Countdown to 268 B.C. v1.98 for WARBAND (updated 6/3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
read up a bit on the nabs. Basically it seems their trade empire started out as a kind of protection racket/service organization.
I.E you paid them, and in exchange you didn't get your caravan raided, and they'd help you survive the ****ty climate. I think it'd be cool to give them 'arab raider' style troops- similar to nomadic cavalry types but distinct. Light horse archers and javelin cav, and strong multi-purpose medium cavalry. No armored horses, because they're desert troops.

alright, we've got a recruitment system in progress.

each of the 23 factions can have a maximum of 5 trees each. Although I wont be using that many on all the factions, it gives flex room to work on regional and merc troops.

23 factions at 5 trees is 115 different top tier units  :shock:  32 unit slots in my army, less 17 companions and me, leaves 14 available.  Or 8 totally different all elite armies plus some leftovers.  Definitely going to want a castle in each region stocked with regional troops and travel between them with companions only. 

WANT!!!!!! :cool:

Alright.

Added Highlanders own kingdom faction. Thanks to SPQR for prepping the package.

I'm thinking I wont give player kingdoms access to other factions elite troops, that way players will still have incentive to join factions.

I may add some unique units to the player kingdom though.

How would you go about deciding what type of culture the player's unique kingdom would belong to? I suppose you could give a wide range of units to cover all the bases, but then it would allow for a very powerful army indeed.

I know modders hate to be told to add more scripting, but is it possible that whatever is the first city the player captures, that city's previous owner's unit roster would be adapted? So, in theory, you begin your rise to fame by taking Carthaginian towns, so you adapt to using Carthaginian recruits and armament.

well the player will get access to their villages which will give them the first tier tree. I dont want to give them more than that, with the exception of the trees I will assign for the player kingdom.

Any news with this? Man I just cant wait to play hegemony..checking forums each hour for some news lol

Quick Correction!
After re-reading Morris-Jones Welsh Grammar Historical and Comparative, the mounted men should be called Marcacu in the singular, not Marcacos - the plural is correct but the singular isn't.
:oops:

Elmetiacos said:
Quick Correction!
After re-reading Morris-Jones Welsh Grammar Historical and Comparative, the mounted men should be called Marcacu in the singular, not Marcacos - the plural is correct but the singular isn't.
:oops:

K.

Fortunately I havent got around to renaming the units yet  :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom