Clans should be banned on Captain Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Look people, I don't care about badge or any kind of crap medal since I'm going to sell my PC within 4 or 5 months. I'm trying to enjoy game as much as I can and I'm just telling my bad experiences I had with the fight against the clans.
You want clans to be banned from normal queue, but say you'll quit the game in a few months. So you're perfectly ok with the game killing itself so you can have fun for a few months. Multiplayer isnt big enough to support seperate queues, and casual players often dip out of the game, while clans stay active because of the commitment to the team.

Feels like everytime I solo queue in Skirmish I fight 6 stacks, and everytime I gather some friends, we play solo teams. Cant help it. ?‍♂️

My actual question is, why are you defending your clan fighting against unorganised rabble? A silly question from me again because you always guarantee win and you wouldn't want to be challenged.
We dont get to decide who we fight against.

Why not just join the Captain's League and have organized and coordinated teamplay? If you don't have a clan yet you'll be sure to find a group of players from one of the many associated discords within the league. Nothing, absolutely nothing is preventing you from organizing with other players, other than your own lack of desire or effort.

Captain mode is a gamemode that absolutely requires coordination and teamwork, as you probably have realized by now that you cannot beat a fully organized team by yourself without the cooperation of your allies. It's not that clans fault that your teammates don't want to listen to you. I suggest you find people that want to listen and play with them, and you will find that your winrate might improve. 250 wins out of 1000 man? Would you like some Captain Mode lessons sometime? Ide be eager to help as I have over 1,000 wins and likely an 80% winrate. Perhaps we can work on your fundamentals and you can carry that over into your pub matches for better success.

Or maybe you might just find that playing with an organized and coordinated group of players is just way more of an enjoyable experience than playing by yourself?

Banning clans is not the solution, and would cause more harm than it would "bring players back".

(y)

Why not just join the Captain's League and have organized and coordinated teamplay? If you don't have a clan yet you'll be sure to find a group of players from one of the many associated discords within the league. Nothing, absolutely nothing is preventing you from organizing with other players, other than your own lack of desire or effort.
The sole fact you have to move your ass on a discord just to have a normal game says a lot about the multiplayer.

I know this may go over some people head, but for people who just bought bannerlord and never played any other of the series and are forced to do that kind of stuff just to have a normal game on OFFICIAL servers is disgraceful.

I know this may go over some people head, but for people who just bought bannerlord and never played any other of the series and are forced to do that kind of stuff just to have a normal game on OFFICIAL servers is disgraceful.
GTFO
The game not the acronym

Don't know the game, is it a similar experience?

Worse, it’s a co op l4d type mp it relies heavily upon n team play and coordination and it launched with no matchmaking at all lol had to match make on there official discord

The modern equivalent of triple a games launching with no sp

The sole fact you have to move your ass on a discord just to have a normal game says a lot about the multiplayer.

Yeah dude, some people just want to have casual fun and end up fighting pro tryhards winning matches in 5 minutes. Nothing against pro tryhards but they should play against other pro tryhards

I had to fight against clans today and I was like "Team, we're fighting against a clan so don't get seperated and stick by me" and someone said "F*ck off" and then he picked cavalry then he rushed into their spears... Naturally, the entire unit got wiped out and naturally again, we lost again and again because we were unorganised and they were quite organised. How come that there's no clans?

God knows I wanted to help the team but they all seperated and hunted one by one by the clans AKA "Organized mob"

I understand what your feeling dude, your problem is more those people your described who struggle with playing team sports and end up on your team. Saying fk off then throwing the match out of spite. Signing up for captain and playing that way is about as bad sport as the game gets besides tk'rs. Anyone with 10 games under their belt knows that running your unit in to die immediately is greatly hurting your own team and achieving nothing on the spirit of the game

I'd say you have 2 realistic solutions. join a clan, I'm in one, it's great and it's like playing a different game when you can actually rely on the guy next to you. Second would be to try to bolster your friends list as much as possible with quality players. You will be more likely to be on their team if your queing at the same time.

Don't hate on clans my friend, like you I fought many games against clans before joining one, lost lots, won some, learnt heaps, worked out which random players were just not worth even counting them on your team (the trolls your describing).
To the point where I would see one of them join our team and we would strategise how to win 5v6 instead of 6v6. This actually worked a decent amount of time. Then the 6th player is just ignored completely as he dies immediately and we all go on about our business.

The great thing about the above scenario, is there is nothing that enrages a small insecure little troll man like ignoring him and then winning despite his efforts to throw the fight.

I've said it before, battle won't bring the population back. Custom servers will. There might be a small spike, but except that, it won't change a thing.
I think the combination of battle and custom servers will help, battle was the most popular gamemode in Warband and NW for years, if we just get custom servers with skirmish, tdm, siege, and captain will keep the numbers low because they are more or less broken gamemodes

Stop complaining do something...
Join discords such as Captain League which Ling already mentioned or Bannerlord Community which they are discords you can find nearly any player you played in game at captain mode.

Also you can join to the clan discords and play with them too i suggest that you shouldn't be that angry to clans... They are all normal people not bunch of guys who are trying to make solo players game experience go torture.

Stop complaining do something...
Join discords such as Captain League which Ling already mentioned or Bannerlord Community which they are discords you can find nearly any player you played in game at captain mode.

Also you can join to the clan discords and play with them too i suggest that you shouldn't be that angry to clans... They are all normal people not bunch of guys who are trying to make solo players game experience go torture.
d97.jpg

If there were more players the stacks would not remotely be a problem. When the game is so bad that there are only ~20 people queuing in a region there will be problems with side balance no matter what.

If there were more players the stacks would not remotely be a problem. When the game is so bad that there are only ~20 people queuing in a region there will be problems with side balance no matter what.

Yeah, there will always be problems due to the size. It would still be much more balanced than giving one team 5 new players against a 6 stack lol.

People quit in droves when they run into stacks game after game. EU Captain seemed pretty healthy, but NA has a clan that forced shock troops (the strongest class) against badge-less players game after game. Most games ended with me and 2-3 allies who hadn't quit yet. Despite doing this for almost a year, they somehow are not bored yet I guess?

Yeah, there will always be problems due to the size. It would still be much more balanced than giving one team 5 new players against a 6 stack lol.

People quit in droves when they run into stacks game after game. EU Captain seemed pretty healthy, but NA has a clan that forced shock troops (the strongest class) against badge-less players game after game. Most games ended with me and 2-3 allies who hadn't quit yet. Despite doing this for almost a year, they somehow are not bored yet I guess?
When you include things such as badges or progression, don't be surprised that people take that stuff serious

So two things, both are kind of already discussed:
1. There's a Christmas rush of new players. (Pretty sure you are one?)
2. They just made some significant changes (****ing square/shieldwall formation), that are hampering even seasoned players, and have disrupted established strategies.

This'll even out soon enough though. If you're not sure what to do, just ask. The guy with a 20 win badge whining the whole game is getting you killed, not helping you.

You'll get better. Clans are not scary. It is fun to fight people that are paying attention.

Anyway, welcome to the game, welcome to the forum, don't fall into the whining trap so many new players do and you'll have a good time.

Back
Top Bottom