Companion -> Lord in my own kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

pchalk

Regular
I have been running a campaign as a ruler of my own kingdom. i recently took a castle in Scotland and determined that Firentis was where i wanted him to be when it came to skills and equipment. I awarded him the castle. the next time i see him he has completely different equipment, in fact worse equipment. hes riding around in a talbard when i gave him a rather expensive mail  :???:. is this normal?

I have made all companions Lords except for one luiddveck (can't remember name) and it appears all companions except for Roland ditch their nicely selected armor and pick up random chainmail and awful weapons this disappoints me D:

In native they took tabard mail, an some horse.
Its good and bad you either don't need to equip them (strip them) but they sux at fight.
Anyway npcs fights are different whatsoever or so it seems, even though they would sux while figthing real time in your fight they can do good in their fights. Just test the insta combat option where you dont fight and look how your knights die to peasants ...

hmm... did you try throwing their inventory in trash? i haven't tested it yet but companions seem to take the armor they have in their inventory after turning to lords, not the one already equipped.

Tei said:
hmm... did you try throwing their inventory in trash? i haven't tested it yet but companions seem to take the armor they have in their inventory after turning to lords, not the one already equipped.

If you figure out how to make lords keep the equiptment we give them please reply :grin:

You could do it by editing scripts.txt but finding the proper line, ouch.

I will change this behaviour, they will not get replacement equipment, just keep whatever you gave them.

othr said:
You could do it by editing scripts.text but finding the proper line, ouch.

I will change this behaviour, they will not get replacement equipment, just keep whatever you gave them.
That would be fantastic thank you so much

They only change the armor and horse to that of what was preset for them. The armor will bear their banner so it will be some type of surcoat while the horse will be like the other Lord's horses. The weapons do not change. However I would like an option to see what type of troops that they would be recruiting. It's weird having arab troops fighting along side of my Europeans ones when we're fighting other arab troops.

is there a way to alter the lords right now? i mean i have one dude with no boots! he runs around the battlefield with bare feet!

Kinsume said:
They only change the armor and horse to that of what was preset for them. The armor will bear their banner so it will be some type of surcoat while the horse will be like the other Lord's horses. The weapons do not change. However I would like an option to see what type of troops that they would be recruiting. It's weird having arab troops fighting along side of my Europeans ones when we're fighting other arab troops.

Actually Alayan (or however you spell his name) is now rocking the Serf Levy scythe in my kingdom.

Back
Top Bottom