Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

steinybot

Recruit
Summary:

I played for quite a while at the beginning as a solo character building up my skills and getting used to the game. For a little while I have had a party of around 30 units. I have had battles with up to around 60 units in total with no issues.

Now that I have joined the Khuzaits and gone to war for the first time I am trying to join my first large scale battle. This is where things go crazy every time.

Whenever I move the mouse the camera spins out of control. It seems to be worse when trying to point at the horizon, as if the camera is being propelled away from the XZ plane (usually up and to the right).

If I reload to an earlier save, the army always sieges this city and if I join in then this happens. If I fight other smaller battles then it is fine.

I have tried various different settings and nothing has made a difference.

I'm so gutted. I finally started getting into this game and I can't do one of the best parts.

How to Reproduce: Happens every time I move the mouse in this particular battle.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Apple M1 Max - Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)
GPU Driver Version: 17.1.4.51567
CPU: Apple M1 Max - 6 CPUs allocated to VM
RAM: 64GB - 48GB allocated to VM
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

I have a relatively minor issue where the map terrain turns to all water but if I go into the performance options and click ok then it fixes it. That might have something to do with Bannerlord not understanding the universal memory model. It shows Estimated GPU Memory Usage 2668 MB / 0 MB.

It still runs really well despite being virtualised. I bet it would be much better if I could run it via WINE (i.e. Crossover) but it fails to load an OpenGL DLL. If it were a native app that would be totally amazing and I bet it would run amazing too but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

Ok so I just tried reloading an earlier save again and now this bug is occurring in every battle. I also tried to do a custom 1v1 battle and same deal. Was there an update today that might have broken it? I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything on my end. It has been working fine for days.

Ok never mind. I tried going back to 1.7.2 and had the same problem. I uninstalled, restarted the VM, reinstalled and now it works fine.

Please resolve this / mark as not a bug. I'm not sure how to do that.

Back
Top Bottom