cofused about village

Users who are viewing this thread

Sort of, sir. They focus on spearwall with a crossbow line. They're designed to receive cavalry charges and defend castles very effectively. So yes, their crossbows are very effective (especially the arbalestiers), but their infantry is no joke either, at higher tiers. A halberdier can hold off enemies both on the walls and on the field easily, due to the long range and power of their weapon. Try a siege with a few dozen halberdiers around the ladders or siege tower. It's hard for enemies to get through. Granted, they were still grossly underpowered when I stopped working on this and handed it over to other people, but they were still pretty effective. Back in the last version I played/created, I saw Graveth, using a halberd, crush the skulls of four paladins, a blademaster, and a lady knight who were on foot before a knight slammed a lance into his back, and I used to hear stories about sieges where people were unexpectedly stabbed to death with halberds and tossed off the siege ladder/tower as they attempted to breach the walls.

EDIT: I should have clarified. Graveth was fighting them all at the same time, with the rest of his army dead.

I've seen Crusaders owning Berserkers and Halberdiers alike on foot because of their VERY high weapon proficiency resulting in VERY fast attack. But Einherjars must be as fast in attack and very faster in athletics, only lower armor.

The Mercenary said:
Sort of, sir. They focus on spearwall with a crossbow line. They're designed to receive cavalry charges and defend castles very effectively. So yes, their crossbows are very effective (especially the arbalestiers), but their infantry is no joke either, at higher tiers. A halberdier can hold off enemies both on the walls and on the field easily, due to the long range and power of their weapon. Try a siege with a few dozen halberdiers around the ladders or siege tower. It's hard for enemies to get through. Granted, they were still grossly underpowered when I stopped working on this and handed it over to other people, but they were still pretty effective. Back in the last version I played/created, I saw Graveth, using a halberd, crush the skulls of four paladins, a blademaster, and a lady knight who were on foot before a knight slammed a lance into his back, and I used to hear stories about sieges where people were unexpectedly stabbed to death with halberds and tossed off the siege ladder/tower as they attempted to breach the walls.

EDIT: I should have clarified. Graveth was fighting them all at the same time, with the rest of his army dead.
Hmm :smile: They are impressive indeed.

Carnivorious said:
Pellagus said:
Halberdiers are great siege defenders. Arbalestiers too. Rhodok troops are probably my favourites.
I second that :smile: Their cavalry isn't bad either :grin:

Oh yeah! their rhodokian knights and romlukes are a thrill to watch! Not to forget their mounted crossbows:grin:

No but I love rhodok crossbows and spears. In my current game I am conquering a rhodok town as soon as they declare war on us. Currently kicking sarranid ass, they are sooooooo weakk because they are fighting with everyone and their lords lost all top tiers troops and only have recruits  :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom