cofused about village

Users who are viewing this thread

Partyanimal

Recruit
hi guys!

I've read through the forum for days and couldn't find the answer. Maybe I missed sth hope you can help me on this  :wink:

After I joined a faction, King gave me a village which is cool I can mange the village and build stuffs in it.
After that, I captured a castle and again king gave it to me.

My question is the village that attach to the castle will be mine as well?
Because I can't manage it at all it's just like a other village. I checked in the faction details, it said this village belong to my faction
but there is no lord occupied. I've been waiting for a month but still the same. Is it a bug or just my misunderstood?

thanks a lot for your help guys  :smile:

ps sorry for my bad english

I don't have mod installed cause it won't work but the village shouldnt be the same as the castle, like in Warband: Dieschios Castle is the castle and Tosdhar is your village, say if Ibdeles Castle is your castle and Tosdhar is your village, they arn't the same, I guess lol

The two are separate in terms of awards so just because you get the castle you don't automatically get the village.

Thanks a lot for your help!

It's weird coz it's been a month the king still not give it to any lords......
But he keeps giving other fiefs away

The fiefs queue up in a backlog as the king only awards one every few days.  This means if your faction is capturing fiefs quickly then it can take weeks for a particular one to be awarded.

Bit annoying as I've captured 3 Vaegir towns for Swadia but we're going to lose at least one as whichever ones I'm not defending are getting recaptured before HM the bloody Queen pulls her finger out and awards them to someone who'll help me defend them.

Thanks a lot Bert Preast!

This village was very first fief that my faction took over. The king should give to someone long ago.
But, I saw the king only gave the fief that my clan just captured 2-3 days ago to his loards.

so annoying or i might did dth wrong  :???:

Politicians, eh? Tsk. The last time I played as a vassal, the Queen awarded most of the fiefs I captured to herself. Talk about cherry picking.

Far better to start your own kingdom, then you can take what you like. I took a Khergit castle a few days ago (Reindi - formerly Swadian) that was poorly defended and am in the process of stocking it with troops before the Khergs get pissed and come take it back. Struggling to do that and defend my village though. It's been raided twice and I cant' build any defences as the moron Khergs decided to build a horse ranch just before I took it.. It's currently looted so I can't build my rep with them.

Damn those horse-lovers. And so I have set my greedy eyes on Halmar and the lands beyond. For he who controls the spice, etc.

My plan is to see Swadia conquer the world - and make sure a sizeable chunk of it goes to me.  Then I'll start a civil war to take the rest, and when that's done I'll trigger the DK invasion.  Trying to get a bit of the flavour of everything, see?

At about day 240 so far.  The Sarranids got tonked by the Khergits and Rhodoks before I had much to do with them, then Swadia went to war with the Nords and gave them a damn good thrashing.  Now at war with both Vaegirs and Khergits, and it's all just a matter of time now for the Vaegirs.  The Khergits won't be easy though - those Tarkhans are utter bastards and each lord seems to have 20 or 30 of them.   

I played the early game before the patch that beefed up the Sarranid lords some, probably why they disappeared so quickly. 

Pellagus said:
Yes, when we were testing, the poor old Sarranids got trampled practically every game I played. LOL NOOBZ.
I've recently plunged the Rhodocks in a war with the Sarranids, now the Sarranids are fighting every faction :grin: this is the part where I leave the Rhodock factions and start taking over the Sarranids :grin:

The Khergits are a ***** to fight against. They sieged Dhirim which I was the lord of. I had 50 cavaliers, 20 Lady knights, 60 Major Thanes, 40 Mercenary Longbows (the females, the good ones) and 40 Tarkhans stationed there. I though yea, no problem, let them come. Their number was over 900 and Sanjar was with them. In the end we lost the battle against their last wave of attack consisting of like 30 soldiers. (Though I have modified the module file a bit, slightly increasing the effect of cut dmg against armor, but still)

eMen said:
The Khergits are a ***** to fight against. They sieged Dhirim which I was the lord of. I had 50 cavaliers, 20 Lady knights, 60 Major Thanes, 40 Mercenary Longbows (the females, the good ones) and 40 Tarkhans stationed there. I though yea, no problem, let them come. Their number was over 900 and Sanjar was with them. In the end we lost the battle against their last wave of attack consisting of like 30 soldiers. (Though I have modified the module file a bit, slightly increasing the effect of cut dmg against armor, but still)

Cavaliers and Thanes aren't really good defensive infantry due to the lack of (guaranteed) shields, and the Cavaliers are moderate infantry overall, they need their horses to fulfil their potential. It's a pretty vulnerable army to projectiles, not really that surprised you lost the battle.

Captain_Octavius said:
eMen said:

Cavaliers and Thanes aren't really good defensive infantry due to the lack of (guaranteed) shields, and the Cavaliers are moderate infantry overall, they need their horses to fulfil their potential. It's a pretty vulnerable army to projectiles, not really that surprised you lost the battle.

My best ever siege defence was against Lady Larktin, using mostly Rhodok troops. The crossbow line and halberdiers fought bravely, despite Lady L stomping 40 or so of them, but the DKs were getting through. It looked hairy, but then Graveth rolls up with his elites and saved the day, like he was Gandalf or something. In summation, Rhodoks are great defenders and decent attackers as well. Massive shields FTW!

Argeus the Paladin said:
And I am still waiting VERY PATIENTLY for you guys to do something to de-gimp the Sarranids.  :evil:
They have been buffed. A bit. A full workout at Dave's gym is required, and that will have to wait until after the next update.

in my opinion the only strong sarranian units are dervishes, mamlukes and eunuchs, others are paper, every battle only these units could knock or kill my men, give more of them to lords and castles(please not eunuchs because i wont fcking take this damned Shariz :lol: joke) or buff other troops :mrgreen:

Captain_Octavius said:
eMen said:

A lot of cavaliers spawn with shield, and even on foot they are arguably among the best units if not the best after crusaders.

eMen said:
Captain_Octavius said:
eMen said:

A lot of cavaliers spawn with shield, and even on foot they are arguably among the best units if not the best after crusaders.

yeah cavaliers are good, check out their stats and equipment.  they all have shields (knightly shield mostly). you were outnumbered like 1 to 4. khergits can be good on the siege sometimes, bec almost all of their troops have bows and they shoot off your archers...without your longbows (btw female mercenary longbows are the bad ones-longbowmen are better), defeat can be possible sometimes. It is not a bog suprise. Also major thanes are not the best. If you had champion huscarls instead everything could have turned out differently :grin:

eMen said:
Then what is the point of infantry? They are still cavalry :wink: Rhodock Snipers/Arbalests + Nord Infantry = Succesful siege defend :grin:

Nordic infantry is specifically designed to be the best heavy infantry in the game, with Rhodok infantry designed to be the best spear infantry. Ever seen a dismounted Knight-Lord attempt to fight against an Einherjar or a Halberdier? They almost always lose. Crusaders and up are a little more even, but that's only if they have their longswords drawn, and even then they lose pretty often.

The Mercenary said:
Nordic infantry is specifically designed to be the best heavy infantry in the game, with Rhodok infantry designed to be the best spear infantry. Ever seen a dismounted Knight-Lord attempt to fight against an Einherjar or a Halberdier? They almost always lose. Crusaders and up are a little more even, but that's only if they have their longswords drawn, and even then they lose pretty often.
Wasn't the Rhodock a crossbow faction?

Back
Top Bottom