Callum dropped a comment on release date (dont get your hopes up)

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay , i understand they don't wanna give a release date , that is totally okay with me , but at least they can give some extra gameplay footage, right???

Referans said:
Okay , i understand they don't wanna give a release date , that is totally okay with me , but at least they can give some extra gameplay footage, right???
Honestly that's all I want. A gameplay video a week keeps the angry fans away.... And maybe they could say we're going to give the release date within X days of release.

I'm thinking end of 2018 will be full release. Who knows though... we have been waiting since 2012, or at least I have, so we can wait longer haha even though it sucks.

I'd rather have a finished game that is very playable than an unfinished game.

It used to be asking for a screenshot a week and now it is gameplay videos?
We have weekly blogs of information and sometimes multiple screenshots within them. Sure videos would be great but the important thing is that they are focused on making a quality game and not pandering to impatient and demanding people.

Making a gameplay video is way more time consuming than you'd think. It has to showcase only finished/polished parts of the game while being interesting, and hoping nothing random pops up. Blogs are more than fine, though some may argue it's all getting somewhat pointless at this point..

John.M said:
It used to be asking for a screenshot a week and now it is gameplay videos?
We have weekly blogs of information and sometimes multiple screenshots within them. Sure videos would be great but the important thing is that they are focused on making a quality game and not pandering to impatient and demanding people.
I suppose it's better than 3+ months of radio silence, but they're this far into development and all they're telling us are the developers' favourite colours. I dont mind the wait, but it would be nice if they gave us a bit more info at this point.
?️NS Marko said:
Making a gameplay video is way more time consuming than you'd think. It has to showcase only finished/polished parts of the game while being interesting, and hoping nothing random pops up. Blogs are more than fine, though some may argue it's all getting somewhat pointless at this point..
If they can give out a captain mode and a battle demo, I see no reason for it to be hard for them to make a decent looking gameplay video at this stage of development. Even if it was just walking around a town, it would be much appreciated by a lot of people.

I see no reason for it to be hard for them to make a decent looking gameplay video at this stage of development.
And they have made A video like that. You are asking for new ones every week. And even then that wouldn't be enough for people.

I'm as impatient as any of the people here, but that's why I don't visit this forum that often. I won't feed the hype'monster' to much or it may take control of me  :smile: :wink:

I like compare the development of this game to one other great, (i mean, really great), game. Dragon Age Origins. That game took over a decade to develop, and gave us a game that's still great today (all personal opinion here, don't shoot me  :wink:  ).

I would like to see this game released sooner rather then later, but i also DON'T want this game to be a disappointment, so I just sit in the relax coupe of the hype train and just trod along in the hallway thinking of how grand the destination will be. In the meantime, I just look out the window and admire all the new scenery that's shown to us and occasionally have a chat with fellow passengers  :wink:

It will get there, don't worry.

Duh said:
I see no reason for it to be hard for them to make a decent looking gameplay video at this stage of development.
And they have made A video like that. You are asking for new ones every week. And even then that wouldn't be enough for people.
Fine, maybe one a week would be a bit ambitious, but one a month certainly wouldn't be. Some people will scream until they get a release date, and others would be hapy with almost nothing. Some people will be displeased and impatient no matter what.

argon45 said:
This game will not released even 2017.
DanAngleland said:
argon45 said:
Because they're losing players; because players losing their interest for Bannerlord, whatever you say.
..... What's more, putting the game in the Steam Store has itself caused a buzz and will put the game back in peoples' minds. Simply putting the game in the Store sends out the message that this game is coming, as does the publishing of system requirements.

argon45 said:
Keep it up. See you in Gamescom 2017 while Bannerlord still has not release date. GG WP.
Rollo.TheWarrior said:
argon45 said:
" ... This game will not released even 2017.
Are u working there? No.
Game will release in the first 5 months of 2017. 

They will not make a Steam page if they re not almost ready to launch,  no at least in this case,  the game already have 4+ years of development

The man has a point.

Kagos said:
Me in 2016: It's not going to come out. You're wasting your time.
Everyone else in 2016: Shoo, troll! YES IT WILL! YES IT WILL!!!
*doesn't come out in 2016*
Me in 2017: It's really not going to come out, people. Might as well stick to Warband.
Everyone else in 2017: BAN HIM!!!
*doesn't come out in 2017*
Me in a few months: Still not coming out...
Everyone else in a few months: You shut the hell up. It'll be this year. I'm sure of it.
*still won't be out by this time 2018*
He has a point too.

They were still right though. Anyway, my money is on game breaking bug that they're struggling to fix. This is also the first time ever I've actually been worried about the game never coming out. What a time to be alive.

RoboSenshi said:
They were still right though. Anyway, my money is on game breaking bug that they're struggling to fix. This is also the first time ever I've actually been worried about the game never coming out. What a time to be alive.

Yeah I dont buy this ''A lot has changed since april'' bull**** either. They started this around 2010 I believe, they scrapped everything and restarted late 2011 IIRC. I don't think it's a game breaking bug, I think it's TW's ambitions that grew otherworldly and the hype is dying. I will be 30 in 3 years, and this is retarded. Callum is a great community manager and this is funny, because no matter what he pulls out for us, blogs, videos etc. it will never be enough at this point. The game is taking way too long.

I'm hoping Taleworlds releases a behind the scenes documentary after the smoke and dust has cleared the Bannerlord launch. It would answer so many questions.

I’m still so excited for this game! Let them make the game they want. Thats the game I want to play, not the one you want them to release now.

Everyone in 2016 was like “game looks finished just release already”

Then 2017 rolls around and makes that 2016 game look like ****... in comparison. Its only getting better guys, just relax, play something else, the game is going to come out and when it does its gonna be amazing and it will be the game they wanted to give to us, not that poop you wanted in 2016.

Dest45 said:
I’m still so excited for this game! Let them make the game they want. Thats the game I want to play, not the one you want them to release now.

Everyone in 2016 was like “game looks finished just release already”

Then 2017 rolls around and makes that 2016 game look like ****... in comparison. Its only getting better guys, just relax, play something else, the game is going to come out and when it does its gonna be amazing and it will be the game they wanted to give to us, not that poop you wanted in 2016.

Τhat's quite the comment to say considering you have not played bannerlord in 2016 or 2017, and the only evident change in the gameplay videos is the UI, making comparisons technically impossible.

I cant do it right now because I am busy a lot this week but someone needs to make a quite detailed graphical or gameplay analise between the siege videos in 2016 and the sergeant/captain mode videos in 2017.

Maybe taleworlds can make a blog about what were they doing between E3 2016 and E3 2017.

Back
Top Bottom