Couched lances not working - Resolved

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

Anyone else getting this problem? On lances that say they can 1h 2h and couch, when in combat the little icon of the lowering spear doesn’t appear like it used to with its option to press x to couch the lance. Also just galloping like In the old games doesn’t couch lances either.. what’s going on??

I have couched lances before in bannerlord but they seem to be broken.

Please help

Edit: As others have said (thanks for the help :smile: ) the max speed of your horse may be too slow. Try dumping sumpter/saddles and upgrading. Desert horses seem to work fine for me.

Last edited:
Same here! I tried so many times with different cultures and cav classes in both single player (campaign and custom battle) and MP but nothing worked and it's super frustrating.

Err... couched lances weren't really a thing in Roman times. Are you sure it's actually in the game?

Couched lances are without a doubt, 100% implemented in both single and multiplayer.

as for them not working properly, I personally have not experienced much of an issue with them
- i know its basic, but sometimes you simply aren't going fast enough on your horse when you press 'x' in attempt to couch the lance

I have used several couched lances in single player, for me couching works fine. One specifically is the Menavlion (sp?), which is 1handed, 2handed and coucheable. It worked fine. What has changed is that you need to use a key (default 'x') to couch it.

Couched lances are without a doubt, 100% implemented in both single and multiplayer.

as for them not working properly, I personally have not experienced much of an issue with them
- i know its basic, but sometimes you simply aren't going fast enough on your horse when you press 'x' in attempt to couch the lance

I tried when I am on full speed (as fast as the horse could go) but can't seem to be able to make my cav to lower his lance

I tried when I am on full speed (as fast as the horse could go) but can't seem to be able to make my cav to lower his lance

Perhaps the ability to couch the lance has not been properly implemented for all the lances that are supposed to have it?

try buying some other lances and testing those

also unlikely, but maybe your horse just isn't fast enough?

Perhaps the ability to couch the lance has not been properly implemented for all the lances that are supposed to have it?

try buying some other lances and testing those

also unlikely, but maybe your horse just isn't fast enough?

The horse speed is a possibility in single player but I literally tried every single possible combination of horse and lance in MP and non worked so far!

The horse speed is a possibility in single player but I literally tried every single possible combination of horse and lance in MP and non worked so far!

i found that some of the lances that have in description as "couchable" in fact aren't.
try different lances that have couchable in the descript, one should work.
also, im not sure, but i think the starting horse (sumper) was too slow to actually couch.
just test it out more, u should be able to get it (im using somehting like leaf shaped lance or something)

So you are sure you go fast enough, press the right button (x is standart) and you have a couchable weapon?

I think it's probably that you aren't going fast enough. The horse you start out with is too slow to couch your lance and I think you have to be going something like 60 or faster to do it.

As others have said (thanks for the help :smile: ) the max speed of your horse may be too slow. Try dumping sumpter/saddles and upgrading. Desert horses seem to work fine for me.

i found that some of the lances that have in description as "couchable" in fact aren't.
try different lances that have couchable in the descript, one should work.
also, im not sure, but i think the starting horse (sumper) was too slow to actually couch.
just test it out more, u should be able to get it (im using somehting like leaf shaped lance or something)

I think it's probably that you aren't going fast enough. The horse you start out with is too slow to couch your lance and I think you have to be going something like 60 or faster to do it.

Is there a way to know your speed while galloping? Also, I have seen a video of someone couching with the Bedouin class in MP and I tried that with no success.

Is there a way to know your speed while galloping? Also, I have seen a video of someone couching with the Bedouin class in MP and I tried that with no success.

In MP, make sure ur using a weapon that can couch. beduin could have picked up a lance, or was mamluke and took camel- there are many possibilities. also, in mp if u start your couch, i noticed u can be moving very very slow (basically during slow canter, speed between gallop and trot) which was definitely not possible in warband, as at that speed the couching animation would end and u would need to speed up to start couch again.

its easier now to see how fast ur horse is moving as walk, trot, canter and gallop are far more distinct in bannerlord than previously were in warband imho

Back
Top Bottom