Civilian Clothes/Armor Interaction

Users who are viewing this thread

Pelicanmeat

Regular
I’m all about The way my character looks, and I was curious if the civilian clothes and armors interacted. IE, are the civilian clothes the “bottom layer” (so to speak) over which armor is worn? I doubt it—the practicalities of that seems difficult—but I hope they are.

Puffy pants for the win!

Lol I hope that is not the case. I don't think a woman would wear a dress underneath her armor, nor male nobles or kings wearing poofy shirts. That isn't what you put on under armor when going into battle. However that is what nobles wear at court. I hope it as treated as 2 entirely different outfits for entirely different situations.

Lol I hope that is not the case. I don't think a woman would wear a dress underneath her armor, nor male nobles or kings wearing poofy shirts. That isn't what you put on under armor when going into battle. However that is what nobles wear at court. I hope it as treated as 2 entirely different outfits for entirely different situations.
I never thought about the women/dress conundrum. As far as lords go, I imagine what they wear under their armor is as fancy as what they wear when in civilian garb.

I would love an armor dress like saber :3
latest

Civilian clothing is its own category. You can't wear armor in civilian, but I'm sure you can wear civilian in battle. They are also their own items. A dress is just a dress item you equip on your chest slot in the civilian inventory menu.

They're two separate loadouts as far as I can remember you have a separate tab for your town clothes which limits you to a single weapon and no armour through blocking out a lot of the item slots.

RpCfz.jpg

Top centre left for armour right for clothes.

I also hope that there will be separation of court and field dress. As a lord I'd rather not get confused with a hobo on the street. :wink:

And I am sorry but I couldn't resist this.

But I am sure you can wear your fancy court cloths beneath your armour, and soak it in sweat from your battlefield activities and have it torn by getting rubbed against less than delicate leather or metal which should be great for those delicate, fashionable fancy cloths in expensive material you shelled out with several hundred golds for. Tons of sweat, and perhaps blood, and wear and tear against leather and metal. Who would wear something cheap and replaceable beneath their armour? Better take my best garb!

Taking court cloths into the battlefield seems to me to be as clever as taking your best suit into the trenches of 1916. Its probably best not to do so. Not saying that you need to look like a hobo on the battlefield, but perhaps something else than court garb under the armour?

But I could be wrong and vanity is after all a powerful force.

I also hope that there will be separation of court and field dress. As a lord I'd rather not get confused with a hobo on the street. :wink:

And I am sorry but I couldn't resist this.

But I am sure you can wear your fancy court cloths beneath your armour, and soak it in sweat from your battlefield activities and have it torn by getting rubbed against less than delicate leather or metal which should be great for those delicate, fashionable fancy cloths in expensive material you shelled out with several hundred golds for. Tons of sweat, and perhaps blood, and wear and tear against leather and metal. Who would wear something cheap and replaceable beneath their armour? Better take my best garb!

Taking court cloths into the battlefield seems to me to be as clever as taking your best suit into the trenches of 1916. Its probably best not to do so. Not saying that you need to look like a hobo on the battlefield, but perhaps something else than court garb under the armour?

But I could be wrong and vanity is after all a powerful force.
The Lion doesn’t sully itself by wallowing with the sheep!

Leaders should be atop a horse and in the place of honor: behind all the meatsh—soldiers.

The Lion doesn’t sully itself by wallowing with the sheep!

Leaders should be atop a horse and in the place of honor: behind all the meatsh—soldiers.

For an old lion that's proved itself in its youth it can be approprite to command from behind. For a lion its in prime, the fury of the melee is the only place where its claws can reap the glory of victory.

I would totally be alright with noble clothes that you wear when not fighting, like how NPC lords automatically change when you see them in castle keeps etc. Maybe this clothing could provide bonuses for social interactions. Like, if you have a super fancy robe then you might impress this one lord who likes the style, or if you are a female character and you wear rags you will get laughed at by nobles who have the personality to feel that way. Or maybe you could cover yourself in butter and call Harlaus daddy.

Back
Top Bottom