Version number
e1.8
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

DennisIsHere

Recruit
Summary: When I was crafting weapons to unlock new parts I got a message, that I unlocked a new part. But then when I checked that part, it was still locked. I tried it several times with different weapon types and the result was still the same. It seems to me that the only way how to get new parts is just to smelt a weapon and hope that I would get something new, but that does not work 100% as well.
In the video, provided below, I was crafting axes and eventually I got a message that I got a new pommel. But when I checked that pommel, it was still locked.
How to Reproduce: Craft any weapon.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No.
Scene Name (if related): Not related.
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660, NVIDIA DirectX: 12.0
GPU Driver Version: 516.94
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
RAM: 16,0 GB
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd; B450 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B86), Version: 1.0
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD: 931 GB; SSD: 232 GB

I'm having the exact same problem. Leaving the smithy and entering it again doesn't always work.
It's very annoying because I can barely build any weapon with level 2 parts even tho my skills are at 125+.
Also, it seems like crafting weapons and smelting them often unlocks parts that the player seems to have already unlocked.
Playing on e1.8.0 with no mods.
I've looked in the forum's past threads and it looks like people marked the problem as solved with the last hotfix at this link, but apparently it didn't work.

Last edited:
I've just tried to craft or smelt weapons untill I got a message about a new part. I checked the part, this time it was a handle, and it was locked. Then I exited the forge and even the town, entered the forge again and it was still locked. :sad:

I have successfully bypassed this issue by changing "free crafting" to a different weapon tree, then coming back to the one where the new part is.

For instance, if I got a new part by crafting a 2-handed sword, and I want to use it immediately (or at least see it!), I'll switch to, say "1-handed Sword", and then switch right back to 2-handed sword. This forces the "known" list to reload and the new part shows up.

Im my curent playthrough, I can't learn recipes at all for 2h axes and pikes/polearms.... probably tied to the same bug.

Back
Top Bottom