***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I think they could have like 20 custom companions and then have the rest be randomly generated, I feel that would be a good way to go about it. And seriously can't they allocate 1 person to spend a few weeks making some interesting companions ? Not like it should be a that complicated thing to do.

Have your tried the mod which makes companions out of your soldiers who do well in fights? I actually really prefer that way if we are doing random companions. It really made me care for them and not just toss them away. I only use them now for caravans anymore as they just eat up a better soldiers spot if you take them into battle.

Mexxico is leaving?

Man, that’s sad news. He truly was the only one who I felt “got us” here on this forum.

I dont see any other dev post herewith the regularity, passion and intensity as he did.
He engaged with us, listened to us and if there needed to be changes, adjusted and implemented.
Ah well... all good things must come to an end. Except for bannerlord early acces.. like the glory of rome, it is forever.

Have your tried the mod which makes companions out of your soldiers who do well in fights? I actually really prefer that way if we are doing random companions. It really made me care for them and not just toss them away. I only use them now for caravans anymore as they just eat up a better soldiers spot if you take them into battle.

Never heard of this one before but it actually sounds like a pretty neat idea. It could even open itself to some gimmicks where they keep track of past events a la Shadow of Mordor. Doubt that it will happen in the base game but... it would be interesting.

I know I suggested this a few weeks back. Had no idea that this was a mod :O

I think they could have like 20 custom companions and then have the rest be randomly generated, I feel that would be a good way to go about it. And seriously can't they allocate 1 person to spend a few weeks making some interesting companions ? Not like it should be a that complicated thing to do.
If they did that my guess would be that the 20 custom companions, if done right, would almost always be selected. I want to know what I'm getting and have a companion who is actually useful instead of one who often has crappy randomly generated stats.

I want to know what I'm getting and have a companion who is actually useful instead of one who often has crappy randomly generated stats.
That is also something that can be adjusted and fixed. Or instead of can, rather it "should", as the way companions are now it's really just a gamble if you get something useful or just a dead weight. That's why when I still played BL I used a mod that allowed me to reset and re-invest skill and attrribute points of companions, to fix what I could only call an oversight on TWs part.

Or the mod who alow you Recruit everyone, now we have true useful companions.

On the subject of companions I was playing through Med 2: TW again and I love the "Man of the Hour" events there where if an army without a general wins a battle with close odds he is offered adoption into your royal family. Made sure I grew them into good generals and kept my actual royal family safe.

Something like this for Bannerlord would make playthroughs memorable. Rimworld is a game that Bannerlord could take a lot of pointers from as well, every playthrough of Rimworld you remember, for the good and bad things that happen. I genuinely can't remember any of my playthroughs on Bannerlord save one where I tried to just rely on Forest Bandits for a Robin Hood style army.

This would be a good solution which is once again suggested. And I add that for random (non-custom) companions a good way to genesis them would be through the idea that Distinguished Service implements as others have pointed out above.

if you're seeking them telling you not to raid/keep food/win battles, the faceless ones can do that/already do at least some of it.
if you want lore conversations when coming across a landmark, this can be added to the random faceless companions too.
The random wanderers only seem to react to high casualty battles (if bloodthirsty) or raiding a village (if merciful). They don't react to much else, don't tell you stories about their adventures in the lands you pass through, and they don't interact with other party members or ask you to make decisions.
(damage model thread) This is a nice topic and I will forward it to the relevant people.
Excellent and thanks, really hope SP armor finally gets some improvements. That would make a huge difference for the enjoyability of battles since it affects so many areas.
I don't share the opinion that all features from warband must necessarily be in Bannerlord nor do I think that we should make promises that may be broken or, alternatively, force us to drop or underprioritize more important work. (F.e., for me, improving [organic] skill progression comes before any feature that allows players to exchange money for skill points.)
Every tiny thing? Nah. But all notable things people liked? Absolutely. Bannerlord sold itself using the Mount & Blade name, and that name is tied to the group of features that make the games what they are. When people buy a sequel, they want a generally better version of the last game. And most sequels are that, unless you're Electronic Arts and remove features with each installment.

I don't see why it has to be an either-or here. How can a small group of features that the last game in the series managed to do be considered such a massively risky commitment?

It's actually ridiculous that we're at the point of debating whether a sequel needs to bring back the features the fans liked.

Last edited:
The random wanderers only seem to react to high casualty battles (if bloodthirsty) or raiding a village (if merciful).
i vaguely remember one complaining about not getting paid or food (can't remember which).

the lore and in-fighting can be added to the random ones too. maybe this is how they want to "fix" the current system.

would adding those featuressatisfy persistent companions advocates?

i vaguely remember one complaining about not getting paid or food (can't remember which).

the lore and in-fighting can be added to the random ones too. maybe this is how they want to "fix" the current system.

would adding those featuressatisfy persistent companions advocates?
If random companions get more dialogue and more interaction I'd personally be happy enough with the feature as it stands, yeah. So long as they took the effort they saved on not making a separate system for fixed companions, and used that effort on other stuff in the OP.

I would absolutely be fine with random companions if they were to be more fleshed out.

Being able to export them easily for future use would be a big plus as well.

The problem is if they try to flesh out the randoms by writing general code, they would waste much more time then writing up the unique companions.
It's one of the laws of engineering: the time to automate a process usually exceeds the time to manually execute the same process. The engineering-minded people always go for automation even when it's unreasonable.

The problem is if they try to flesh out the randoms by writing general code, they would waste much more time then writing up the unique companions.
It's one of the laws of engineering: the time to automate a process usually exceeds the time to manually execute the same process. The engineering-minded people always go for automation even when it's unreasonable.
Honest question since you appear to be amongst the most knowledgable on this forum: since they already have some groundwork for creating unique companions and granting them reactions to specific events, would adding unique quests dependent on traits and culture (or rng) be more work than creating unique companions with specific quests?

Back
Top Bottom