Clan History

Users who are viewing this thread

Played M&B for a year then played M&BW since beta then bought M&BW the day it came out then got recruited by TKoV Rob left because was too busy with school and stuff then started playing again a few weeks later got recruited by Gowe joined GK then left later because  I couldnt handle some of the members then started KoA and been owning since...

Jai said:
Cool thread, thought i would throw my bit in

Sir Jai and Buttercup
Well i am no beta player, I am one of those other guys I have heard being referred to, those after beta :razz: , I started playing back in April or May on the Euro side because i was overseas. I started playing constantly with a couple of guys called Technoviking and Spesh and having a fun time laughing and doing silly stuff. When one day i saw techno was tagged up and decided to know more about the clan. Well shieldings took me in with open arms and showed me the insides and outs of mutliplayer and the fun of playing with a great bunch of players. Then i came back to the states and with the big time difference and not being able to partake in the clan scrims any more i had to sadly leave the shieldings. When i started to play on the American side I started seeing some interesting players around. DC caught my eye out of the different clans so i decided throw my sword and pony in with DC. Oh btw buttercup is my pony :grin:
We miss buttercup and Jai.  :sad:

killer-blead said:
Jai said:

Sir Jai and Buttercup
Well i am no beta player, I am one of those other guys I have heard being referred to, those after beta :razz: , I started playing back in April or May on the Euro side because i was overseas. I started playing constantly with a couple of guys called Technoviking and Spesh and having a fun time laughing and doing silly stuff. When one day i saw techno was tagged up and decided to know more about the clan. Well shieldings took me in with open arms and showed me the insides and outs of mutliplayer and the fun of playing with a great bunch of players. Then i came back to the states and with the big time difference and not being able to partake in the clan scrims any more i had to sadly leave the shieldings. When i started to play on the American side I started seeing some interesting players around. DC caught my eye out of the different clans so i decided throw my sword and pony in with DC. Oh btw buttercup is my pony :grin:

You keep your filthy hands away from Jai and Buttercup.  :mad:

BanishedSoldier said:
killer-blead said:
Jai said:

Sir Jai and Buttercup

Hey! We popped his cherry first.  :lol:

Turanien said:
BanishedSoldier said:
killer-blead said:
Jai said:

Sir Jai and Buttercup

Hey! We popped his cherry first.  :lol:

Thank you, because we like'em loose.  :lol:

Ariel of Yalen said:
g00nzer said:
g00nzer, was at once a free warrior.  He did as he pleased and didn't bother himself with all the clan affairs.  He then began to play with some of the members of the Balions and became friends with them.  He then decided to join their clan and became a Balion Mercenary.  Things went well for some time, until another member became a Mercenary, a man named Cesog.  Once Cesog joined, g00nzer began to get called Cesog over 9000 times a day.  Frustrated with this mistaken identity, g00nzer became confused as to how he sounds anything like a 19 year old from New York when he himself isn't the same age, nor from the same place.  So until this day, g00nzer reminds the other members with a sigh, "Its g00nzer....."
I KNEW HE WAS 19!!! I WAS RIGHT!!!!!

Sorry... :oops:
*disappears*
Lol, I hope Cesog gets to read that. :razz:

At first, I got into the beta early. I didn't want to play alone, clanless as in almost all other games, so I joined the twenty second. At first it was quite nice and fun. Had some friends there but as time passed I got tired off it as some people weren't like before, they weren't as fun as they used to be and being tired off Rokema's poor attempts of trolling. But a few weeks before I left I hung out with the Shieldings, they seemed nice, friendly and mature, fun and opened their arms for meh!. :grin: Was the perfect clan for me.

When first I got into the beta (Glorious November 25th, 2009), I couldn't even play.  I discovered that a patch had been released or something, although I did not know it yet.  Stadler suggested that I check, I did, and it worked.  Then I played for like an hour, ran into HOBOCOP_socks or something (forget what his title was at the time) and we trained naked at a siege map.  I was so impressed by his generally good spirit (And the HOBOS that I ran into earlier that day/during our practice sparring) that I immediately applied for the HOBOs.  I was accepted a couple days lature.  I dominated in the beta until sometime in mid January, when I stopped playing until sometime a month or so after release.  Now I'm still a fairly known personality on the forums, although I only show up ingame once in a blue moon.

BigBoss is a mysterious Beta player with a mysterious clan past and then joined the balions because they looked cool.

BigBoss said:
BigBoss is a mysterious Beta player with a mysterious clan past and then joined the balions because they looked cool.

ohhhh so mysterious seriousness  :twisted:

McBeverage said:
When first I got into the beta (Glorious November 25th, 2009), I couldn't even play.  I discovered that a patch had been released or something, although I did not know it yet.  Stadler suggested that I check, I did, and it worked.  Then I played for like an hour, ran into HOBOCOP_socks or something (forget what his title was at the time) and we trained naked at a siege map.  I was so impressed by his generally good spirit (And the HOBOS that I ran into earlier that day/during our practice sparring) that I immediately applied for the HOBOs.  I was accepted a couple days lature.  I dominated in the beta until sometime in mid January, when I stopped playing until sometime a month or so after release.  Now I'm still a fairly known personality on the forums, although I only show up ingame once in a blue moon.
Aha! Now we know the 'turth'!

Was a Solamnic knight Dueled legend called Scipio to defend his clans honor and won.
got abandonned by those he viewed loyal now he has only few
Alaric he first and foremost ally, his knight once squire Gawain, then
put down with hurt by betrayal and feeling disgust.
He Rose and Became a King

King of the Golden Kingdom
With lords  and friends and Troops and his side he felt strong renewed and able to fight anyone who dare hurt the community

I played M&B since the .903 beta, and when the Warband beta came around, I signed up on the forums.  I had never really posted much except to make a map for a mod.  Yet lo, I was one of the fortunate few who checked their e-mail one day and saw in it an invite into the Warband .500 beta.  As you can imagine, I quickly downloaded the beta and started playing.  I remember back then when we thought having 20 players on was a lot, you're banner was locked to the faction banner, and you knew everyone by their character's face alone.  Each new patch brought in a new group of testers, who we came to know, also.  These were the good ol' days of the .5XX beta, where the game was still quite buggy but incredibly fun.

Back then we had one community ventrilo for us North American players, and I started frequenting it along with a handful of others.  I grew to enjoy playing with these folks, especially one rather unique fellow named Styo.  His character was incredibly ugly and he talked with a funny accent.  He was also one of the finest horsemen in the game at that time, together with TommyHu and General_Hospital.  As a cavalry player, I strove to learn and improve my skills until I could beat him, which happened eventually (but that's another story).  I enjoyed playing with Styo and the others on that public vent server, but as new betatesters came, it eventually died off.

At the same time, several clans had already been formed on the forums, but there were no clans ingame.  One fellow named Basu decided to make the first ever Warband clan (North American at least, I don't know about EU): KHAN.  He always played Khergits when given the chance and always played cav.  He was really easy to kill and he would rage really bad and called everyone scrubs.  I thought about joining his clan, since it was the first (or at least first I saw in-game, the others were just forum talk) and I kind of felt sorry for him, since he was getting no recruits.

One day some time later, Styo asked me if I wanted to join nK.  Styo, Basu, and Marnid/Orion (who I didn't know yet) were the three co-leaders of this new clan.  I accepted and started playing with them on our new ventrilo server, which soon replaced the old community vent as the go-to place.  Also, I suggested the banner which became nK's and worked on making the current version of that, which was originally made by Timothy the Knight.  Styo, Blak, and I also made the short-lived Duel mod.

To make a long story very short, we played some scrims against other clans, some of which didn't go so well and earned us a bad reputation.  Also, we had some trolls to join and we talked a lot about being the best when we didn't really have any competition to prove it.  After some time, Styo led us in a reformation where we made some changes and tried to shore up those areas which were lacking.  Around this time, we had a fair number of scrims against other clans, which was a fun experience.

Another important moment in nK's history was when we began doing unofficial scrims with Bks (unofficial because they had <8 players, that was a min. for a scrim).  It revealed our tactical disorganization and mainly Akmar took up the task of shaping us into not only good individual players, but a well-organized team.  This was quite successful and we went on to finish our scrims and matches with a perfect record.

Basu later went on a trip (IRL) and Akmar was given leadership in his place.  Later Marnid/Orion resigned, and Gravish replaced him.  They offered me a councilman's position, which I accepted.  I went on to help make some decisions and organize more scrims, which was quite enjoyable.

Alas, Styo went AWOL due to real life issues and the clan has lost a little bit more of its original charm, and all three of its original leaders.  We continued on for some time, but more and more people went away or began playing other games, causing Warband participation to drop.  I became fairly inactive because all the US battle servers were running fastest battle speed.  So nK did not go out with a bang, but is slowly fading away.

Eventually, I stumbled across the dreaded cRPG and fell to the dark side.  Strategus was about to come out at that time, and I thought it sounded interesting.  I didn't intend to bring nK there, and played tagless.  Several other nK members started (re)playing cRPG at that same time, and we, together with some of the HOBOKNIGHTS and others, formed a cRPG specific guild: the Namless Knaves (also nK).  This cRPG nK brought over many of our members, but eventually some left or became a lot less active, and we are now expanding and recruiting more non-Nobody Knows native players.  On strategus, we have some land and good allies.  Nobody knows what the future will hold for us...and this is the end of the longest "clan history" post in history I think xD

here i enclose a storry written by killermongoose (he is like our amazing story telling bard guy:grin:) he wrote origins for most of the people in the clan  i will ask some ppl to add their own ones to the list

happy reading :smile:

Many years ago there was a warrior from the Vaegir highlands. He served in the Vaegir army as an archer commander. But after years of watching Yargolek make his army fight bigger and bigger armies, throwing away his troops like cannon fodder only to sign a treaty which he always ends up betraying. This warriors name was Sammac, and he grew tired with Yargolek. The king would send his troops into perilous battles and stand there like an idiot not knowing how to command. And Sammac always ended up saving the day by taking over command of the soldiers and winning.

Sammac was a master tactician and pinpoint accurate with his nomad bow. Not to mention highly trained with his scimitar which had been passed on through his family for centuries. The blade had intricate carvings of runes and ancient Vaegir designs along the blade. Eventually he rallied an army of revolutionaries and angered veterans and knights at his side. At first they protested outside Yargoleks keep. Demanding he step down from the throne, they demanded that Sammac be king because of an ancient secret.

Sammac's ancestors were once the emperors and emperesses of the first Vaegir empire. During the time when only the Swadians and Vaegirs had hold in Calradia. So by ancient rights Sammac was to be king, but not only that. He was a skilled and charismatic leader, never losing a battle. He knew how to run a kingdom and an army and he deserved the throne even if he wasn't ancient royalty. Yargolek refused their protests and stayed locked up in his castle.

Not long after, the rebels began killing Vaegir soldiers that still followed Yargolek. But it was always under the cover of night when they were sleeping or drowsy. By Sammac's orders they effectively crippled the royal army by taking out any soldier within 3 leagues of Reyvadin. Sammac's idea was that by crippling any significant army within 12 miles they could besiege Reyvadins castle and by the time any army reached Reyvadin it would be too late and the rebels would have escaped into the night.

Sammac's plan worked and the rebels layed siege to Reyvadin. Sammac had been favored by almost every soldier in Yargoleks army by leading them to victory numerous times. Thus, Yargoleks main force was heavily damaged, not to mention Sammac's men had crept into the castle every few nights and assassinated two or three guards at a time and destroyed catapults and ballistas. Slowly crumbling the castles defenses and dooming Yargolek.

Not long after, Sammac's men charged the gates to the keep. Yargoleks men tried to fend them off but those who didn't drop their weapons and run were put to the sword. They crashed through the gate and fought their way through the castle. Sammac sprinted past all of his men up the stairs to Yargoleks personal room. Ten guards blocked the door, Sammac hid behind a column down the hallway and knocked five arrows, a skill he taught himself growing up. He stepped out from behind the column and released the arrows which pierced the juggular vein of five of the guards. He charged in and cut down the remaining guards easily and kicked in Yargoleks door. His eyes widened in anger as he saw Yargoleks empty room.

He ran to an open window and saw a rope that hung down the back side of the castle. Yargolek had fled the castle during the fighting! Sammac slammed his fist against the wall and shouted.

"NOOO!!!" He looked out the window and saw Yargolek and a small group of knights galloping full speed to the woods extremely far off in the distance. Out of anger and determination, Sammac knocked an arrow and pulled it back, pushing the bows limits. His mind went to work and Sammac was one with the arrow, the wind and with his target. He released the arrow which sped through the air like a lightning bolt. The arrow smashed into Yargoleks ribs and the king dropped from his horse like a stone.

The sound of one of Yargoleks ribs snapping echoed through the castle as did his scream of pain. Sammac had deliberately made sure the shot wouldn't kill him but he'd be in extreme pain for the next few weeks. And he wouldn't be able to fight nor run or ride very fast. The soldiers put him on his horse and they ran off into the woods. Sammac watched them go and said quietely.

"Run Yargolek, but all the soldiers and all the castles in the world won't save you." Suddenly Sammac felt a sharp, burning pain in his gut. He turned around and saw a cloaked man holding a bloodied dagger. It was an assassin hired by Yargolek to murder Sammac. Sammac stumbled, clutching his bleeding stomach. The assassin closed in on him, Sammac's vision was going dark, this could be the end for me, he thought. He drew his belt dagger and shoved it into the assassins throat, up through his neck and into his brain. The assassin fell, dead before he even hit the ground.

Sammac felt his life's blood pouring from him. He had lost so much blood that he was numb and no longer felt the pain. Suddenly he stumbled and fell out the castle window then everything went black...

Sammac awoke to find a group of warriors tending to his wounds. They didn't seem like soldiers but adventurers, mercenaries and condotierries. They had all manner of weapons from bardiches and axes, to swords and spears to bows and javelins. One of them, presumably the leader, helped Sammac up and said.

"Greetings sleeping beauty! You're finally awake I see. You took a huge fall, not to mention a nasty dagger to the stomach. Good thing Starbuck, BlackTide and Mongoose over here found you when they did!" The leader pointed to three well armed warriors, one with a bow and longsword, one with a warspear and throwing axes and an orc with a giant black cleaver.

"Aye, ugh, forgive my asking but who are you people? And why did you save me?" Sammac said.

"Because lad, theres something special about you, know man can lead an army to victory against a royal military without some incredible skill. And no man can take a dagger straight to the stomach and fall several stories and live. Someone, and I don't know who, has something planned for you, and it didn't involve dying at the hands of some meaningless cutthroat who will never make a mark on history."

"Thank you sir, but who are you? And what would you have me do?" Sammac said, rubbing his head, he ached like there was no tomorrow. His bones and muscles were aching and sore, he could barely move without feeling like he just took a blow from a great hammer.

"You'll be fine, miraculously none of your bones are broken but you will be sore for a few days, a week at most, then you'll be back to normal. And to answer your question, we are the Brethren Crusaders. A band of freedom fighters and adventurers bent on two purposes, make life easier for the innocent citizens of Calradia. And make life a living hell for Trolls. And we would like to extend and invite to you, Sammac, Emperor of the Vaegirs and master tactician. We could use your skill and cunning, and from what I've heard you have a score to settle with King Yargolek."

"Aye, I do intend to punish Yargolek, and if joining you brings me closer to that, then I'll join you. And after that I intend to come back for my people and lead them better than Yargolek has." Sammac said, shaking the leaders hand.

"Well then welcome aboard Sammac! We'll enjoy having you with us I'm sure. Nice meeting you, my name is Wain."

btw pm about the 5 arrow thing if you want to know :mrgreen:

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
I played M&B since the .903 beta, and when the Warband beta came around, I signed up on the forums.  I had never really posted much except to make a map for a mod.  Yet lo, I was one of the fortunate few who checked their e-mail one day and saw in it an invite into the Warband .500 beta.  As you can imagine, I quickly downloaded the beta and started playing.  I remember back then when we thought having 20 players on was a lot, you're banner was locked to the faction banner, and you knew everyone by their character's face alone.  Each new patch brought in a new group of testers, who we came to know, also.  These were the good ol' days of the .5XX beta, where the game was still quite buggy but incredibly fun.

Back then we had one community ventrilo for us North American players, and I started frequenting it along with a handful of others.  I grew to enjoy playing with these folks, especially one rather unique fellow named Styo.  His character was incredibly ugly and he talked with a funny accent.  He was also one of the finest horsemen in the game at that time, together with TommyHu and General_Hospital.  As a cavalry player, I strove to learn and improve my skills until I could beat him, which happened eventually (but that's another story).  I enjoyed playing with Styo and the others on that public vent server, but as new betatesters came, it eventually died off.

At the same time, several clans had already been formed on the forums, but there were no clans ingame.  One fellow named Basu decided to make the first ever Warband clan (North American at least, I don't know about EU): KHAN.  He always played Khergits when given the chance and always played cav.  He was really easy to kill and he would rage really bad and called everyone scrubs.  I thought about joining his clan, since it was the first (or at least first I saw in-game, the others were just forum talk) and I kind of felt sorry for him, since he was getting no recruits.

One day some time later, Styo asked me if I wanted to join nK.  Styo, Basu, and Marnid/Orion (who I didn't know yet) were the three co-leaders of this new clan.  I accepted and started playing with them on our new ventrilo server, which soon replaced the old community vent as the go-to place.  Also, I suggested the banner which became nK's and worked on making the current version of that, which was originally made by Timothy the Knight.  Styo, Blak, and I also made the short-lived Duel mod.

To make a long story very short, we played some scrims against other clans, some of which didn't go so well and earned us a bad reputation.  Also, we had some trolls to join and we talked a lot about being the best when we didn't really have any competition to prove it.  After some time, Styo led us in a reformation where we made some changes and tried to shore up those areas which were lacking.  Around this time, we had a fair number of scrims against other clans, which was a fun experience.

Another important moment in nK's history was when we began doing unofficial scrims with Bks (unofficial because they had <8 players, that was a min. for a scrim).  It revealed our tactical disorganization and mainly Akmar took up the task of shaping us into not only good individual players, but a well-organized team.  This was quite successful and we went on to finish our scrims and matches with a perfect record.

Basu later went on a trip (IRL) and Akmar was given leadership in his place.  Later Marnid/Orion resigned, and Gravish replaced him.  They offered me a councilman's position, which I accepted.  I went on to help make some decisions and organize more scrims, which was quite enjoyable.

Alas, Styo went AWOL due to real life issues and the clan has lost a little bit more of its original charm, and all three of its original leaders.  We continued on for some time, but more and more people went away or began playing other games, causing Warband participation to drop.  I became fairly inactive because all the US battle servers were running fastest battle speed.  So nK did not go out with a bang, but is slowly fading away.

Eventually, I stumbled across the dreaded cRPG and fell to the dark side.  Strategus was about to come out at that time, and I thought it sounded interesting.  I didn't intend to bring nK there, and played tagless.  Several other nK members started (re)playing cRPG at that same time, and we, together with some of the HOBOKNIGHTS and others, formed a cRPG specific guild: the Namless Knaves (also nK).  This cRPG nK brought over many of our members, but eventually some left or became a lot less active, and we are now expanding and recruiting more non-Nobody Knows native players.  On strategus, we have some land and good allies.  Nobody knows what the future will hold for us...and this is the end of the longest "clan history" post in history I think xD
:shock:
Wow.

Back
Top Bottom