***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Thus far, Bannerlord has been my only TW game but I am thinking of getting Warband from Steam since I hear alot of good things from it, its mods & its only a mere $20. Though any title going forward I'll be wary of after this EA fiasco.
It sure has a great selection of mods. Sadly the graphics and battle animations didn't age well at all. They were already dated when the game came out but now i have to agree with people saying they can't go back to Warband after playing Bannerlord.

You missed multiplayer, as a modder I agree with completing mod tools needs to be a high priority, but when MP gets 1 new Gamemode per year and 5 maps per year, it needs a little more focus, because it takes literal months for TW to get anything fixed
Sorry, I did actually miss multiplayer because I'm not much of an MP guy. If you want to shoot me some multiplayer-related issues that fall into the following three categories:

* (category 1) promised features, or previous series features that bannerlord doesn't have

* (category 2) balance, ai or design problems with the existing content base

* (category 3) problems with existing features requiring new features to fix them

then I can add them/a link to them in the OP.
Thus far, Bannerlord has been my only TW game but I am thinking of getting Warband from Steam since I hear alot of good things from it, its mods & its only a mere $20. Though any title going forward I'll be wary of after this EA fiasco.
You'll miss Bannerlord's quality of life features, battle sizes and graphics, but otherwise Warband is the much more feature complete, immersive, replayable and stable game of the two, with many great total conversion mods. I'd recommend waiting for a sale or getting a discount if you feel that Bannerlord hasn't been money well spent, though.

Last edited:
You'll miss Bannerlord's quality of life features, battle sizes and graphics, but otherwise Warband is the much more feature complete, immersive, replayable and stable game of the two, with many great total conversion mods. I'd recommend waiting for a sale or getting a discount if you feel that Bannerlord hasn't been money well spent, though.
Though I'm one of the first to say that Bannerlord has many flaws in its current state, in no way do I think it isn't money well spent. I'm closing in on 900 hrs played & started a new playthrough for the 1.5.8 live branch. This is honestly the 1st game since Vanilla WoW that I've spent this much time playing a game. But I agree that I think I'll wait until WB goes on a special event sale.

Last edited:
Its sad how a potentially constructive thread turns sour because TW (like in many occasions) ignores it completely.

I wonder why. They realize they cant make us happy or something? Don't want to promise things they cant deliver? Don't care any more? Meh... F it

Its sad how a potentially constructive thread turns sour because TW (like in many occasions) ignores it completely.

I wonder why. They realize they cant make us happy or something? Don't want to promise things they cant deliver? Don't care any more? Meh... F it
I try to reply to topics over the weekend since during the week there is too much work to be done. Naturally, that is not always possible since private life matters can come up. Having said that, it's been two days - hardly a drastic delay. Especially considering that a proper reply to a complex topic can take quite a bit of time. If people choose to be destructive rather than constructive (harming the topic at hand), I would think that they do so out of other frustrations.

In any case, the OP is being read (like many other topics on the forums) and I personally find it informative, agree with parts and disagree with others. Nonetheless, I appreciate it and will take it into account.

The expectation that maybe we get some stuff we had in Warband 10 years ago? :p
Like Deserters or Books to improve the very grindy skill system? Try leveling up Roguery, it's not fun at all.
Bad examples, books and deserters are such simple features, they could easily be added before end of EA. Skill progression is mostly balancing which would just need a few weeks of dedicated testing before the game gets released.
So I would say your expectations are entirely reasonable and likely to become true.

I try to reply to topics over the weekend since during the week there is too much work to be done. Naturally, that is not always possible since private life matters can come up. Having said that, it's been two days - hardly a drastic delay. Especially considering that a proper reply to a complex topic can take quite a bit of time. If people choose to be destructive rather than constructive (harming the topic at hand), I would think that they do so out of other frustrations.

In any case, the OP is being read (like many other topics on the forums) and I personally find it informative, agree with parts and disagree with others. Nonetheless, I appreciate it and will take it into account.
Thank you for the response, I know you guys are busy and the whole community management thing isn't even your job personally. On which parts do you disagree?

Well, thank you for your valuable feedback. We will take it into consideration without disclosing exactly how. :razz:

Thank you for the response, I know you guys are busy and the whole community management thing isn't even your job personally. On which parts do you disagree?
I would rather take some proper time to formulate something, but just in case this weekend turns out super busy

I personally disagree f.e. with the category 4. Very simply put, feedback is important but so is a vision. It is the difference between Floris and PoP. One is a broad collection of mashed up ideas (before somebody gets angry - I'm a former floris dev, i can critize that mod :razz:), the other had a vision. The latter means that feedback informs rather than makes decisions.

Well, thank you for your valuable feedback. We will take it into consideration without disclosing exactly how. :razz:
Better replies require more time.

I would rather take some proper time to formulate something, but just in case this weekend turns out super busy

I personally disagree f.e. with the category 4. Very simply put, feedback is important but so is a vision. It is the difference between Floris and PoP. One is a broad collection of mashed up ideas (before somebody gets angry - I'm a former floris dev, i can critize that mod :razz:), the other had a vision. The latter means that feedback informs rather than makes decisions.

Awesome. It's good to know that you read it and will tell us your opinion about it.

In the meantime, could you please tell your boss that we no longer believe in his existence? It's been one year and he never said a single word AFAIK. :wink:

Thanks for your reply :smile:

Yea, thanks Duh!

What a welcome surprise.
Just look how easy life can be. It just took a single dev post and the whole atmosphere of the thread changed within a minute.

Obviously I remain sceptical about planned features, but it's less frustrating when you know that your concerns and suggestions are being heard.

Especially considering that a proper reply to a complex topic can take quite a bit of time.
Thanks for the reply Duh!

While I agree with you on this, I don't think it takes much time to give a quick answer like "Thanks for the feedback, we will take this into account" or maybe "Thanks for the feedback, we will come back with a more detailed answer after having discussed it internally".

Both of these options don't actually require anything beforehand and at the same times informs the community that it is actually being taken into consideration by TW as a company and not only by yourself as an independent developer.

I mean, isn't it literally the Community Managers job to give these short answers, pass the information along to the dev team and come back with a better formulated response later when it has been thoroughly considered?

I don't mean to derail the thread with negativity, but the fact that Community Managers leaves it to devs to talk to us directly when it's their job to relay information, it doesn't give me a lot of faith in how communication between department works.

I agree that vision is important, but when it's a paid product (as opposed to a passion mod), advertised with the explicit statement "we want to work together with community feedback to bring it to the level the community expects", surely feedback and delivering on promises would take higher priority than vision? (You don't have to answer that, I know it puts you in a difficult position).
True that, I look forward to it!

Thanks for the reply Duh!

While I agree with you on this, I don't think it takes much time to give a quick answer like "Thanks for the feedback, we will take this into account" or maybe "Thanks for the feedback, we will come back with a more detailed answer after having discussed it internally".

Both of these options don't actually require anything beforehand and at the same times informs the community that it is actually being taken into consideration by TW as a company and not only by yourself as an independent developer.

I mean, isn't it literally the Community Managers job to give these short answers, pass the information along to the dev team and come back with a better formulated response later when it has been thoroughly considered?

I don't mean to derail the thread with negativity, but the fact that Community Managers leaves it to devs to talk to us directly when it's their job to relay information, it doesn't give me a lot of faith in how communication between department works.

I disagree with the first part, it took only two days to get a response and for me that's perfectly fine. Sure, in times of antisocial media everything needs to happen immediately but I am not a fan of that change in culture.

Very much agree with the second part though. I don't have anything against Dejan, when he posts it's always informative and appreciated. I don't believe he is twiddling his thumbs all day, so he probably does some important work that we don't know about. But the amount of communication is just too low in general. They sold the game a few million times, maybe a single guy 'managing' the community isn't enough.

@Duh_TaleWorlds comment makes me ever more confident about development.
I couldn't play Floris mod. For whatever reason.
I completely agree with the vision argument.
It is good to consider player feedback but without an unique vision, the game will just lack of identity, authenticity.

This is really at the crux of the matter for me as well. According to those dev blogs it really felt like they had a vision of the game that was at least partially in line with what many, many of the long time fans were asking/hoping for. That, at the time was enough for me. It didnt need to be perfect, it could have bugs and even some things that just simply couldnt make it in the final product -but what we've received...i just cant literally find a reason to fire up this game knowing that the player character is utterly untied to this world and the world is untied to anything compelling whatsoever. Im really curious people that like/love the game -what do they find compelling about it?
I find your comment interesting.
Paradoxaly, I had that exact feeling with vanilla warband.
Everything was so scripted, that you could predict whatever would happen.
What I like in Bannerlord is that TW is trying to create a less predectible world.
@Bannerman Man posted an interesting link about utility-based system, the system TW is using for campaign AI.
@mexxico worked hard to make a stable world for in-game years, without the interaction of the player.
And this is where the player is "tied". Whatever action you start to take, it will have consequences on the world.

The expectation that maybe we get some stuff we had in Warband 10 years ago? :p
Like Deserters or Books to improve the very grindy skill system? Try leveling up Roguery, it's not fun at all.
Thank you for pointing out what I don't expect ==> a simple copy paste of warband with better graphics.
The leveling system is fine for me but I agree it needs some tweaks, a too fast levelling is also not interesting.
For roguery, I agree with you. I tried a roguery playstyle but it is clearly not well implemented. Just finished like a regular playstyle.
The mods Scum and villains + Intrigues should be investigated by the devs, I find them a good addition.

Back
Top Bottom