I just got a a city for a horse

Users who are viewing this thread

Seadd-Talan

Recruit
I have been playing Bannerlord for almost a month and I have a small kingdom going and I’m at war with 3 factions which has been a pain. But, I just decided to try talking to one of my enemies rather than just fight his party, and I managed to get him to switch to my side, he asked for some “support” to help him decide, and I gave him just one moderate value war horse. What I did not realize was that apparently this guy was the ruler of a city, and when I bought his loyalty with a horse, I also got a city and its villages. Absolutely ecstatic
Okay, I just realized that while it’s part of my kingdom, I don’t get to manage the city in any way. Is this because a different clan owns it?

I have been playing Bannerlord for almost a month and I have a small kingdom going and I’m at war with 3 factions which has been a pain. But, I just decided to try talking to one of my enemies rather than just fight his party, and I managed to get him to switch to my side, he asked for some “support” to help him decide, and I gave him just one moderate value war horse. What I did not realize was that apparently this guy was the ruler of a city, and when I bought his loyalty with a horse, I also got a city and its villages. Absolutely ecstatic
Okay, I just realized that while it’s part of my kingdom, I don’t get to manage the city in any way. Is this because a different clan owns it?
Yes. It’s his town, but he falls under your kingdom umbrella. Clans that join you will leave if you aren’t giving them a fief or two to manage themselves

Alright, thank you. Is there any reason to ever grant a fief to one of my companions?
It allows them to raise troops on their own and increase your overall party limit, as they have a seperate limit from yourself. You can also infuse their “character” ranks by having them marry your children.

It allows them to raise troops on their own and increase your overall party limit, as they have a seperate limit from yourself. You can also infuse their “character” ranks by having them marry your children.
Thank you for the information, much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom