660-O6G-EVO/ right?

Alright, to downgrade:

1. Go to here https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1660-O6G-EVO/HelpDesk_Download/
2. Select your OS version.
3. Under VGA click Show All and download the older Version 419.35 driver.
4. Uninstall graphic driver.
5. Install the driver you downloaded and launch the game.

Can you try this

If this doesn't work, after googling "getdeviceremovedreason" I've found multiple people with similar issues like yours. (Example, Example 2) Among the multiple of fixes one of those people fixed the issue by removing GeForce Exprience and the other by removing the driver completely and launching the game, which shows the possibility that the game isn't compatible with the CURRENT version of your driver, and downgrading to an older version might help.

This is your graphics card https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1660-O6G-EVO/ right?

Alright, to downgrade:

1. Go to here https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1660-O6G-EVO/HelpDesk_Download/
2. Select your OS version.
3. Under VGA click Show All and download the older Version 419.35 driver.
4. Uninstall graphic driver.
5. Install the driver you downloaded and launch the game.

i have tried all the above and it doesnt seem to work, the new driver doesnt want to download due to it not being compatible with my windows version, sorry for the late response but i have kind lost hope at this point, waiting for the gpu fix that is now in thier known issues, thank you so much for all your help but this is just extremly frustrating, as i have sunk a good 10+ hours into trying to fix this at this point and it doesnt seem to be moving anywhere

the fact that this is one of the most viewed threads on the Crash reports sub-section of the forum and that a dev has yet to respond with anything certainly doesnt help ethier, especially when every single thread around it has gotten a response, just a simple we know the issue or we are working to fix it would go a long way, esspecially since it atleast 2 people that have this issue and this thread has been on there for a good 20 days now

the fact that this is one of the most viewed threads on the Crash reports sub-section of the forum and that a dev has yet to respond with anything certainly doesnt help ethier, especially when every single thread around it has gotten a response, just a simple we know the issue or we are working to fix it would go a long way, esspecially since it atleast 2 people that have this issue and this thread has been on there for a good 20 days now

The problem is that it's probably something related to your software or hardware, but most likely software and it's probably something due to the driver version, or something related to the graphics card, or your Windows specifically. It's not really possible for them to fix this as it's out of their reach. When you have so many players running without that specific issue and you can find multiple similar issues online not related to the game its mostly safe to assume the issue is on the users side. However, I might be wrong, we will see.

Hello @momcilo94
Firstly, thank you for all your advice. Secondly, quick question: my engine_config default settings in Documents were already set to your suggested changes. Is that unusual and if so could you please post your engine_config settings so I can revert it to a working state? Or maybe I should just leave it as it is.

Mine hasn't got a response.

Working fine until the last patch, no longer does if started from the launcher. I've started from bannerlord.exe but I'm not playing the game through there as I want to use mods.

Its not my graphics or my windows version, both are up to date, the game was working absolutely tip top until the latest patch.

Hello @momcilo94
Firstly, thank you for all your advice. Secondly, quick question: my engine_config default settings in Documents were already set to your suggested changes. Is that unusual and if so could you please post your engine_config settings so I can revert it to a working state? Or maybe I should just leave it as it is.

Leave it as it is if you didn't touch anything :grin:

Mine hasn't got a response.

Working fine until the last patch, no longer does if started from the launcher. I've started from bannerlord.exe but I'm not playing the game through there as I want to use mods.

Its not my graphics or my windows version, both are up to date, the game was working absolutely tip top until the latest patch.

What error do you get when crashing?

Hi all,
Please be assured that none of the threads goes unnoticed or ignored. We and the developers are all aware of the crash-related issues and this includes all types (launcher, white screen, mid-game, CTDs, quest related, all of them). If you look here, you will see that some of the crash-related issues are already fixed. We constantly monitor the crash issues on here and constantly direct them to the developers, and these issues are not ignored. If your questions are not being answered, it isn't because we ignore them, it is because of the huge workloads each of us has our share of due to the early access release. The "Known Issues" and "Fixed Issues & Crashes" topics will be constantly updated for you guys, and in the meantime, we all do our best to answer all of the threads. If you are still experiencing the issue after the latest patch please let us know.

Back
Top Bottom