Resolved Companion's Price

Users who are viewing this thread

Just to let you know that it has been said that companions' expensive prices were reduced in 1.2 Beta (because of equipment).

However I just started a new game with 1.2 yesterday and I met 2 companions with insanely high prices:

- Selun the Alone in Onira asked for more than 7 000 denars
- Yana the Swift asked me for more than 11 000

Thank you!

Playing 1.2 beta
I would agree that the prices of companions have gone up not down. I asked an engineer to join me after a few days into a new game and she wanted 7,000
Then I asked Somebody the Swordsman to join and he wanted 2500 which was manageable but still seemed a bit high.

If it is by design that these characters are simply too highly skilled then I withdraw the complaint.

Last edited:
Curious. Did either of you have an established clan/kingdom with fiefs and income? Did you have a large amount of gold? I'm just wondering if it may be related to your current net worth vs the type/abilities of the companion.

I did not have the aforementioned things. I restart after each patch to be sure I'm getting all of the patched code in my game.
I did not have a lot of gold either, but this suggestion/problem is only being made because it is hard to gain a companion early in the game. From some of the stories being told by these characters, it seems a bit odd that they are asking for this amount of gold.

Not that I noticed particularly no.
To be honest, even if their skills are too high I think it would be better for the characters to all be at the player's level when hired so they can be formed how the player chooses. All these people who are already experts are a bit off-putting. Having a pre-existing specialty doesn't have to mean it's at its maximum already.

Last edited:
A compromise: Have both skilled and unskilled companions available. Unskilled would be for lower levels, and cost less to hire. Skilled would be for established clans/kingdoms who are seeking specialized assistance in areas they are lacking. The skilled would be more costly but also have the talents to match.

A compromise: Have both skilled and unskilled companions available. Unskilled would be for lower levels, and cost less to hire. Skilled would be for established clans/kingdoms who are seeking specialized assistance in areas they are lacking. The skilled would be more costly but also have the talents to match.

I started several games from scratch yesterday and went around looking for companions each time to see what their prices are for a complete nobody and from what I can see this is exactly what we've got. highly skilled and low skilled companions available to you at all times so I suppose it's just RNG whether you get one you want and can afford. I personally don't see an actual problem here now to be honest; if a companion is too expensive you got stuffed by RNG. Try again.

There are other threads which seem to indictate it's only Khuzait culture companions who are the 7-11k priced companions though. If that's the case it's probably a bug, considering culture has little to no effect on whether a companion has good skills or not.

There are other threads which seem to indictate it's only Khuzait culture companions who are the 7-11k priced companions though. If that's the case it's probably a bug, considering culture has little to no effect on whether a companion has good skills or not.
It is possible indeed, I know for sure 1 of the 2 I mentionned was Khuzait.

I don't mind paying extra for a very skilled companion, but this has nothing to do with that since I found one super skilled for only like 1800 denars.

Since nobody has mentioned it yet, the main price difference was supposed to be due to gear equipped when they join the group.

In version 1.1 I met a guy khuzait who wanted over 10k for no god dam reason as well, I also read it was supposed to be fixed.

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were not able to respond to this topic when this topic first created.
We believe that this issue might have been fixed since the creation of this topic. If you are still experiencing this issue on the latest live or beta versions of the game at the moment please leave a reply to this topic so that we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom