Competitive changes for future tourneys

Users who are viewing this thread

Guaccmoleboy said:
I think just make the **** module instead of conjecturing. Every time someone proposes a competitive module, nothing ever comes of it. Lets just do it, test it out, and make improvements from there

There has been quite a few test sessions on different modules for years. V I P.

removing javs from nord inf/cav will just mean nobody will ever run 3 inf on open anymore
it'll also mean nord cav are absolutely useless and get shat on by literally every other faction in the game, just like their archers

Swadia is useless without awlpike cavs, nords without javs won't be that good. Sarranids and veagirs will be superior after these changes. Nerfing one thing will make other one much better. Only needed change is buffing rhodoks a bit, cuz they are just weaker than other factions.

Primary suggestion is considering ways to implement Khergits effectively. Hard modifiers to stats and serious attention to the faction could balance them and finally bring something fresh to the next tournaments.

Azan's balance mod was very good as far as I remember and re-implementing it should be common sense for any serious tourney. Would suggest also buffing Rhodok inf ironflesh; seem to remember some debate around this and don't know if it was used but from the testing I did I remember it worked to match them with Nord inf.

The other 2 I am not so sure about; Swadia will be incredibly weak on closed maps without the awlpike cav as the infantry frequently need 3 or 4 hits to kill with their swords (perhaps a buff here would remedy - not familiar with their stats but no other faction has such bad standard weapons on offer for inf) and although the idea is to diversify tactics for the faction I fear it will ultimately just make them too weak on closed. Other ways to compensate if awlpikes are removed though.

Imo just reduce Nord throwing stats to balance them, perhaps also don't increase their shield skill as is currently in the mod so that nord inf remain vulnerable to archers (this stat could even be reduced); by removing the javs you standardise Nords and remove the uniqueness of the faction. Without the additional ranged power of the javs Nords would become substantially more vulnerable to crossfire on closed and have their mobility reduced on open due to an increased reliance on archer-support.

Balance is clearly needed but if it comes at the cost of standardising every faction and removing what makes each one unique then you should look at other solutions which don't force this.

WarhammerR said:
Swadia is useless without awlpike cavs, nords without javs won't be that good. Sarranids and veagirs will be superior after these changes. Nerfing one thing will make other one much better. Only needed change is buffing rhodoks a bit, cuz they are just weaker than other factions.
Swadia still have strong xbows and also infantries with awlpikes. That aint weak.

Make long awlpike not useable on cav but keep normal one?
It's easier to punish because of the shorter range but rewards people playing it with good damage?

Nerf nords throwing skill, especially for cavs. It's way too high, but without the javs they are by far the worst cavs because you die 1 hit every time.

Just to respond to a few things:

Never said change Nord cav; specifically said don't in fact. Only change proposed was remove ability for Nord inf to pick up javs. This could be done server side.

Nobody said make all the factions the same, the point is to make their strengths have a purpose. Again, as specifically said in the OP Nords don't do that right now, they excel at everything except at very long range. Surkan go re-read you lil QTpi

I'm still up for a competitive module but the more changes we can make the more we argue about stuff. I mostly wanted to set out a few clear obvious improvements, and these can all be done server side.

Before long awlpikes on cav were meta Swadia were completely fine. They are a good all rounder faction with fast snowball without awlpikes on cav: with, they're death machines.

Well up for Khergits but that would need a module I think.

Agree with Warhammer that nerfs to one = buffs to other, that's why I'm proposing minor changes first.

OurGloriousLeader said:
Just to respond to a few things:

Never said change Nord cav; specifically said don't in fact. Only change proposed was remove ability for Nord inf to pick up javs. This could be done server side.

Nobody said make all the factions the same, the point is to make their strengths have a purpose. Again, as specifically said in the OP Nords don't do that right now, they excel at everything except at very long range. Surkan go re-read you lil QTpi

I'm still up for a competitive module but the more changes we can make the more we argue about stuff. I mostly wanted to set out a few clear obvious improvements, and these can all be done server side.

Before long awlpikes on cav were meta Swadia were completely fine. They are a good all rounder faction with fast snowball without awlpikes on cav: with, they're death machines.

Well up for Khergits but that would need a module I think.

Agree with Warhammer that nerfs to one = buffs to other, that's why I'm proposing minor changes first.

Javs are a significant change and it could make Nords weak outside of the fights.

Gibby Jr said:
Swadia will be incredibly weak on closed maps without the awlpike cav as the infantry frequently need 3 or 4 hits to kill with their swords (perhaps a buff here would remedy - not familiar with their stats but no other faction has such bad standard weapons on offer for inf)

I think that's mostly because you play inverse tbh

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
Gibby Jr said:
Swadia will be incredibly weak on closed maps without the awlpike cav as the infantry frequently need 3 or 4 hits to kill with their swords (perhaps a buff here would remedy - not familiar with their stats but no other faction has such bad standard weapons on offer for inf)

I think that's mostly because you play inverse tbh

inverse reduces damage yet people spent all this time talking about how OP it was?!

OurGloriousLeader said:
๖Kern said:
Javs are a significant change and it could make Nords weak outside of the fights.

Nords are by far the strongest in fights. Why shouldn't they have a disadvantage elsewhere? Their cav would still have great throwing skill too.

Do a few test runs, see how it turns out.

Could someone actually post the statistics with faction winrates? I think Dopey posted it in the last thread of this kind. I am on mobile and it is pain in the arse to scroll forums.

blivandefar said:
hi, id like to see set flag positions for each round in competetive mound and blade: warband. i was thinking to have more tactical and positional gameplay. for example lets say sandi boush, first flag would spawn graveyard, second middle and third in the alley. imo this would make teams set up around the flag and would prompt earlier fights and less static gameplay before flag spawns. maybe it would make teams set up specific strats with specific comps for that specific flag and maybe another team got a counter strat to that or some ****. dunno what people think about it but i think it sounds cool.

This right here.

If anything focus on making Khergits playable we play competitively and can't even use one of the factions in the entire game; it's actually absurd.
All the idea posted are not bad by any means but were invented by people to get an edge in that respectable faction, save the nords!

Back
Top Bottom