Bugs report

Users who are viewing this thread

I think that villages benefit from the script that adds experience to the NPC troops. In BoW, I've seen Caravan Guards when raiding villages, although fisheye only added Watchmen. Or, perhaps these are troops that survived an NPC raid, and gained experience points enough to level up? I think that now the game engine is handling upgrades of troops in other parties.

Hello.

Congratulations for the mod, it looks awesome :grin: . But I can't play it. I have a problem while the game is reading the INI file. This is the error:

ErrorTDA.jpg

If I "accept" the error, the game make a CTD. I have installed in Native two mods, the Graphical Enhancement 1.45 from Zaro, and the Standard Weapons Upgrade Project from Talon. The error seems to be any kind of incompatibility with this last one, right? Is there any other solution than erasing Talon's mod?

Thank you. And, oh, please, excuse my english :oops: .

Me again  :smile:

Had just joined a battle. I pressed 'try again' and the game crashed.
I then reloaded and joined the same battle. Got the same message
and pressed 'ignore'. That worked, and I could play on  :smile:
(Never happened to me before - and I've been playing a lot)

Have no idea what it says, but perhaps it's useful information?

I think that Talon's mod could be the problem Travis,although I never tried it so I can't be sure.And don't worry about your english,mine is not that good too.

FerdiadITA said:
I think that Talon's mod could be the problem Travis,although I never tried it so I can't be sure.And don't worry about your english,mine is not that good too.
After some attempts to solve it, I found the right way :grin: :

Instead of installing Talon's mod in Native (the easy way), I've installed it in Modules/Native, editing the module.ini in that folder in order to read that files only when Native is being executed. Now, your mod loads perfectly :grin: . I hope I could give it a try soon, now I must study, I have one exam tomorrow :lol: .

I know this is not a bug but i cant even play the mod after i downloaded it and went to extract is says could not extract the map and when i try and load it up even though the problems are there it crashes when it gets to loading the textures in can anyone help me with this problem

Sounds like a problem with the extraction.

Make sure you have downloaded the "The Dark Age : Viking Raiders (map fixed)" version. It's here:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=619
It's a rar. file. I would simply suggest downloading it again,
making sure it's the latest (map fixed) version and it's extracted by Winrar, Autounpacker or something similar.

I went to download the mod it says open save or cancel I pressed open thats how i downloaded other mods. At the end of download at 100% it says mount&blade has incountered and probelm and has to close we are sorry for the inconverince... what should i do?(this happened with expaneded mod too)

But does the fixed map version put the right names to villages and stuff? beacause I think i ve downloaded it but i still got the odl anmes (sargoth and stuff).

Griffith said:
I went to download the mod it says open save or cancel I pressed open that's how i downloaded other mods. At the end of download at 100% it says mount&blade has encountered and problem and has to close we are sorry for the inconvenience... what should i do?(this happened with expanded mod too)
That sounds really strange. I'm afraid I can't help you.
But it's a rar. file so make sure you have a rar. extraction program, like Autounpacker or Winrar.
(Expanded Gameplay II is also a rar. file - that's why I'm guessing there might be a problem  :smile: )

cremo said:
But does the fixed map version put the right names to villages and stuff?
No, that version just fixes the map problem. Nothing else.
And since there will be no more updates, there will (probably) never be the 'right' names. Sorry.

such a waste.. this mod is a blast for other things :sad:
I exspecially like the foot-combat oriented stuff and the low profile equipment, also the map is way cooler with all those trees to hide into and all those bandits crawling around!

cremo said:
such a waste.. this mod is a blast for other things :sad:
I especially like the foot-combat oriented stuff and the low profile equipment, also the map is way cooler with all those trees to hide into and all those bandits crawling around!
Couldn't agree more!
I only hope the '867 A.D. Lords of War' mod. or the '1066' mod. in later versions, will give me some of the joy this mod. gave/gives me  :sad:

oh well at least it seems quite bug free aside from the horse merchant..
but if i could mod i would change the name of the places ASAP, and maybe add the captruing lords feature from bandit king and the mod would be PERFECT imho.

i admitt i miss very much the monasteries and stuff.. but i guess that for those it would require really a lot of work!

cremo said:
... maybe add the captruing lords feature from bandit king and the mod would be PERFECT imho.
It should actually be quite simple, even for a person unknown to modification making.
Here's an instruction (it's from the TW forum - the only place I could find it):
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148514

I haven't tried it myself. Expect the next release (any minute) to have that feature  :smile:

thanks much adorno :smile:

But sadly the source code for this mod seems broken..

even without doing any changes just by running the build_module of the downloadable source gives an error related to an "heavy crossbow" item and something like that :sad:

Don't know if it really qualifies as a bug per se:

I added Sencha the Druid to my party some time back... but now he's popping up in taverns again offering to join me, even though he's already in my party
(I didn't recruit him so  don't know if it will let me have 2 Sencha's at the same time)

Anyway, it just seemed kinda odd that's all.

Rust said:
Don't know if it really qualifies as a bug per se:
I added Sencha the Druid to my party some time back... but now he's popping up in taverns again offering to join me
I've had that too - in about 5 different mods. A very common bug,
but fortunately it's not that big a deal.
You won't get two Senchas in your party.

cremo said:
but if i could mod i would change the name of the places ASAP, and maybe add the captruing lords feature from bandit king and the mod would be PERFECT imho.
You dont need to be able to mod. Just download the map editor, run it, open tda map, click on the little castle symbol, click on whatever you want to rename, press the enter key , delete the old name and add you're new one.

couple of bugs i think people might have already brought up

when going to some horse merchants  "unable to find mesh hunting_horse_e"

ocasionally getting "unable to find mesh rusty_long_sword"

also i have halfdan in my party and he appeared in teh tavern again

also not really a bug issue but the map has a couple off wierd features (the huge cliff in the north, the huge mountain in wales) also wheere is scotland  :sad: as a scottish person i am quite dissapointed the scotland is really just the north of england BOOO!

Back
Top Bottom