Cant collect taxes

Users who are viewing this thread

SigismunT

Recruit
Im really sorry but how I can collect taxes? I cant get it from any1 in any towns or villages, neither my lords. Mb I should upgrade taxes effictive or something  alike from -23% to higher than 0%? Pls reply, Im controlling 75%(2 towns + many castles) Nords (alike 6500 who pays taxes + 250 of them belives in my religion).

You get taxes weekly when you pay wages. You might loose money, if you pay more wages than you get income. I think the formula for the income each week would be: income - (wages + 450 * your castles without blacksmith + 250 castles with blacksmith) or something in those lines. :smile:

omg )) then whats the point of owning fiefs if it cause to loose money? and how towns, trade centres supposed to loose money, perhaps stupid traders and epic corruption does so idk )) anyways how im supposed to make they more effective? its sux that I need use quick start for money or being "king-the-trader-and-pirates-killer-for-sum-wallet-for-his-army-and-mercs" ))

Give most castles to your lords, keep towns and the richest villages and you shouldn't lose money.
You can also chose edict/laws increasing your income.
It's also a good idea to do some trade/sea raider farming/tournaments and wait to have 20+k denars before creating your realm (you can still do that after, but it's harder when you are at war).

I pay 15500 to my troops. And getting from 6k ppl + around 10 lords only 2k denars. 2 towns, around 11 villages, 5 castles, I have only castle and town for my self, others is lords fiefs. mb Im doing sumthing wrong but I still think that 2k isnt enough. Whats normal taxes: 50+k denars at least?

15500 in wages is a TON. What is your army size? You should think of getting rid of all the mercenaries and native troops you have, cut down on garisons as well, if you have them. Still, it will take a lot more than 2 towns to support that...

I have 2 towns, that can just about support some 150 troops in total, though theyre not the biggest and richest ones.

Twan said:
Give most castles to your lords, keep towns and the richest villages and you shouldn't lose money.
You can also chose edict/laws increasing your income.
It's also a good idea to do some trade/sea raider farming/tournaments and wait to have 20+k denars before creating your realm (you can still do that after, but it's harder when you are at war).

Don't forget to have a good engineer while all of this is occuring as well.  A hero with high engineering will save you a ton of money (and time) over the long run.  I typically build a barracks or archery range first (cheaper than cavalry and can hold a castle just as well) and then build economic buildings until I can support my own weight. 

Of course I havn't played a real game in ages, just been designing...

Ok, can I count somehow taxes I should collect each week? Having 5 towns, 11 castles, 21 villages (rich/medium, prosperity good/medium) 20 lords (5 dukes), around 300 army (with me + garisoned (nobles respawn 2-5 day-three)), alike 16500 taxepayers, 100-1000 belives in my religion. Economy difficulty easily/2k taxes, medium/500-1000 taxes. Im supposed to think its a bug or something.  Mb I need admin./intrigues skill? (but I dont see where I can check what skill do I have). Pls reply, to support my 5,5k-7k army I have to use quick start what means for me half fun.

First of all lose some castles.Keep one or 2 max.They cost more than they deliver.Give the rest to your lords.That way you won't have to pay for their garisons and your lords will be the ones responsible for them.It will also help them increase in power.Towns and villages are good for income but your castles are bleeding you dry.
Also try some edicts/laws that increase town or village income.

Floodzilla said:
First of all lose some castles.Keep one or 2 max.They cost more than they deliver.Give the rest to your lords.That way you won't have to pay for their garisons and your lords will be the ones responsible for them.It will also help them increase in power.Towns and villages are good for income but your castles are bleeding you dry.
Also try some edicts/laws that increase town or village income.

Sure I dont keep all fiefs, or garisons price would be around 20-30k or more. I have only rich town and castle near it. Used edict combo with 20% income for towns/ 10% income for villages (20% with mills)

At your post you said you had 11 castles.If i that's true then you need to give most of them away.Even with a blacksmith they still have a cost to maintain them , and unlike other mods and native , i think in SoD castles don't produce income.(Could be wrong though).That makes them a liability when it comes to income.

But still rich towns/villages should pay more denars than castle take.
perhaps I need take some more villages to grow income up

One castle comes with one village.I will try to balance out their cost for you.
The castle costs you 450 denars(250 if you have built blacksmith in it).Lets assume that you have a small garison in it that sums up to roughly 100 more denars per week.That makes your castle have a 550(350) denars upkeep.The village , even if its prosperous with a lot of people in it , isn't making such a huge profit to let you gain a high income.On top of that you will need to spend money to build things in those 2 locations.
By giving the castle away you get a happier (not to mention stronger) lord , you save the money that you would spend to improve it , you don't have to worry about garisoning it , and you are virtually not losing any profit since the castle with its village aren't contributing to it that much.

Floodzilla said:
One castle comes with one village.I will try to balance out their cost for you.
The castle costs you 450 denars(250 if you have built blacksmith in it).Lets assume that you have a small garison in it that sums up to roughly 100 more denars per week.That makes your castle have a 550(350) denars upkeep.The village , even if its prosperous with a lot of people in it , isn't making such a huge profit to let you gain a high income.On top of that you will need to spend money to build things in those 2 locations.
By giving the castle away you get a happier (not to mention stronger) lord , you save the money that you would spend to improve it , you don't have to worry about garisoning it , and you are virtually not losing any profit since the castle with its village aren't contributing to it that much.

ok, but yet just 550 per week more doesnt make my profit much higher. I still have to pay 4,5k (2,5k max taxe I had) for my troops. Anyways going to add some villages and see if taxe grow up.

550 for one castle.If you have 11 castles , and assuming you will keep one to have nobles gathering there (not needed if you play the faction where you only gather them in towns , can't remember if its zerriks or marinians) , you will save 5500 denars in castle upkeeps.

As Floodzilla says, give all but one castle away to your lords.

It'll save you a huge amount of money, both on maintenance and garrisons.

Also, get rid of any mercenaries you have.

You can check your administration skill in the "character" tab. If it's still at 0, that will be reducing your income a lot as well.

I cant see admin skill in char. tab (button C), is it 1st or last? I have non-english ver. probably because of this. And yes I gave all my castles to lords as I said. I dont have mercs (it was 15k with them).

I see now I just had to upgrade admin. and intrigues, going to start new game to have more fun.

Hm, still strange. Im sure I must collect taxes instead of paying but I still have to pay denars (6 admin., 6 intrigues + 20% town income/ 10% village income). Had any one met this bug before?

Back
Top Bottom