SP Native Calradia Capitalism & Farm/Fief Mod - new thread (v025+)

Users who are viewing this thread

sheek

Knight at Arms
Old Guard
This mod has been revamped and is being continued under a new name - Knights & Merchants

OK, thanks to the feedback from you guys, I've finally fixed most of the errors in the old version of FGC v .24. The only one I'm still having problems with is the Farm Attacks and the magically appearing Caravan Guards bug. I'll put the new updated file up in a few hours.

Current team
sheek
maw

Downloads
FGC-v025 - temporary rapid-share link - Size: 1.0 MB
Source Files for FGC-v025 - temporary rapid-share link- Size: 0.2 MB

Note: the changes have only been made to the South West Farm. If there are no bugs with that I'll add the changes to the other farms.

Progress

v030 now has all the features placed and is functional but I want to make sure I get as many bugs as possible before releasing. Hopefully by Friday or Saturday...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Future versions

Meanwhile Maw has taken my code and is adding new features including owning your own caravans which travel over the map and which you need to protect from attacks. He's going to be working on expanding the 'capitalism' side of the game.

I am working on adding new features to the farming side with a keep where you can talk to many more 'officers'. You have a peasant population working on their own plots of land as well as your personal serfs, who you can tax, recruit into your levy (through the Seneschal), and who increase or decrease depending on the policies you choose. They are not slaves and if you get them angry enough they can revolt. So you need a 'police force' (under a Magistrate) to keep them under control. If you don't have enough police and they revolt they'll kill your slaves and burn down your farm. Giving out charity, lowering taxes and setting up a 'soup kitchen' reduces anger.

Also you have a Stable Master who you can give up to five horses, over time he can heal lame horses and upgrade horses to 'heavy' or 'spirited'. The Captain of Guard holds and trains your garrison troops and there is a chance each day that a troop (above a certai promotion level) becomes a 'hero' and joins your party as a special unit becomes 'squire' (they're not actually NPCs). Finally you have a Chamberlain who manages your keep and can organise feasts which increase your 'prestige' with other nobles... which will link up with a future Tournament mod.[/url]

Known bugs

To exit conversations that get 'stuck' you have edit and cheat mode enabled.

To do that when you start M&B, before clicking "Launch Mount & Blade", click Configuration. A text file pops up. Go down until you see "cheat mode enabled" and "edit mode enabled". Change the numbers from 0 to 1. Save the file. Launch the game.

Good news!

I hope i can also "reduce" anger when i increase the fear towards me.
I would just execute a third of the farmers and enslave some more... :razz:

I look forward to new stuff form you. :cool:

Sounds like you're making some good strides there. Good job, and I agree that most mods would benefit from adding your new stuff once it's in a mostly bug-free state.
Actually, I think it'd be a good addition to the native game as well. :smile:

thaerin said:
saved games from .24 are compatible?

I think they should be.

SilentBob said:
Hmm... I can't see the new features at the South-west farm... am I blind?

There aren't any, just bug fixes from v 0.24. You now get the right amount of money from farming, attacks are much less common, the game doesn't crash when you put all your troops in the garrison, and a few other things.

In other words you can now play the way the mod was originally meant to be played. The other features I talked about are what I'm working on now.

awsome mod! but dont you waste time on these sideprojects when the Fallen Lords hasnt come out yet! :evil:

Cool :cool: . I can't wait for some of the new features of teh mod to. One suggestion, if there is going to be caravans, perhaps the farms should be spread all over the map, in stead of all just near Zendar.

Keep up the good work :grin:

lancer63 said:
When I go and talk to the guy at the SW farm the game gets stuck at the dialogue.

Are you playing a new game or continuing a saved one?

Stonewall382 said:
For what it's worth, when you get stuck in a conversation, you can just tab out of it.

But only if edit and cheat mode are enabled.

To do that when you start M&B, before clicking "Launch Mount & Blade", click Configuration. A text file pops up. Go down until you see "cheat mode enabled" and "edit mode enabled". Change the numbers from 0 to 1. Save the file. Launch the game.

Stick that in boldface in the first post - my eyes ache from seeing "you can just tab out of it" "no, actually, I can't" ad nauseum.

Finally someone explains why I cannot tab out of a conversation that everyone tells me I can.

On topic, I have been watching this mod for a while and am very interested. It looks like fun, and since I am a fan of small mods that can add to total conversions (this one, weaponpacks, the arena mod, etc), I wish you the best of luck in completing it.

Back
Top Bottom