Contest: Guess the release date!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll play!

My guess:  09/23/2021
Reasoning: It's mah burdday
Persons I would like to thank: My parents for giving me birth. And TW for years of fun gaming experiences. I would not like to thank the Reptilian Overlord Controller for trying to shackle my eternal being for its selfish consumption through low frequency vibrations and oscillations of energy.

My guess: 14/6/2021
My reasoning: There would be a release date already if it were this year.  They'll plan for next year, and then get delayed again.
Persons I would like to thank: The entire modding community for keeping me interested in the current game.

My guess:  07/12/2019Y
Reasoning: With closed beta being announced (or well currently in the first stages of such) I believe that it'll be a couple months for testing before a gamescom ready public play and at gamescom announce the release date for a close date to Christmas - possibly allowing a bit more beta testing before releasing.
Persons I would like to thank: Ma man Silen, meet him on an RP server YEARS ago and literally became best buds and he has helped me massively with warband and improving such.

My guess:  13/12/2019
Reasoning: Friday 13th close to Christmas makes it ideal release date.
Persons I would like to thank: my dog, for keeping me sane.

My Guess: 3/30/2021
My Reason: With the success of Warband being released during the end of March and with the uni students summer coming up ahead that time of year would be a strategic move for Talewords pockets. I understand that we must wait for great things. Patience is key. I believe this game is not going to be ready for 3/30/2021
Thanks: Google so I could find out when Warband was released

My guess:  27/03/2020
Reasoning: Rumors I criticized
Persons I would like to thank: Gods of Cimmeria who put love for stell and blood inside my hearth

My Guess: 29/02/2020
Reasoning: I think Multiplayer is more or less done and since they're doing friends & family testing they must think so as well. As for the Singleplayer I think there's maybe still some adjustments, minor features, balancing etc. Being done. Also they can't go to yet another Gamescon without having a release date, so pretty sure they'll announce one there. As for February I think that leaves them enough time since announcing their release to be sure to meet their deadline while not at the same time be too far in the future, a good middle ground so to say.
Persons to thank: I would actually like to thank both Callum and Captain Lust, I feel like both has handled things well taking things into consideration. While I think a lot of us would have loved more transparency as to what was going on, we also know it was not their decisions.

My Guess: 17/06/2020
Reason: I think that the beta will start soon, but don't expect all beta testing to have finished before early next year (possibly not until spring 2020). I then expect there to be more "polishing" and tinkering for a few months, at which point the game will be reasonably playable but there will still be bug and balance issues upon release. The 17th of June is a Friday, which I think is a likely day of the week for releasing a game (but I cannot remember what day previous games were released on). Whilst I agree with Rungsted about them needing to announce a release date at Gamescom, I am not optimistic that they will.
Person I would like to thank: Danangleland, for deducing the correct release date.

My guess:  22/11/2019
Reasoning:a few weeks before the holidays
Persons I would like to thank:Taleworlds for letting me in the beta /s

[SOTR] Roy said:
Roccoflipside said:
We should have a standard for m/d/y or d/m/y with dates. I feel like some people are doing one, and the rest are doing the other.
The original post specified, but people follow their own rules.

They do, but in general only those that followed the specified template are included. I've no intention of starting to interpret wether someone meant 30/03, 03/30 or 03/03 when posting "3/30/xy". I do include more plausible posts like "7/9/21" as "07/09/21" though.

18 June 2020.

Edit: Wtf ? I swear I gave this answer without looking at yours stevehoos !

Edit 2:
I would like to thank for being my only source to my ass.

Our guess #1: 2019/08/05
Rations: 3 sacks of grain
Thankful Persons: Village Idiot

My guess #5: 2019/08/06
Reason: Launch delayed due to strive for perfection
Who would you like to thank: Looter #5

I changed my mind, here is my new guess: 2020/06/18
Reason: REDACTED
Informant name: KhergitLancer99

Well that's funny, I made the same contest one year ago, with slightly different rules and also sanctions if you miss the date: http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-29786-56778478-1-0-1-0-pronostics-edition-2018.htm
This new contest enables me to change my original guess.

My guess: 15/04/2021
Reasoning: any date before 2021 is way too optimistic
Persons I would like to thank: my pigeons

My guess:  28/06/2020
Reasoning: 2 month after Cyberpunk 2077 and no other releases this month so far
Persons I would like to thank: devs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom