Countdown to 268 B.C. v1.98 for WARBAND (updated 6/3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren said:
Well there is much job to do, I wish you the best of luck with it! :smile:

Yes there is. Thanks though  :wink:

ultimaratioregum said:
hm well if you're going with light troops, that reminds me of something I suggested a while ago.. did you ever test out giving light troops extremely high athletics/riding skill so that they can skirmish properly?

Well they are somewhat setup like that in the current 268 B.C.. Armor weighs a little more, and many of the skirmisher troops already have ath bonuses.

If I could write code, id set it to where they would get bonuses in desert terrain. However thats just not one of my talents.

Reverend Joe said:
Is it too late to suggest the 300 Spartans be left in as an easter egg?  In other words, unrecruitable as they were in the last release, so to access them you would have to make them recruitable yourself?  Or are (were) they just too much of a waste of space?

I guess it's not an unreasonable request, although I dont think i'll have the materials left to compose those units, as I am condensing alot of sheets to get the most out of them.

Lord Richard Dudley said:
Would we see the re-implementation of things like Hollywood 300 Spartans as an optional addon/expansion download?

I fell confident that the player will have a wide assortment of revised equipment to fill those needs.

Elmetiacos said:
What names are the Gauls to have, Gaulish or Latin? Need any help with the former?

I think I tried to provide some vaguely Gaulish names but they're all from a really out of date dictionary, and I'm not 100% sure if they were pluralized and what not correctly. Provide him with Gaulish names, hurray. It'll look cooler.

Somairle said:
Elmetiacos said:
What names are the Gauls to have, Gaulish or Latin? Need any help with the former?

I think I tried to provide some vaguely Gaulish names but they're all from a really out of date dictionary, and I'm not 100% sure if they were pluralized and what not correctly. Provide him with Gaulish names, hurray. It'll look cooler.
I've got the following suggestions:
For the initial recruits, I woudn't bother with a special name, just call them Gaulish Levy or Levied Gauls...
Spearmen (EB Gaelaiche)  - Gaisovassos (pl. Gaisovassi)  - it means "spear vassals"; there's a Celtiberian equivalent
-EB Botroas swordsmen - Cledonets (pl. Cledonedes) - would mean "sword fighter" from proto-Celtic *kledo- *neits-
-- EB Curepos Light Cavalry - Marcacos (pl. Marcacones) - "riders" same as the Brigantes' unit (Welsh marchog(ion))
-- Heavy Cavalry (EB Brihentin which is Old Welsh for "King") - Epoualos (pl. Epouali) would mean "Horse Lords" (<*ekwo- *walo-)
-- Elite Swordsmen (EB Solduros) Cledouiros (pl. Cledouiri) would mean "Sword heroes" (<*kledo- *wiro-)
---Gaesatae - Gaisata (pl. Gaisatas) this is my guess at the original word. Others think *gaisatis instead...
-Skirmishers (EB Gaeroas) - Sriatos (pl. Sriati) this is a bit of a feeble attempt based on proto-Celtic *sφreije- for 'throw'(same root as English "spray")
--Archers (EB Sotaroas) Arpetonets (pl. Apretonedes) based on *arkwe- meaning a shot (Indo-European *arku- for a bow and arrow) turned back into a bow and arrow meaning... hmm... and with *neits for a warrior
---Elite Archers - Arpetouiros (pl. Arpetouiri) as above to make "shooting heroes"

Caveat: We have no real idea what the Gauls actually called their soldiers...

That looks good Elm.

I can pretty much mix and match to generate different troops should I have them.

Any other unique classes I make, i'll contact you.

I have already told you a PM means you drink for free within a 50 mile radius of DC, right?

Keep up the good work, I'm stoked for this mod

Long live Carthage

BATTLE.jpg

Too much hoplite spam to beat back
Hzerg.jpg

Alright the footwear is done minus the rigging. Just means that worst case scenario, if they arent rigged they will show up funny in the vendors.

However all armors skin tones should now properly match up with foot wear skin tones. This was distorted in the transition of the .903 BRF to the .960+ BRF. I was waiting on Thor to update BRF, but I went ahead and made textures for the 3 ethnicities.

Heres some Carthy on Carthy action..

pic2-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom